Core i7 920 + MSI X58 @ Frys for 330$ after 20 rebate (10-16-09)

otapnam

2[H]4U
Just as title reads.

saw it in todays newspaper for San Jose / San Francisco Bay Area, good deal for those without a microcenter

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3568&p=3
"The MOSFETs are not passively cooled, though mounting holes are provided on the board if you happen to have a knack for making your own or have an old Eclipse board lying around. We highly suggest active cooling in this area if you are overclocking to ensure stability and longevity."

But what I came into thread to say was: good price!

"The MOSFETs are not passively cooled, though mounting holes are provided on the board if you happen to have a knack for making your own or have an old Eclipse board lying around. We highly suggest active cooling in this area if you are overclocking to ensure stability and longevity."

good price for sure.

What about using the smaller stick on heatsinks for video cards etc ?

Tempting as it may be... gonna wait for Usb3.0 + 6 gbps sata boards.

Was gonna get the p55 deal last week but they were sold out, kinda glad they were 'cause i picked this combo up. :)

Tempting as it may be... gonna wait for Usb3.0 + 6 gbps sata boards.

Maybe it's just me, but I always assume Fry's = B&M only, unless I read otherwise in the thread.....nevertheless, I always read the threads, because I love reading about the deals, even if I can't participate....maybe they'll have a good one next Friday when I'm in Vegas....assuming I can get to Fry's on Friday or early Saturday.

If you don't O/C the board is fine. Although the IOH runs about 55C idle. Probably because it has shitty paste on it or something.

Picked up the combo down in Wilsonville, OR, so was able to skip the taxes too. Great deal, especially for those of us out of range of a Microcenter. Thanks OP!

Anyone find an official owners thread for the MSI X58M on this forum or any forum?
I figured this may be a good place to start with people that bought it!
I am not having any luck.

I would love to confirm and buy a MOSFET cooling solution.

Also confirm CPU heatsinks that work in conjunction with the Thermalright HR-05-IFX Chipset Cooler?

Picked up the combo down in Wilsonville, OR, so was able to skip the taxes too. Great deal, especially for those of us out of range of a Microcenter. Thanks OP!

WoW, you really don't get taxed there for this type of purchase?? You wouldn't happen to have good heat and willing to pickup extra's eh?? :D

Back