MW2 has hacking already, wall hacking video inside.

I'd like to see how this plays out in the next few days/weeks. Who honestly didn't expect someone to hack/cheat? It will be very telling to see how IW responds to this.

So what are we supposed to do now? Come across one of these, and all you can do is leave and join another server. Is that going to be their solution for us? "Just let us know the name of who it was" Well, the outcomes the namechanger then too I'm sure.

So what are we supposed to do now? Come across one of these, and all you can do is leave and join another server. Is that going to be their solution for us? "Just let us know the name of who it was" Well, the outcomes the namechanger then too I'm sure.

I would imagine their Steam accounts would be banned, partly why you need a Steam ID to play. They definitely need to come up with some reporting system soon though.

That is an Aimbot and so what... Its call team work, fix, pin and shoot him in the back.

I thought no dedicated servers and no mods was supposed to make this impossible, wtf

MW2 is a paradise for cheaters. No admins, not vote kick, and VAC is easy to get by.

I can't believe some half-witted morons actually believed that this would stop cheating.

VAC is easy to get by for a few weeks, but they'll be a little upset when they get permently banned from all VAC games on that steam account. That is an expensive ban for a lot of people.

Oh, and I think there is a report option if you go into the Steam Overlay (shift tab) and go player list current game, and report abuse. or something like that.

MW2 is a paradise for cheaters. No admins, not vote kick, and VAC is easy to get by.

I can't believe some half-witted morons actually believed that this would stop cheating.

They didn't actually believe it, they wanted us to believe it. The wanted us to believe it so they could push there agenda for no dedicated servers and IW.net. What makes even less sense is that they wanted us "Gamers" to believe something that we already knew was false in the first place.

They took us for a bunch of morons.

I would imagine their Steam accounts would be banned, partly why you need a Steam ID to play. They definitely need to come up with some reporting system soon though.

yup, VAC will get them :)... and I will laugh

If they have and haven't been caught yet, then its coming eventually :) Not only does VAC check for modified files, but it also checks for memory hooks and other types of manipulation from 3rd party software

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

great to read through when you're bored :)

It's very possible to hack without getting caught I know plenty of people who have done it. VAC is not as great as you think it is.

Ok, for the sake of being fair and all that: Is there a game where this kind of crap doesn't happen at some point?

The real trick is going to be of course: Does it get put down and dealt with or does the MP for this become the wild west?

BladeVenom said:

I've come to the point where nothing surprises in terms of what stupid people will believe.

Oh yeah, and you get to pay an extra $10 for that, too. Awesome.

No it won't. I know tons of "friends" who have hacked on VAC servers and never got banned.
And then there's people like me, who supposedly "hacked" in CS 1.6 and got banned for five years back in 2003. Multiple attempts to get them to even say what I supposedly did were met either with silence or a boilerplate "VAC has no false positives."

It's very possible to hack without getting caught I know plenty of people who have done it. VAC is not as great as you think it is.

oh trust me, I don't think that VAC is the end all-be all to stop cheaters, but it's better than most other solutions currenty avalible. :) ... like I said, if they haven't been caught yet (taking your word for it since I doubt its a public exploit), they will be eventually.

And then there's people like me, who supposedly "hacked" in CS 1.6 and got banned for five years back in 2003. Multiple attempts to get them to even say what I supposedly did were met either with silence or a boilerplate "VAC has no false positives."

lol that SUCKS. Did anyone else use your account? Atleast it was only temporary I guess. I would be fuming if my account got banned... thats a lot of money out the window

Ok, for the sake of being fair and all that: Is there a game where this kind of crap doesn't happen at some point?

Sure hacks are made for most games, that's why no honest developer would claim to have a foolproof system. But Robert Douchebag Bowling said, "The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters."

fw3codmw2sshot002.jpg

Sure hacks are made for most games, that's why no honest developer would claim to have a foolproof system. But Robert Douchebag Bowling said, "The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters."

<snip>

Whoops! That picture really is worth a thousand words.

Oh looky at the video.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games Inc. "

right now, considrering i havent bought the game, i applaud the hackers for showing IW that their shit is not fullproof

haha video taken down because Activision cannot handle their stupid fucking listen servers being shown up for what they really are - shit.

People said this over and over again that not being able to ban cheaters by having admins/griefers is going to completely fuck up gameplay, yet they release confident that it's a "better experience".

What a total and complete joke.

With no console commands is it possible to even get player IDs so you can ask IW to ban them for cheating?

I hope all the tools who believed this crap now can see it for what it is and admit the non-dedicated servers was a bad idea!

I'd like to see how this plays out in the next few days/weeks. Who honestly didn't expect someone to hack/cheat? It will be very telling to see how IW responds to this.

Well, apparently by getting the vid pulled from youtube, despite the fact that hours of other nonhacked gameplay remains. not a good sign.

Ya just fyi, MW1 had many hacks as well so.....Why would this one be any different.

Back