Radeon 5970 + Antec 900 = pain in the @ss

• Thread starter Deleted member 68403
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 68403

Got my HIS Radeon 5970 installed finally. It initially did not fit in my Antec 900. I had to unscrew both drive cages and push them half an inch forward. I also did a little bit of dremel work to trim the upper cage down a little bit for better cable management, but most people shouldn't have to do that. Just FYI for anyone out there thinking about it.

Would it fit without the drive cages? If you arrange it so its between the drive cages will it fit?

Got my HIS Radeon 5970 installed finally. It initially did not fit in my Antec 900. I had to unscrew both drive cages and push them half an inch forward. I also did a little bit of dremel work to trim the upper cage down a little bit for better cable management, but most people shouldn't have to do that. Just FYI for anyone out there thinking about it.

No pics?

If your using only using one bay for a dvd drive could you slide the top cage up 2 so it will fit?

If your using only using one bay for a dvd drive could you slide the top cage up 2 so it will fit?

You know, now that I think about it, that probably would have worked and been a whole hell of a lot easier. . .:D Oh well, I guess I was a little overeager to get my game on with the new card.

lol we do stupid things when our new £500 toys dont work :)

Mine arrives next week and is going into the 900's bigger brother the 1200, should only require some HDD re-arrangement.

Btw there is a 5870 to long topic in the case section of this forum for people who want to know :) .

Topic shows up after you enabled to show month old and on page 6 or 7.

Back