generic pci card brackets, where to find?

simplesam

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a (cheap) source for pci card/slot mounting brackets?

I just obtained several Dell SAS 6/i cards. (lsi 1068e, pci-e x8) I've got them working in non-dell systems, and now I want to find mounting brackets for them.

I thought the brackets would be easy to find, but I'm having a hard time. I've found blanks/fillers for as low as $0.22. But the blanks with internal screw mounts that I can find, start at $7.

I thought there would be a billion cheap vendors that had a bunch of brackets with various distances between the card screw mounts. Maybe I'm just using the wrong search words...

Does anyone have a source?

Thanks

I guess I just don't understand.

Are you talking about slot covers?

How bout a link?

you sure that will work? none of the brackets I got of my PCI cards worked (radeon 9700, sould cards, modems)

I have Dell PERC 6/i that's still hanging in my case with no bracket.

The brackets work with the dell SAS 6/ir card.

The original card, from a poweredge 2950 or 1950:
P1060612.jpg

Card out of tray, new pci card bracket:
P1060614.jpg

The holes on the card, align perfectly. PCI bracket, installed on the sas 6ir:
P1060618.jpg

Installed in a system
P1060620.jpg

The holes align properly.
The screw mount holes are tight. Even though I have a Bag O' Million screws, I couldn't find one that fit properly. They would start, but not go through. I either need smaller screws, or to run a tap through the holes.

The bent bracket in the pic above, isn't from "making it fit". It's from the bracket bending in my hand, while trying to get a screw tightened down. Since there are no ribs on the bracket, it bends easily. There was no problem straightening it, before installing.

Got my hopes up here. In your searches, do you remember seeing a low-profile option?

The PERC 6i won't fit in a low profile slot. Actually with cables it is a good deal taller than a full slot.

Back