Screens when locked
sidebyside4.jpg

sidebyside5.jpg

sidebyside6.jpg

side view

sidebyside8.jpg

Different form factor

Youtubeone.jpg

You tube, The Imagio has an edge with a larger Youtube video feeds for reasons I do not understand. Windows optimizations?

youtubetwo.jpg

Youtube3.jpg

imagiohomescreen.jpg

Adroidhardforum1.jpg

androidhardforum2.jpg

imagiohardforum1.jpg

For youtube, have you tried hitting the menu key | more | watch in high quality on the Droid? Not exactly intuitive I know. Wouldn't have ever figured it out if I didn't flip through the quickstart guide. I've watched a couple of vids just to test out the quality on my Droid so far in HQ, it fills the whole screen unlike your shot there and it looks amazing.

For youtube, have you tried hitting the menu key | more | watch in high quality on the Droid? Not exactly intuitive I know. Wouldn't have ever figured it out if I didn't flip through the quickstart guide. I've watched a couple of vids just to test out the quality on my Droid so far in HQ, it fills the whole screen unlike your shot there and it looks amazing.
LOL, Thanks

I have sold so many so fast , I have not had much time with the device. The frigin battery is dead now but I will take your word for it

Ok I just took it off the charger and did what you said. Your correct but it depends on the video, all are improved but not all fill the entire screen. It would seem that the Imagio scales to fit the screen no matter what. Both look fantastic once you set the droid for HQ. Thanks.

The unit sells all by itself, but I look forward to the 2 hours of intense product training on Nov10th. Before you ask, I missed the launch trainning. My kid was very very ill

Last edited:
Both nice phones.

Yes , they both are. Maybe it is because I own the Imagio and have spent more time with it but I still like it a little better. Its is just more sexy lol .

The Droid is very impressive. It is faster , all be it by not very much , than my Imagio. I must say that I prefer the Droid in two areas. The first is web browsing.

The browsing is more traditional. I can find my book marks in an instant. Now take this with a grain of salt. I was in a serious accident and perhaps my head injuries have dulled me a bit, but after a week with my Imagio, i am still trying to find bookmarks. ( I use history at the moment) My challenge has been with both the Opera browser and IE . It took me only 10 seconds to find it with the Droid.

The other thing I really like about the Droid is Google Maps, Nav and walking directions , along wth the street view a la google earth.

All you have to do is zoom to street level and your there.

The Imagio feels more elegant and little smoother but not by much but the Droid seems more efficient and more useful.

I am honestly torn. I am glad I can enjoy both.

Did you buy the droid in full?

Thanks

The Imagio is mine that I use with a Verizon demo line. Since I use a demo line , I paid full price for the Imagio (580.00) The good news is that I won not one but two Ozone phones and sold them to pay for it. I also have a Gleam for my personal use and the Droid is our store Demo that I use to let people play with.

PS, the Droid has a cheap universal screen protector on it that I cut to size in a hurry given the line outside my door this morning and my phone has none since I use the Felt lined ENVTCAS .

Last edited:
Yes , they both are. Maybe it is because I own the Imagio and have spent more time with it but I still like it a little better. Its is just more sexy lol .

The Droid is very impressive. It is faster , all be it by not very much , than my Imagio. I must say that I prefer the Droid in two areas. The first is web browsing.

The browsing is more traditional. I can find my book marks in an instant. Now take this with a grain of salt. I was in a serious accident and perhaps my head injuries have dulled me a bit, but after a week with my Imagio, i am still trying to find bookmarks. ( I use history at the moment) My challenge has been with both the Opera browser and IE . It took me only 10 seconds to find it with the Droid.

The other thing I really like about the Droid is Google Maps, Nav and walking directions , along wth the street view a la google earth.

All you have to do is zoom to street level and your there.

The Imagio feels more elegant and little smoother but not by much but the Droid seems more efficient and more useful.

I am honestly torn. I am glad I can enjoy both.

Isn't the Opera bookmarks button right there on the opera tab in TouchFlo? And then when it's open, it's the star icon at the bottom. And I'd not use IE unless there's a website that only works with it (like logmein.com).

Yeah, the Droid sales guy actually knew that one and i compared it to the TP2. Both look about the same and incredible. The Driod as a bitter better resolution at 854x480 vs 800x480 but the TP2 screen does look a little crisper and not as washed out by default.

Yes,like I said,I missed the training but it is fun learning along side my customers. The phone sells itself for the most part and most of my buyers have been existing customers that I have known for manyb years.

Yes,like I said,I missed the training but it is fun learning along side my customers. The phone sells itself for the most part and most of my buyers have been existing customers that I have known for many years.

Your right,thanks. I guess using Opera is so easy it was hard for me

I have spent a little m/ore time with her this morning. This thing is amazing. The navigation is a blast to use when combined with street view.

I replaced my ancient razer type phone with the Droid. Purposely waiting well beyond my contract for something I was interested in. So i don't really have anything to compare it to(beyond my Curve work phone).

But everything is just so seamless. Even some of the knocks against it that I read I didn't feel were really that bad at all. The keyboard for instance, it has plenty of feedback, which I wasn't expecting. It's very quick and feels like one large app, rather than a series of hobbled together ones. Even the touch keyboard I found to be easy to type on, something I was extremely prejudiced against. And I only expect it to get better, that expectation is why I've been following Android since it's announcement.

Really only have two very minor complaints so far. When you slide the keyboard out the screen is very close to the top row of keys and gets in the way a bit when I'm typing on that row. I also seem to hit the back touch button accidentally when I am in landscape mode, which can cause irritation when I'm kicked out of whatever task I'm using.

Then there's the price, rebate aside, with the hardware in this thing I was prepared to pay far more than $199. Moto/Verizon aren't fucking around. Google's in a win/win scenario.

I replaced my ancient razer type phone with the Droid. Purposely waiting well beyond my contract for something I was interested in. So i don't really have anything to compare it to(beyond my Curve work phone).

But everything is just so seamless. Even some of the knocks against it that I read I didn't feel were really that bad at all. The keyboard for instance, it has plenty of feedback, which I wasn't expecting. It's very quick and feels like one large app, rather than a series of hobbled together ones. Even the touch keyboard I found to be easy to type on, something I was extremely prejudiced against. And I only expect it to get better, that expectation is why I've been following Android since it's announcement.

Really only have two very minor complaints so far. When you slide the keyboard out the screen is very close to the top row of keys and gets in the way a bit when I'm typing on that row. I also seem to hit the back touch button accidentally when I am in landscape mode, which can cause irritation when I'm kicked out of whatever task I'm using.

Then there's the price, rebate aside, with the hardware in this thing I was prepared to pay far more than $199. Moto/Verizon aren't fucking around. Google's in a win/win scenario.

Make sure you insure it. The Droid will set you back more than triple your after rebate price to replace it

Heh. Ill risk it and pay the 299 if i need to. I am not giving almost 10 a month.

Heh. Ill risk it and pay the 299 if i need to. I am not giving almost 10 a month.

No, you don't understand. Full retail on the Droid is $569, if you don't insure it and you break it; that's what you will have to pay. NOT $299.

And I believe it's $7 or $8 a month, not "almost $10"

If you have any other type of insurance, just ask your agent for a quote. I don't know why AT&T actually encourages people to look in to this with iphones. We're only paying like $60/year to insure two 3GS's on our home owners policy.

But everything is just so seamless. Even some of the knocks against it that I read I didn't feel were really that bad at all. The keyboard for instance, it has plenty of feedback, which I wasn't expecting. It's very quick and feels like one large app, rather than a series of hobbled together ones.

Great phone no doubt. The Google Maps and Navigation is very cool but that's a little artificial as Google Maps on WinMo has been great for some time and they could have easily put this on other devices but of course their software, their phone.

The keyboard ain't bad, but its SO much more cramped than the TP2 but the TP2 might be the best hard keyboard around so not really knocking it.

This is a great phone, but I don't don't see anything that I don't already have and I that's kind of my point about smart phones now. The good ones truly are awesome in their on way and you have to really look for specific FEATURES. Take the iPhone, the Droid, and the TP2. The iPhone is the app leader. The Droid has an awesome interface and great navigation system. The TP2 is really a business phone and has great phone features.

No, you don't understand. Full retail on the Droid is $569, if you don't insure it and you break it; that's what you will have to pay. NOT $299.

7 or 8 isn't almost 10? I'm still not paying on sheer principle. I'm lucky enough where 600 is not that big a deal to me. I have dumped enough money into insurance in the past. Besides isn't there still a $50 cost in addition to the monthly if you need a replacement? I know there was when I had cingular.

$7.99 a month and $89 deductible. $4.99 a month $50 deductible if your grandfathered

I would sell it for no less than $699 ince it cost me $537 and I have to make a profit. The only exception would be to an existing customer that purchased the phone from me and they would only pay a 10% markup to cover overhead

7 or 8 isn't almost 10? I'm still not paying on sheer principle. I'm lucky enough where 600 is not that big a deal to me. I have dumped enough money into insurance in the past. Besides isn't there still a $50 cost in addition to the monthly if you need a replacement? I know there was when I had cingular.

People have dropped and broken their expensive smartphones a week after getting them. It's your money I guess.

I just opted for the $1.99 a month for extended warrenty. Had too many friends, read too many stories about people who did pay up the ass for a supposedly whateverthefrack happens deal, you're covered, but when it came time to collect, they were left holding the bag. Got sent this third party protection deal from newegg

1 out of every 5 wireless devices in the US may be stolen or accidentally damaged this year.
Device Protection Service gives you hassle-free repair or replacement of your wireless device in case of damage or theft through the National Cellular Owners Association for only $49.99 per device for one year with NO deductible. Need more information? Check out our Device Protection Service Frequently Asked Questions below.
Is Device Protection Service available in ALL states?
The Device Protection Service is offered in ALL states with the exception of the state of Washington. If a customer that resides in the state of Washington accidentally purchases Device Protection, NCOA will contact them directly and issue a full refund.
Who is providing the Device Protection Service?
The Device Protection Service is provided by the National Cellular Owners Association, LLC (NCOA), PO Box 273566, Boca Raton, FL 33427 (800-654-5590). The NCOA has more than 23 years experience as a leader of wireless device protection services.
How long is my device covered by my Device Protection Service?
The Device Protection Service will cover the protected device for 12 months from the date of activation. You have the option of extending your membership directly with NCOA for protection after the first year.
What is covered by Device Protection Service?
The entire covered device, original electronic accessories and batteries provided within the manufacturer's box are covered for repair or replacement with no deductable. Each protected device is covered up to the replacement value or the limit of liability for accidental damage, theft, or malfunction. If a covered item is not available for replacement, you will be offered a model of similar value.
What is the replacement value of a device with Device Protection Service?
Your replacement wireless device will be based on the replacement ("retail") value of the covered device without a new line of service activation. If the protected wireless device that you originally purchased is not available, you will be offered a device of similar value. Eligible devices are covered up to the limit of liability (retail price of the device without a service activation).
What is not covered by Device Protection Service?
The following are not covered by Device Protection Service: Negligent or unsecured loss or unexplained disappearance such as leaving your phone unattended or unsecured.
Your SIM card and any additional optional accessories that you buy.
The loss, real or perceived of data, time, financial opportunity, or any other consequence arising from the loss of the use of the wireless device.
Normal wear and tear of the device.
Dishonest or malicious acts by member.
Cosmetic or non-functional damage such as marring, scratching, chipping.
Liquid damage or loss in a body of water.
Pervasive corrosion.
Theft from any premises or vehicle when not reasonably secured (ex vehicle windows and doors must be closed and locked).

Are there exceptional cases for which phones and accessories are not covered?
Device Protection Service does not cover your wireless device when it is in transit either through postal or courier services. We suggest that you get insurance for your shipping package, in case you are transporting the phone through mail or courier service. Additionally, equipment is not covered for incidents occurring outside the United States and Canada.
How do I File a Request for Service (RFS)?
NCOA has streamlined this process so that, in most cases, an RFS can be made entirely online through their website (www.joinncoa.net). Log in using your member number and cell phone number (provided to you in your phone shipment). You will be guided through the simple process to arrange for repair or replacement of your device. All claims must include a reasonable incident explanation. In the event of a stolen device, a copy of your police report should be submitted with your RFS to avoid delay.
How long does it take to process a filed Request for Service (RFS)?
All RFS' are processed within 24 hours of receipt (during regular business hours). Replacements are usually completed within 2-3 business days with repairs slightly longer. No loaner or replacement equipment is provided during this period.
When can my Request for Service (RFS) be rejected?
If NCOA deems that the RFS is fraudulent or that requests are not filed with sufficient documentation or any of the coverage exclusions listed in these FAQs apply, NCOA may reject the request or request additional documentation. All RFS' must be filed within 30 days of incident. The online website of NCOA, www.joinncoa.net will help to further explain the process and the Association.
What if I change my phone during my coverage period?
If you do change your covered device to a different device during the 12 month membership period, you must contact NCOA directly to update your records with your new device's IMEI or ESN (unique serial number of each phone) in order to retain your Device Protection Service benefits.
Can I cancel my Wireless Device Protection Service membership, and can I get my money back?
You may cancel your Wireless Device Protection Service at any time as long as you have not placed a Request for Service (RFS). To do so, you must request the cancellation in writing to National Cellular Owners Association, LLC, PO Box 273566, Boca Raton, FL 33427, Attn: Membership Processing, or email the request to [email protected]. NCOA will refund a pro-rata amount of your unused coverage period.
What if the service carrier does not approve me for wireless service or I cancel my order before my device ships?
Your Device Protection Service starts when your wireless device is activated. Therefore, if you order is cancelled before your device is activated your membership will not begin and you will not be billed.

One time charge of $50 for 1 year. Somehow I think if I ever actually need their services, they will put more effort into proving the damage is not covered and I am SoL, but who knows?? And $50 isn't too bad. On the other hand, I am fairly careful with my small electronic devices and have a pretty good track record of not breaking them because of stupid shit and if I do by some chance, I'd probably look at it as a chance to upgrade to a newer phone earlier then expected.

Warranty is for defects. Insurance is for destruction so make sureb you read the fine print

I have the 7-8 dollar deal on two different devices and having used it once per device over the years it's been worth it. For one I paid $50 deductible but I essentially got a new one (they still cost several hundred) and it was years old, so I consider that a great deal. For the other it was still under warranty and it ended up being the battery was bad so they offered me a better device since they no longer had that battery in stock.

I ALWAYS get warranty on my smartphone. Because you'll never know what happens. I had some girl spill ranch sauce on my storm and then she just walked away. Instead of paying 500 for a new Storm, I just paid a 50 deduct and got a brand new one.

One thing to consider when comparing these phones - the Imagio has full exchange support, while the Droid currently cannot sync with a server that is using PIN/remote wipe protection. Many IT departments will reject it for that reason. It also won't do tasks and notes without a third party app.

I went with the Droid anyway..

One thing to consider when comparing these phones - the Imagio has full exchange support, while the Droid currently cannot sync with a server that is using PIN/remote wipe protection. Many IT departments will reject it for that reason. It also won't do tasks and notes without a third party app.

I went with the Droid anyway..
While at a glance it looks like you can't do tasks and notes you can certainly sync up with Exchange. I have it working with Exchange 2007, zero problems. All email, all calendar all contacts.

And, for what it's worth, being my companies sys admin I went into Exchange, confirmed device was recognized (as MotoAndroid) and can perform remote wipes and locks against it.

While at a glance it looks like you can't do tasks and notes you can certainly sync up with Exchange. I have it working with Exchange 2007, zero problems. All email, all calendar all contacts.

Yes, exchange works on my droid too. It's the security issues that are preventing many owners from being allowed to use them.

And, for what it's worth, being my companies sys admin I went into Exchange, confirmed device was recognized (as MotoAndroid) and can perform remote wipes and locks against it.

Interesting - there is an open issue here at google .

Ah, those requirements are a bit beyond base level Activesync support, which it does have.

File it under your mileage may vary. I mean even if it did support all those policies (which I bet it will soon) there will still be work places that allow nothing but Blackberries, no matter what.

Back