Need the best 775 socket board

Boostage

Limp Gawd
right now my overclocks are being held back by the board in my sig. I need a board that can support close to 600FSB. I heard gigabyte makes better oc'ing boards than Asus. what should I upgrade to?

DFI UT P45 in DDR2 or DDR3 flavors.
DFI UT X48 in DDR2 or DDR3 flavors.

Both excellent mother boards.

will this be a short session benching board or a 24/7 board? if it's for 24/7 overclocks, you're not going to be able to run it at 600fsb no matter which board you choose. well... at least not at healthy voltages and if you want the mobo to last more than a few months. and if it's to clock that q9550 in your sig to 600fsb, then i'm 99% sure you're not going to hit 600fsb no matter what. you'll be struggling just to get it stable over 450fsb. dual cores should be no problem though

you'll be struggling just to get it stable over 450fsb. dual cores should be no problem though

P45 chip set is known to do 500mhz+ on the FSB on a decent MB. DFI UT p45 with DDR2 is a good MB to do this with a Q9550 E0.

yes, p45 is the best chipset to clock quads generally speaking, but not everyone that has a p45 mobo will know how to clock it this high. there's a lot more to it than just raising the fsb for quads. and to get to the more extreme side of 600fsb that op was asking, i'll challenge anyone to find a screenshot of 600fsb on a quad.

yes, p45 is the best chipset to clock quads generally speaking, but not everyone that has a p45 mobo will know how to clock it this high. there's a lot more to it than just raising the fsb for quads. and to get to the more extreme side of 600fsb that op was asking, i'll challenge anyone to find a screenshot of 600fsb on a quad.

It's going to take work to figure out any bios but the end result is worth it.

will this be a short session benching board or a 24/7 board? if it's for 24/7 overclocks, you're not going to be able to run it at 600fsb no matter which board you choose. well... at least not at healthy voltages and if you want the mobo to last more than a few months. and if it's to clock that q9550 in your sig to 600fsb, then i'm 99% sure you're not going to hit 600fsb no matter what. you'll be struggling just to get it stable over 450fsb. dual cores should be no problem though

I run 470fsb 24/7 now to get 4ghz. I want to run 529fsb 24/7 to get 4.5ghz

i R teh noob to [H]ardness..... so no F1@M1NG me! :D

to get something around 600 for FSB.. the best shot is a P45 board.... i wish you luck... generally any of them can get around 450-500mhz but to do what YOU want... you're going to need a board with better cooling on the NB and a good BIOS....

like the Asus Maximus II, Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 and P5Q Deluxe for the lower end...

i recommend getting a NB waterblock and probably some better MOSFET heatsinks for whichever board you choose to maximize the lifespan of the board at those levels.... since you have watercooling already

id look at reviews for max FSB as there are plenty of boards that may surprise you....

good luck man!

i R teh noob to [H]ardness..... so no F1@M1NG me! :D

to get something around 600 for FSB.. the best shot is a P45 board.... i wish you luck... generally any of them can get around 450-500mhz but to do what YOU want... you're going to need a board with better cooling on the NB and a good BIOS....

like the Asus Maximus II, Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 and P5Q Deluxe for the lower end...

i recommend getting a NB waterblock and probably some better MOSFET heatsinks for whichever board you choose to maximize the lifespan of the board at those levels.... since you have watercooling already

id look at reviews for max FSB as there are plenty of boards that may surprise you....

good luck man!

Read my post above yours lol

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P is an awesome board. There is a 600 page in a forum ( I forget which one ) with a ton of ppl getting great overclocks with this board.

Back