SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Sound glitches?

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
I can crank my music to full volume with media player and get absolutely no distortion.

However when I play Aion, I get slightly annoying crackling noise in the background.

Is this a problem with the sound card or drivers or settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't have any sound crackling with Aion before using a PCI based X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card.

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10933

Above is a link for the newest Creative drivers for Windows Vista and Windows 7. They have a workaround for NVIDIA motheboard chipsets and/or Nvidia graphics cards that can prevent crackling. The audio stack of Windows Vista and Windows 7 are totally different from that in Windows XP. Creative had a lot of problems with the drivers after XP, but these I link to work really well for me.

Yup, been there, going through that..

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1465356

don't think it the drivers, nor the OS, nor the type of soundcard, I suspecting other hardware.. have a read and let me know, sounds like the same issue...

Although I realise I could be wrong, we using different cards and you seem to be getting the issue only when gaming online..

What card you using before?..

:Luca

I'm wondering how this card does in windows 7 64 bit. As now most onboard sound is getting pretty good. What are the best choices in this area for a pci-express card?

I'm wondering how this card does in windows 7 64 bit. As now most onboard sound is getting pretty good. What are the best choices in this area for a pci-express card?

I have no problems with my X-Fi under Win 7 x64

I got a good deal on one just wondering if i should bite. But i can get the asus xonar dx2 pci-express for 30 more bucks. But the extra power plug and lack of front audio in hurts it though.

I usually have no issues under Windows 7 Pro x64, using a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Series (PCI).

Last night after reading this thread I would play around with that DPC Latency tester and with no load but using winamp playing music I was getting around 120us (highest) which is really good. Out of curiosity I fired up Prime 95 and ran the blended test, I noticed after around 15 minutes that winamp music was getting distortion and noticed winamp flickering on the GUI while DPC latency showed some increased latency going on around 1180us. The system was still running fine so I shut it off restarted and bumped my CPU voltage from 1.415v to 1.425v and ran again, it was stable fine for over 20minutes of testing then let it go.

So for me I found my Overclocked 940BE @ 3.4ghz just didn't have enough voltage to be 100% stable (yet prime 95 by istelf never showed a problem with overnight testing). Maybe this is worth a try for you as well.

I usually have no issues under Windows 7 Pro x64, using a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Series (PCI).

Last night after reading this thread I would play around with that DPC Latency tester and with no load but using winamp playing music I was getting around 120us (highest) which is really good. Out of curiosity I fired up Prime 95 and ran the blended test, I noticed after around 15 minutes that winamp music was getting distortion and noticed winamp flickering on the GUI while DPC latency showed some increased latency going on around 1180us. The system was still running fine so I shut it off restarted and bumped my CPU voltage from 1.415v to 1.425v and ran again, it was stable fine for over 20minutes of testing then let it go.

So for me I found my Overclocked 940BE @ 3.4ghz just didn't have enough voltage to be 100% stable (yet prime 95 by istelf never showed a problem with overnight testing). Maybe this is worth a try for you as well.

Thanks for sharing, this is new to me, thumbs up! :)

So pass or buy for the titanium card? Would i be impressed over this fake supreme fx -x-fi asus software card?

So pass or buy for the titanium card? Would i be impressed over this fake supreme fx -x-fi asus software card?

That is up to you and your uses...I wouldn't as the Asus card has issueses with it's EAX emulation.

Back