Lian Li PC-X1000 ... Stylish High End Air Cooling?

SylarPowers

[H]ard|Gawd
I have searched both on Hardforum and on the web extensively and I feel there is not enough accessible info/discussion/opinions on the Lian Li PC-X1000 chassis.

It seems to be a very nice stylish high end option for those not interested in water cooling, seems to have really nice air flow (great but not super crazy air flow - yet it also wins on the silence factor). I think this case warrants more discussion here on Hardforum.

I will post what links I found, discuss below. I would be very interested in what mods people would do, what exact aftermarket fans people would choose, etc.

Web Home Page:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=336&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61

Lian Li Product Intro Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttZJtzhcqQ&feature=related

3D Gameman Video Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqZM4kPnZPY

Bit-Tech Review:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2009/09/02/lian-li-tyr-pc-x1000-case-review/4

OCAHOLIC Review:

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=341&sel_lang=english

Good to see how big it is to the average person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fiqP97wkjI&feature=player_embedded

The Lian Li PC-X1000 is priced high at $400.00 US, yet I can't find anything better, which is designed to be as simplistically sleek, with the high end build quality and very decent air cooling to go with it. Sure there is the Corsiar 800D for watercooling and high end enthusiasts, however for air cooling I think the X1000 has it beat.

Pros for me (that I can think of right now):

no door design to access the disc drives

high end anodized all aluminum build

stylish, sleek, but not flashy

five 140mm fans total, 2 exhausts, 3 intakes which are positioned in closer to the PC guts

no windows or lights and comes in batman black

the top and front are one curved piece of aluminum

tool less parts are better than most out there

holds six 3.5" hard drives plus 2 solid state hard drives

room for big PSUs

fully air filtered

rubber measures taken to protect against fan, disc drive and hard drive vibrations

bottom mounted self cooling path for PSU

CPU HSF rear cutout on removable motherboard tray

3 heat chambers

plenty of GPU room, cooling, and 8 PCI slots

Cons for me (that I can think of right now):

may need some extension cables for your PSU to properly reach the upper drives

not as cool at hiding cables as the Corsair 800D

less room to grow for watercooling (only a con for watercooling fans)

the inside is not fully anodized black (but the back and bottom are)

the rubber grommets on the inter-chamber wire management paths tend to come off

stealth drive bays don't work perfectly or with every drive, but I assume you could just not use them or mod them away

Last edited:
I've had this case for just under a month now and have been slowly putting together my new build. In short, the case does indeed have excellent airflow, and that's the primary reason I got it, with the secondary reason being that I wanted something quiet. I liked the idea of not having any obstructions between the intake fans and the components in the main chamber. I would definitely not recommend this case if you tinker with your system a lot and have a desire to have neat cabling, as I actually find it to be somewhat confining (I swear the inside looks bigger in pictures) and it's not cable-friendly by a long shot.

My specific list of pros and cons, in no specific order:

PROS
- Lots of airflow. The box is currently sitting on my kitchen table and I can feel the air from the exhaust fans on high halfway across the room.
- All 5 case fans can be hooked up to the fan speed selection switch on the back.
- Very quiet, except for the movement of air. I do notice a *very* slight whine from the fans on high speed when I'm right up against the case, but it's definitely nothing major.
- Comes with extra long SATA cables for the top HDD cage.
- Tool-less expansion card screw-replacement mechanism actually works surprisingly well. Cards are locked in nice and tight.
- Very light, but that's to be expected from an all-aluminum case.
- Should be able to comfortably hold even the new, extra-long Radeon cards, although you'd be getting mighty close to the intake fans.

CONS
- Trying to neatly run cables is an exercise in frustration. You have maybe 1/4" of clearance between the back of the motherboard tray and the side panel and quite literally almost nowhere to tie/velcro wires to apart from the two holes in the tray, which are already half-covered by my motherboard (EVGA X58 Classified). I can't emphasize enough how much of pain in the neck this is. I have most of my cables wire-tied just to the right of the two holes in the tray, which means a whole lot of snipping of plastic if I ever want to pull the tray out.
- The holes at the bottom and top of the main chamber are really inconveniently placed, especially the one at the top. It's directly above my CPU heatsink. There's maybe 1/2" of clearance there. If you have a video card taking up both the 7th and 8th expansion slots, forget it, you're not running cables up through the bottom hole at all.
- The intake fans have filters but they have to be removed from the inside, which means removing the panels that the fans are mounted to just to get at them.
- Not as much room for longer PSUs as you might think. My Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050 only just fits. If it was even 1/3" longer, I'd be out of luck.
- The bottom HDD cage seems to transmit a lovely hum to the case when drives are in it, despite the rubber mounts, at least when it's sitting on my kitchen table. Might not be so noticeable if you have it on a carpeted floor. (I'm still trying to find a solution to this though, maybe by moving my two drives to different positions in the cage or something.)
- The vertical bar for supporting longer video cards is useless if you have shrouds that cover the entire PCB, or if you have power connectors on the sides of the cards instead of the ends. I took mine out entirely.
- The two SDD mounts are mutually exclusive with using the 8th expansion slot.
- The 5.25" drive mounting mechanism is a little loose, and occasionally rattles when the optical drive spins up. I'm probably going to take it off and just screw the drive in.
- The stealth drive doors work fine, but the button feels incredibly flimsy. Also, being stealthy, you don't get to see any activity lights from your optical drive, but you can remove the stealth doors and mount your optical drive so that its bezel is flush with the case's front bezel.
- In order to remove the top-most bezel, you have to take out the two below it as well.
- CPU cutout hole is not big enough; the back of my Classified socket is only half exposed.
- My left side panel currently sticks a bit when trying to put it back on.

I realize my cons outweigh my pros in number, but I actually do like the case overall. For me, airflow and silence are paramount, and I find that the case generally exceeds my expectations there, HDD vibration noise issue aside. I've been working with the side panels mostly off for the past couple weeks but I should have things buttoned up in a couple days and I'll have a better idea of the actual performance temperature-wise then.

Worth $400? Probably not. This is my first Lian Li case and was happy to spend the money after hearing for ages about their excellent build quality, but given all the cons I listed, "excellent" is not really the word that comes to mind. It certainly doesn't feel shabby or cheap by any means, but I think the design in terms of real-world usability could certainly use some refinement. I wonder if I would have been just as happy with the Cooler Master ATCS 840. But again, I haven't sent it back for a refund even at its high price point, so I suppose that says something.

This was just the response I was hoping for! Sadly, it also illustrated allot of reasons I might not like it after all.

The only other cases I was drooling over was the Silverstone Fortress 2 and the Corsair 800D. The Silverstone is not out or reviewed and the Corsair is low on fan intakes...

yet it also wins on the silence factor
Wrong, open front means for example noise of those lovely GPU leaf blowers escaping at full glory.

- The bottom HDD cage seems to transmit a lovely hum to the case when drives are in it, despite the rubber mounts, at least when it's sitting on my kitchen table. Might not be so noticeable if you have it on a carpeted floor. (I'm still trying to find a solution to this though, maybe by moving my two drives to different positions in the cage or something.)
Try putting bitumen mat to surfaces close to HDD cage.

but I think the design in terms of real-world usability could certainly use some refinement.
They forgot KISS-principle... ending to twice the price of their more spacious cases.

Wrong, open front means for example noise of those lovely GPU leaf blowers escaping at full glory.
Oh yeah. Two GTX 275s at 100% fan speed are quite noticeable, not surprisingly. I'd say my system is quiet, but definitely not silent. The box proclaims that it's the "Ultimate Gaming / HTPC Case" but I sure would not want it in my living room. To be fair though, the case fans by themselves aren't loud at all, but what's the point of having all this good airflow if you don't have a couple beefy-ish video cards to match? :)

Try putting bitumen mat to surfaces close to HDD cage.
Excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

33cm of space should be enough
Yep, and that's exactly what I measured this morning.

Yup, I was debating that case as well and ended up with a ATCS 840 (due to the cons listed above). With a little work and extra parts/fans it is almost completely silent (stupid 4870x2 gpu fan) with all fans at full speed. If interested I did a build log (still ongoing as I am trying to keep adding more parts) here.

I also recommend trying to get some noise dampening material around the HDD bay, worked wonders in my case.

Realizing this is a little off topic but the ATCS 840 is a lot cheaper and does also have a decent airflow as well. After replacing all the fans in the case and putting them on a fan controller I cant hear anything (besides the aforementioned 4870x2 fan). It is definately another alternative to that Lian-Li case, which I still think is a very good solution, just couldnt justify it at that cost, with that list of cons.

I will have to read up on the cooler master 840, looks nice, how does it compare in build quality to the silverstone TJ10?

yep, the tj10 is back on my short list again... I like the all 120mm design, which are perfectly placed, esp the mid case gpu cooling intake. Plus all the good afermarket fans seem to be 120mm anyway. No dust filters though... Could I buy some kind of 120mm fan filter adapter?

the 800D is off my short list, I just love the case, but the design just is not good for the kind of airflow I'm looking for. I wheely hope corsair makes another slightly smaller case with awesome airflow...

still thinking the lian li x1000 might be nice, even with the wiring nightmare, but the tj10 is only 289 usd on amazon with free shipping and no tax... Hard to justify the extra 100+ dollars for the lian li.

the silverstone fortress 2 is thinking ouside the box with super nice air flow, but it will be hard to upgrade those fans I think. 180mm is an odd size, I hope they are really nice fans! What does anyone think about the fortress 2 vs the tj10?

Last edited:
I will have to read up on the cooler master 840, looks nice, how does it compare in build quality to the silverstone TJ10?

yep, the tj10 is back on my short list again... I like the all 120mm design, which are perfectly placed, esp the mid case gpu cooling intake. Plus all the good afermarket fans seem to be 120mm anyway. No dust filters though... Could I buy some kind of 120mm fan filter adapter?

the 800D is off my short list, I just love the case, but the design just is not good for the kind of airflow I'm looking for. I wheely hope corsair makes another slightly smaller case with awesome airflow...

still thinking the lian li x1000 might be nice, even with the wiring nightmare, but the tj10 is only 289 usd on amazon with free shipping and no tax... Hard to justify the extra 100+ dollars for the lian li.

the silverstone fortress 2 is thinking ouside the box with super nice air flow, but it will be hard to upgrade those fans I think. 180mm is an odd size, I hope they are really nice fans! What does anyone think about the fortress 2 vs the tj10?

Most folks will tell you they think the side panels are not as strong, but beyond that I really like it. I kept all the 230mm fans that came with it (they can even be controlled by a fan controller :D, a huge plus), there are a couple of threads talking about peoples opinion on the case.

Here are a couple:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1371017&highlight=840

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1348637&highlight=840

Personally I love it.

was going to order th tj0, got cold feet again! I will read more on the fortress 2 and 840...

Last edited:
wow, watching videos right now of the cooler master 840... Not bad. Its big! But not bad.

wow, watching videos right now of the cooler master 840... Not bad. Its big! But not bad.

Yeah, it was easy as hell to work with. Something worth noting. I took the front of the top two fans and made it an intake rather than an exhaust. Doing so dropped my CPU temps 5 degrees as it basically created a straight downdraft right into the front CPU fan and then the hot air either goes out the back of the case or out the top with the other top mounted fan.

I would suggest against installing a fan on the bottom of the case near the PSU though as there probably wont be a need for it (in my case my GPU needs all the airflow it can get).

so I ordered my lian li pc-x1000 up on newegg! Sundialmicro was 50 dollars cheaper, but newegg has a better return policy - this is too expensive to fool around.

I like the all 140mm fan design... Big enough to be silent, not too big that its hard to find quality aftermarket fans - unlike the FT02s odder 180mm fan size. I like the design and looks. I like the gpu and case cooling with positive pressure - unlike the 840s negetive pressure default setup. The filters and other features are bangin... Just have to not care about water cooling - and I wheely don't after reading all the work and money involved. I think this case with 5 top quality 140mm aftermarket fans, a megahalems/mega shadow between two fans will be just awesome in the cooling dept - and I don't feel that way about the 800d. The TJ10 lacks air filters plus I don't care for front bay doors (the tj09 is not my style). My next choice would be the pc-p50... Not the cooling / hd holdin monster this case is. So I feel the x1000 is worth the cost, even if its a hundred too much... I can't wait til it comes!!!

and I'm not too worried about wiring... I can attach ziptie mounts and get extension cords for wires, I don't really change out all that often with the mobo and psu.

Last edited:
I noted that the lian li pc-b70 is not half bad as well, less cooling and less curvy tho.

I was looking over my future case and I really like how much of it is anodised black - not 100%, but close as all the outside pannels are black on both sides. And I bet those fans are not half bad quality wise too, decent speed and fan blade design plus ball bearings. I bet this is where some of the money is going, plus the high end (for a change) tooless everything and the almost unibody curve to the top and front... Hell the pc-p80 is up there with price due to a such complexity and is not toolless. We have seen all these elements before in a lian li, just not all at once. That said, it should be 300 not 390 dollars.

While this case is not about bling, I do like some tasteful bling. Alot of what is left silver aluminum is already easy to remove by design - like the motherboard tray, fan brackets, vented pci slots, psu bracket, pci card holder, hd cages and ssd racks... I'm thinking I want to send them out for red anodising when I get the free money... This would leave very little silver color, and I would not touch a single rivot... As I don't want to take anything apart. I wonder how much that would be. If I got red led fans and a custom made super strong window pannel (I hate flimsy ones, but if lian li makes a nice one I might bite), it would make for a nice ATI theme with my new XFX 5850 ( I plan on crossfiring later on with another XFX 5850). Red vinyle dye for the cables, add a mega shadow cpu cooler (I have a matx board in the rampage ii gene, so it should leave more room for cables and that nice red mobo board to shine red - wish my mobo was red and black like the evga's now) Awesomeness in my head. But for now I have to upgrade some speakers/kb/ mouse/mousepad/ram... Hey red dominator ram anyone?

I hope that you do like the case. :) I've finally gotten mine moved into my office, and I can report that the system is almost completely silent with the fans on medium, at least at idle... but there are three other systems powered on in the room, so I've no doubt they're drowning out any noise that it's making. Still, I have to put my ear right next to it to even notice that it's on.

Also, I'm quite happy to say that the resonance from the hard drives seems to be gone, or again, at least not even perceptible with the other boxes on. Overall, I'm happy with its acoustic footprint.

On a related note Sylar, I wound up having almost all black and red components completely by accident, and I can imagine if the inside were anodized red or back it would indeed look pretty nice! Just remember there's no window to show off your hard work though...:D

lian li does in fact produce a window side pannel just for this case. Found it on their website. They also now make a red hd cage with a red led fan designed for the pc-p50 type cases... Nice. Doubles the intakes on that case.

My new XFX 5850 just came in and has a very sexy cherry red top... I am so making a red in black color scheme in my Lian Li PC-X1000! Have the tracking number... should be here in 3 days from CA.

It's hard to even see my Asus Rampage II Gene Mobo's blue color accents by the time I have a Mega Shadow and 5850 on it. The 5850 is the exact length of the board itself, like it's cutting it in half, all you notice is the black main board color which matches the board color of the 5850. Nice.

Oh now I'm a "Limp Gawd" on the forums here. hahaha!

Need help finding the best aftermarket fans for my new case. Here are my needs:

1. I'll be buying the Lian Li PC-X1000 case which has five 140mm case fans, so I want the best fans in those positions.

2. I'll also be buying the Mega Shadow CPU Cooler, which needs two 120mm x 25mm fans, ones that work well with cooling heatsinks (which I think means I need ones with high static pressure, but I dunno). They also sell optional 120mm x 38mm fan clips for cheap if I need it. Would the 120mm x 38mm fans even fit on the mobo with RAM slots full (Asus Rampage II Gene)?

3. Performance first, but if I had my cake and could eat it too, I would buy a cool looking fan, possibly with Red LEDs as I am doing a black/red theme with my PC build. However I will take a significatly better performer over looks anyday. So I want the performance king, but if it's a reletive ballpark tie in performance, I will go with the better looking one.

4. I dig silence, but I also dig better temps. So I am willing to put up with a certain amount of fan noise if they are that much better at cooling, but I do not want to forgo quieter fans altogether.

5. I'm willing to wait a few months if there is that much of a better product being released in the near future.

6. If anyone knows just how good those stock Lian Li 140mm case fans are compaired to the market leaders, I would love to know.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
2. I'll also be buying the Mega Shadow CPU Cooler, which needs two 120mm x 25mm fans, ones that work well with cooling heatsinks (which I think means I need ones with high static pressure, but I dunno).

I've got an Enermax Magma 120mm x 25mm fan (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214001) attached to my TRUE -- it pushes 69 CFM @ 18 dBA, plus it's black and red to boot. Makes no noise at all, and keeps my i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz at around 40 C idle and 70 C under load.

My case fans are stock and I'm happy with them, but I'm also curious as to any recommended alternatives.

Just for reference, the part number on the stock case fans is LI121425BL-4-A. Google's not turning up a whole lot on it...

I called up frozencpu and they recommended noiseblockers. a little reseach told me the best noiseblocker for 120mm is this one:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...1000-2000_RPM_-_12-29_dBA.html?tl=g36c365s936

this fan has a cool semi clear black look, is well liked in reviews. While more research is needed, I would feel safe buying them now if I was not such a research whore. The reviews I read were glowing, but compaired to what? They have a rubber corner removable part where the screws go in, which doubles for vibration protection as well.

have to look up those enermax red fans soon. The mega shadow is out of stock for now anyway @ frozencpu.

Personally I recommend Noctua and Sycthe S-Flex fans. They are incredible silent and good at moving air. I have 5 of them in my ATCS and they are in audible when connected to my fan controller. They also cost less than those Noiseblockers.

I ruled out the Noiseblockers for now, at least as CPU Cooler fans. They just won't mount right to my anticipated Mega Shadow Purchase. Should get my Lian Li on Monday! Changed my mouse order to the G500 Logitech. Got the Megasoma Mousepad coming. Already have my XFX5850 running. Things are looking up. Might keep my Noctua Cooler and Lian Li stock fans for a bit, let the wallet recover, as I am also eyeing up some Razer Makos for sound. Need a good Headset for gaming and night use too.

Here is that link for the Lian Li PC-X1000 Window Side Pannel...

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...x=370&cl_index=2&sc_index=29&ss_index=111&g=f

And here is a Red version of a part I think is in my case, the tool less PCI thing...

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...x=374&cl_index=2&sc_index=10&ss_index=108&g=f

On a side note, I think my Asus Rampage II Gene will be just fine, I read the cooling on the North and South Bridges need some extra airflow to remain cool, but this case will provide that and more. No need to upgrade or add heatsinks like I thought, from reading how the temps settle down with a bit of air flow. When Sandy Bridge comes, then I will upgrade anyway.

With my planned Mega Shadow with two fans plus the XFX 5850, you will hardly see the colored bits on the Asus Rampage II Gene at all. Just a bit of black board color here and there, its just swallowed by the GPU and CPU Cooler. Just need to get that Red Dominator RAM, the Mega Shadow, two nice 120mm fans for that (black or red), red zip ties, red vinyle dye for the other wires or some kind of red wiring covering, possibly upgrade the 140mm fans, get that Lian Li window pannel (possibly upgrade that to a nicer clear material), throw some red lighting, and I think I am good. Acutally, what little silver there is would just reflect the red lighting better if polished up, so I guess there is no need to make them red aftermarket at high cost. And red lighting might be stronger than red LED fans anyway.

With all this cooling I will finally be able to overclock that i7 920 CPU I have, tho I have a C0 one. I want to see what it can do before I try to swap it for a D0 one, if that is even worth the trouble.

Last edited:
So I got the case, and the short story is it's going back to Newegg.

The side pannels are nice and thick, which is a big plus. If all side pannels where this thick, no one would ever complain about thin side pannels. My dealbreaker was the case depends too much on these side pannels for rigitiy. It's like an aluminum egg that needs all it's sides to feel solid at all, I open my doors too much for that. And it does not seem worth the money for me upon inspection. It's not horrible, just a Ferrari price for a Lexus product. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Finaly, I'm not digging the tall design in person as I thought I did in pictures and concept. The thing does look hard to wire as mentioned. So it will go back. Only took me an hour to figure this out.

This is the second aluminum case I got in to try recently, the other was the Silverstone TJ10. They where both lacking in the rigitiy dept to me. Then I realised I was comparing them to my steel case, my Thermaltake Xaser IV. I think I will stick to steel pc chassis from now on. I reliase now I want strength and better bang for the dollar, along with great cooling, features and quality build. Even the most expensive aluminum case can't match this IMHO. Aluminum looks better and is light, but that's it.

So I learned something today. Cue the rainbow-star animation above my head and the "now you know" logo.

I think I will stick to steel pc chassis from now on. I reliase now I want strength and better bang for the dollar, along with great cooling, features and quality build. Even the most expensive aluminum case can't match this IMHO. Aluminum looks better and is light, but that's it.

I am sorry for bringing this up, but I want to add that aluminum's better malleability makes it possible for us to build unibody cases such as our TJ07, FT01 and the upcoming FT02.

If you can, take a look at the TJ07, this all aluminum case is more rigid than many of the steel cases on the market.

Oh hey Toni! Didn't mean to bash your product, let me explain better.

To be fair I did like the Silverstone Nvidia Edition TJ10, it feels way better than the Lian Li PC-X1000 for like a hundred less. It was just those side doors on the TJ10, that feeling of flex. Not a deal breaker for me and most people would think they are fine - but that did bother me. I only sent it back due to my dislike of the front bay door (a subjective personal thing - its fine if you like that design), the Nvidia art design and window. Didn't like those aspects upon inspection. I had planned to get a replacement TJ10 in plan black sans window, but I got lost in the Corsiar 800D/ Silverstone FT02/ Lian Li PC-X1000 trio of cases, tried the Lian Li and did not like it. So I am back to the FT02, which is a steel case with an aluminum wrapper. Not a bad idea. Gives it strength no? The looks of Aluminum for the front, the best of both worlds. Kind of like what the 800D from Corsair did (but more unibody on the FT02). Sadly I can't buy the Corsair due to poor air flow compared to say the Silverstone FT02 and TJ10, which have great airflow.

So now that I have your attention, can I get the MM measurement on the aluminum unibody on that FT02? Feels as solid as the TJ07? I don't want my new case to flex in any way if I place some pressure on it with my hand. The Lian Li failed the hand pressure shake flex test. I have high hopes for the FT02 now. Not getting the TJ07. I looked at it, Your TJ10 and FT02 are better air cooling builds, don't you agree?

Last edited:
The FT02 is indeed more solid than the RV02, but I would say the TJ07 is still stronger due to its thicker aluminum unibody.

FT02 = 4.8mm aluminum
TJ07 = 4mm ~ 8mm aluminum

The TJ07's air cooling ability can be improved (as with any cases) with very simple add-ons such as our CFP51 5.25" bay device, which adds an additional 120mm fan for intake:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=cfp51&area=usa

In retrospect I was a bit hasty sending back the Lian Li PC-X1000. My desires were beyond realistic and the cost was a non issue really. It's still a bit tall and hard to wire but I can live with those issues. With the doors on it was ok strength wise, not worth giving up the PC-x1000's 5x140mm fan design to get a stronger unibody Silverstone. Was going to order the Silverstone FT02 when it came out, yet I think I will just reorder up the PC-X1000 instead. The FT02 has an industry odd 180mm fan size/flat fan orientation which is not ideal for the avid PC case fan aftermarket upgrader.

140mm is the PC case fan size I want to invest in - high end aftermarket fans are moving to this size right now. Noctua just came out with a 140mm fan for example. The Noctua NF-14P is an exciting 140mm fan and I want to build a case loaded with them. The Lian Li PC-X1000 is still the best case for that kind of build IMHO. Going to double check other 140mm options, but I think Lian Li has the high end 140mm PC case market locked down at the moment. Might wait to see what comes out of CES in Jan, though I doubt I will wait that long.

On a related note, just ordered in my Noctua NH-D14 Dual Fan CPU Cooler which uses that new 140mm Noctua fan. It's shipping to me as I type this! Excited to see this product on my PC as it beats out the Megahalems in a few reviews. Better than my current NH-U12P SE1366 Dual Fan CPU Cooler in any event. Here are some links...

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=34&lng=en

Noctua NF-14P Case Fan

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=33&lng=en

I really like the SSO Bearing technology and the long life of these fans. 6-year warrenty, has magnets to stabilize the fans in any orientation, etc, lots of high end features detailed on Noctua's website.

Last edited:
Firmly decided to go with the PC-X1000 again. The only thing that could change my mind is perhaps one of Lian Li's other 140mm case designs. Beyond that there is new stuff from CES in JAN, where I would love to hear about a Silverstone TJ11.

Last edited:
Damit! The Silverstone FT02 decked out with all 140mm Noctua's is still tempting me! I'm starting to hate this process I put myself threw
You're jumping between so different design cases that what are the features/things you need/want, what's their order of importance and how much stuff you need/want it to be able to fit?
After that start listing candidates and combing net for their reviews with good pictures (text is often useless) and add their actual features to list dropping away PR BS gimmicks. Also think can deficiency be corrected or are design's faults terminal.
After you've been doing that for quarter year there should be case or two above the rest.
(that's how I did it)

You're jumping between so different design cases that what are the features/things you need/want, what's their order of importance and how much stuff you need/want it to be able to fit?
After that start listing candidates and combing net for their reviews with good pictures (text is often useless) and add their actual features to list dropping away PR BS gimmicks. Also think can deficiency be corrected or are design's faults terminal.
After you've been doing that for quarter year there should be case or two above the rest.
(that's how I did it)

I have been having trouble making up my mind lately. However this is behind me now. Moving forward with the plan to rebuy a Lian Li PC-X1000.

Last edited:
Would you show some pic of your build, please? I'm considering this case with the window side panel (got to show off my ssds, lol). But I couldn't find the side panel for sell anywhere. I'm using the Lian Li pc-a16 right now. Thanks

you might try frozencpu, performacepcs and sundialmicro for side panels. I decided to get me a sniper black edition while waiting for a tj11 instead of buying the X1000.

Back