Silverstone ST45SF SFX 450w PSU

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
SFF News first at SFFClub.com oh yeah :)

An extremely early release of site 2 (so don't judge)
http://sffclub.com/site2/index.php?...article&id=49:new-st45sf-&catid=1:latest-news

Or just go to www.sffclub.com for the same thing.

ST45SF1mini.png

That wont work. the PCIe power connects come out of the top of that card and there is barely any room above the top of the card. Look at the picture of the back of the case. There may be about 1/4 inch of room. I was looking at a version of that case with a 9800gt and there was only about 1/8 of an inch above the top of the video card.

Now that PSU in a SG05 with a GTX275.....would be the bomb.

83% efficiency at 20% load (according to the specs) is very impressive. That means power savings even at idle, which not alot of 80 Plus PSUs can deliver I think.

I'm pretty sure the GTX275 is longer than a GTS250/HD4850? Which means it wouldn't fit?

I really really like these ITX designs- I think that the only thing holding me back would be GPU length in the SG-05 (I won't do a single slot card that dumps it's heat back into the case). I wonder if we're going to get a 5800 series that would fit? It uses less power than a 4870/GTX260 after all.

the 5850 fits, I have it in my case right now. I'm just waiting for this PSU now.

the problem is that my rig crashes after 30min if gaming, im assuming the current 300watt psu is not strong enough.

Also it is a little tricky to get the card in, extremely tight fit, so be careful

hmmm, can you check the mgpu/chipset temp? if it gets close to 90-100c it'll shut down. I added an 80mm fan to the chipset to fix it and works wonders now

That wont work. the PCIe power connects come out of the top of that card and there is barely any room above the top of the card. Look at the picture of the back of the case. There may be about 1/4 inch of room. I was looking at a version of that case with a 9800gt and there was only about 1/8 of an inch above the top of the video card.

Doh! Didn't notice it came out the top. I suppose I'll have to wait for a single slot Fermi powered card

A 9800 would work fine though, as they come out of the back. I had an 8800GT in my MI-008 at one point

Pureaxis & Idiot... what case are you guys referring to that would fit the 5850?

I would not be interested in the SUGO but would be in the Thermaltake Element Q if the 5850 fits in it.

the GTX 260,275,285 does all have the same length, 26,7cm. it to long for the SG05. but some modding makes it fit, pics in the SG05 tread :)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1372339&page=10

hmmm, can you check the mgpu/chipset temp? if it gets close to 90-100c it'll shut down. I added an 80mm fan to the chipset to fix it and works wonders now

if u have probs with the chipset temp its probably due to to the rubber ring under the chipset heat sink, it elevates the sink to high so theres not proper contact between chipset and sink. I went down more than 20 celcius by fixing this.

what case are you guys referring to that would fit the 5850?

The psu is an SG05-06 upgrade, so we discuss that case :D

but its probably the greatest SFF psu out there so a great choise for everyone.

Hey, uhm, not to be a downer or anything, but this PSU isn't listed at 80plus.org. They do list quite a long line of Silverstone PSUs, but not this one. In fact, they don't seem to mention any SFX sized PSUs from Silverstone. Maybe that's why the 80 Plus sticker on the Sugo 5 at work has the sticker stuck to the case, and not the PSU. I'll have to check it out tomorrow... :confused:

Could also be why they say "80 PLUS Bronze level" instead of 80 PLUS Bronze certified.

These PSUs aren't made by SilverStone. I think the actual manufacturer is FSP.

Ah, you're right. :) The Sugo 5's PSU is a FSP, model FSP300-60GHS. That one is 80-Plus listed, but even FSP doesn't have any 450watt SFX PSUs listed their.

Steeeeve, do you know who OEMed the new 450?

Are there any release date? its really gonna be an awsome psu, so small and so much power :)

Just ordered the single-slot GTX260. I hope the ST45SF is powerful enough for this card and that it comes out soon.

This thing should be released but last I heard from SilverStone it is unknown release. I'm guessing January.

System specs:

Zotac GF9300-G-E
- will be using the onboard GPU
Intel Q9550S
Two 4GB sticks DDR2 800
One 300GB VelociRaptor
Slim tray-loading optical drive
Two 120mm case fans
PCIe video card: ?

With the stock SG05 PSU, will I be able to run the GalaxyTech GTX260+ Razor (single-slot GTX260)? All the press releases for the card say:

"This card is based on a 55nm process with 216 stream processors, 896 MB of GDDR3 memory across a 448-bit memory interface. The GPU is specially picked and tuned by Galaxy to further reduce power consumption. Galaxy also uses the highest quality components, such as all solid Japanese capacitor to enhance durability."

But isn't it too long? In the pics it looks longer than a regular one. And dude if you can get a 5850 for a good price that will only be like 50 more than the gtx260, might as well grab it because I think this PSU can handle it.

But isn't it too long? In the pics it looks longer than a regular one. And dude if you can get a 5850 for a good price that will only be like 50 more than the gtx260, might as well grab it because I think this PSU can handle it.

It's the same length as a standard GTX260. They show it side-by-side on their global site. All you have to do to fit this into the SG05 is cut a little of the front of the shell. Someone posted pics. of this modification in the long SG05 thread.

I don't want to get an ATI card if I can't run both (including ATI CCC for the ATI card and NVIDIA ForceWare for the onboard GPU) simultaneously. I haven't seen any confirmation that this is possible.

That is very true. Haha.
The ATX power supply, and....
And probably the 5970 that goes with it. That's right, we think it is almost possible to fit one in. Clearance for the PCB (only) is about 11.67". So from what we are hearing, the newer version of the 5970 will be able to fit in. Keep in mind that this case is no bigger than the SG05 in volume of course:D. It's slightly longer, and not as tall.:p Hummmmm, I like it!!
Did I say a 150mm tall heatsink?:D hehehe
ATX PSU + 5970 + High end heatsink + 2 x 120mmfans (25mm deep) + 2 x 80mm fans (25 mm deep) + integrated fan controller + small mini ITX case = ?;)

Lan Gear makes "Da Box" right?

I hope they do make a mITX case that can compete w/ SilverStone's and LianLi's mITX offerings.

Yes, it's in the work with some of the spec you can see above (Lan Gear Mini ITX - gaming rig).
- Release scheduled for spring 2010.
- First pictures to showcase the outside of the case: end of December 2009/January 2010.
- First case (prototype) pictures: end of January 2010.

There is also an ultra small mini ITX (integrated 300W PSU) in the work. But this is for late 2010.

Dam Matt you getting me all excited for this case! Haha Im going to have to end up going Itx when it comes out.

Spring 2010! such a long wait. I don't think the stock FSP 300 will run my DFI and ATI 5850 at the same time..

so what can this actually power up? core i7 + (best video card under circumstances)?

Back