No speaker cable for front panel on Antec P183?

jhodach

Limp Gawd
I was just installing my case front panel cords to the motherboard and noticed I did not have a wire for the "speaker" of the PC (the one for BIOS beeps and such) Was wondering if that was normal for the Antec P183 case? I have the power led, power switch, HD led, and reset switch. Extra connections included were the front USB, Sata, and HD audio/AC 97 cables. But I have no wires for speaker, or the message/sleep connection. I'm not concerned with the message/sleep connection but the speaker one I am. How will I know what errors (if any) I have with my computer without that connection and why doesn't this case come with that particular connection? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think cases include the speaker anymore as most motherboards have one built in. i know at least the last 3 cases I have had didn't include a speaker.

If yours does not have a built in speaker you can order small ones that plug into the MB http://www.pcpartscollection.com/mosp.html

Last edited:
I took the one that was in my old Sonanta II and wired it into my P183, since my mobo doesn't beep....

Back