My KontrolFreek analog review

pazhman

[H]ard|Gawd
For those wanting the extra grip from their analog sticks on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you should definitely check out KontrolFreek. These analog grips are very handy, there are 2 products for different games. One is the FPS Freek model which has a raised rubber analog that just snaps on the controller. It has more grip than the standard analog stick, it helps a lot in not only shooter games but other games as well. I found a great help in games such as UFC Undisputed 2009 and Fight Night Round 4. In Call of Duty 4 after a few hours of playtime, I noticed snipering became much easier than before. As said before it works with the PlayStation 3 controller but there might be some creasing around the analog stick after you take it off but it doesn't look like much of a problem. Overall I highly recommend this one 9.0/10

Now the other product they also sell is the Speed Freek analog add on. This one might have helped me a little in racing games but I haven't noticed anything drastic. I also have a concern of the reliability of this one, since the sides have long legs for easier turns, the plastic bends fairly easily and you might have a concern of breakage. It also might bother you a little bit since the legs get it in the way of the center buttons. Overall I really don't recommend this that much, the FPS Freek will help much more if anything at all.

In conclusion the FPS Freek is a great choice. I have tried other analog grips but these by far blow them all away. Another brand to check out is GelTabz, they don't have a raised stick but have a good grip made of silicon. I don't recommend it for the Xbox 360 because the silicon that wraps around the analog on the bottom and makes circling with the analog very hard. I do however recommend it for the PlayStation 3 controller since the analog is higher than the Xbox 360.

FPS Freek
f8c75f5b.jpg

Speed Freek
1fc1940f.jpg

Gel Tabz
65061c97.jpg

That FPSFreek thing looks pretty neat. Looks like it'd be pretty useful, but I'm not so sure how comfortable it'd be. How much is it?

i hate the 360 controller sticks, i can see how these would be useful, i don't play my 360 anywhere near as much as the ps3 but if i did i would order some of these.

I've had the Speed Freek for months now and can't imagine using the controller without it. No breakage - very durable. No worries there. The range of motion is just so much better - especially in racing games, but in all games it is a noticable difference. Definitely worth the cheap price they are charging - MS should have put this on the controller from the start!

I don't have big hands, so I've always disliked the dual shock controllers and prefer the xbox ones. Has anyone with a similar taste tried these on a 360 controller? I'm curious to know if it'd be too big for me.

For anyone curious, these do not fit on the modern warfare 2 controllers.

Last edited:
Back