Modern Warfare 2 PC release starts with DVD Errors !!

RavenX

Limp Gawd
http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-PC-release-start-errors

For those of you who are PC gamers, you should wait on buying Modern Warfare 2 from the retailers. The PC version comes with 2 discs but it seems that only the actually game is working and not the extra content.

The first DVD/Disc is about 6.9 GB which seems to be the standard size for games that are coming out now. Unfortunately, each drive refuses to recognize the DVD. The DVD drives rattle around and you can hear the disc just clattering in the DVD Drive. Now when something like this happens, questions comes to mind and that is if this is a manufacturing defect and if there are other discs out there that have this problem.

A German game magazine reports the same problem. Every drive in their editorial office refuses the second DVD (they have seven PC's and four copies Modern Warfare 2 for PC). They say it’s definitly a production error.

Already posted on main MW2 thread....please dont start another....lock this.

Already posted on main MW2 thread....please dont start another....lock this.

Hey look everyone, its the internet police I bet you just couldn't stand not to post that could you. :rolleyes: Like I'm going to check out the 50+ pages. I did a search and didn't find a topic strictly on this issue so deal with it.

Thats fine. Theres just mass of mw related threads already, at least you could have pasted that info into the main mw2 thread instead of starting a new one. Why have the discussion of the same game in 20 different places.

Something like dvd errors on a large scale deserves its own thread.

I tend to agree, many of us have already frequented the main MW2 thread and might not notice this issue if it was posted there.

Something like dvd errors on a large scale deserves its own thread.

Agreed.

This definitely sucks for those that ordered the physical copy - hopefully this doesn't affect all disks. I'm glad I've got my preorder on Steam.

I tend to agree, many of us have already frequented the main MW2 thread and might not notice this issue if it was posted there.

No shit Sherloc. :D I'm not going to dig through pages of the MW2 thread to figure out that there are mass problems with discs. This needs it's own thread.

Except, it's one website claiming this, and an obscure one at that.

I'll reserve my judgment until I get some more reports of such.

lmao another article from a bunch of pissed off fanboi's who wont be able to cheat. Gimme a break, the only fail is the article.

Wait, so the game works but not the extra content? Although i won't be buying this game, it doesn't seem like a big deal if you can't access your wallpapers and "making of" videos...

People actually watch the "Making of" videos? Wtfsauce?

Its no different than extras you get on DVD/Blue Ray disks.
If I bought the game I would watch it, though I guess I'll only be seeing people testing on X360's, the standard "music brings ambiance" to the game, footage from press events, footage with consultants. Not anything exclusively developed for the pc.

Wait, so the game works but not the extra content? Although i won't be buying this game, it doesn't seem like a big deal if you can't access your wallpapers and "making of" videos...

Irrelevant, you pay for a product, you should get what you paid for, if you watch it or not, is not the point, a faulty product is being sold, company should be making this right.

Irrelevant, you pay for a product, you should get what you paid for, if you watch it or not, is not the point, a faulty product is being sold, company should be making this right.

Although I don't care about most extra content, this is true. And I'm sure they will make it right.

But wouldn't you have payed for the game and got the making of free?

Unless it was touted as mw2: making of edition...

How do you know the extra's are free and not already included in the price people are paying? unless the extra version is the same price as a version with out the extra's, then you are paying for it.

But again, either way, you paid for a product, and even if said extra's were actually free, why include it if it is broken...

lmao another article from a bunch of pissed off fanboi's who wont be able to cheat. Gimme a break, the only fail is the article.

:rolleyes: It will be easier to cheat than ever. And you can't vote kick cheaters out now.

:rolleyes: It will be easier to cheat than ever. And you can't vote kick cheaters out now.

Since it's steam linked, IF there is any cheater reporting section, then they will be banned forever... and no cracked servers for them to get back on.

Of course, this completely hinges on IW admins doing their work...

Apparently the video of "the making of" would have included the developer pulling a copy of the game from an Xbox 360, writing "PC" on the data side of the disc with a magic marker, and putting it into a PC disc drive.

Maybe that's why it doesn't work?

This product was faulty before they even started printing the discs.;)

Since it's steam linked, IF there is any cheater reporting section, then they will be banned forever... and no cracked servers for them to get back on.

Of course, this completely hinges on IW admins doing their work...

I wasn't aware steams anti cheating system was worth a crap. Oh, it isn't.

for 60 bucks its a big deal.. if the game was 30 bucks.. then no one would care.. but for 60 bucks everything better be working..

I wasn't aware steams anti cheating system was worth a crap. Oh, it isn't.

steam has an Anti-cheat system? lol.. i mean if by anti-cheat you mean people reporting other people for cheating is an anti-cheat system.. then i guess they have one..

How do you know you weren't just paying for a CD case and the right to use the software was free? So if they make the software unusable it wouldn't really matter.

for 60 bucks its a big deal.. if the game was 30 bucks.. then no one would care.. but for 60 bucks everything better be working..

steam has an Anti-cheat system? lol.. i mean if by anti-cheat you mean people reporting other people for cheating is an anti-cheat system.. then i guess they have one..

Valve Anti-Cheat or VAC. Supposedly it works a bit better than PunkBuster, but that isn't exactly setting the bar very high.

I'm lucky so far, my second disk just loaded up here and it's installing just fine. I've got my fingers crossed it doesn't fail in the midle.

But there is extra content on the second disk? What extra? Mine has only this:

autorun.inf
Modern Warfare 2_disk2.sim
Modern Warfare 2_disk2.sis
Modern Warfare 2_disk2_0.sid
Modern Warfare 2_disk2_1.sid
Modern Warfare 2_disk2_2.SID
mw2.ico
desktop.ini

How do you know you weren't just paying for a CD case and the right to use the software was free? So if they make the software unusable it wouldn't really matter.

Well if you were just paying for the cd and case, GG you fail at gaming.

Back