Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the titles change each day through Monday. Weird thing is that there is a 42hour timer on it.

Batman : Arkham Asylum - $24.99
Fallen Earth - $24.99
Champions Online - $19.99
GRID - $7.49
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - $9.99
Osmos - $2.00
Dragon Age: Origins - $37.49

I just bought Osmos, I am considering in buying GRID. Is it worth the $7.50? DA:O and batman I can hold off from, i'm sure those prices will pop up elsewhere if not cheaper sometime soon.

Check out the THQ pack for $49.99 that sounds like a reeeally good deal

I want Champions Online badly. Damnit :( They have a free weekend..but I want to play it for life without worrying about renewing. :(

I just bought Osmos, I am considering in buying GRID. Is it worth the $7.50? DA:O and batman I can hold off from, i'm sure those prices will pop up elsewhere if not cheaper sometime soon.

Yeah those packages are amazing.
Although I already have some of those games in the packs.

Definitely can't pass up Osmos for $2.00...may also pick up GRID and use my 360 controller.

if you have a wheel or a good analog controller, get grid, its an excellent racing game.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT try it on the keyboard :D

Grid is well worth the $7.50. I love it.
But like others have said you must have a good wheel or controller. Works great with my 360 controller.

I just tried out Osmos and it's a very interesting game, spending $2 doesn't phase me so this is a great deal.

It's done guys, I bought GRID. :D

I have an xbox 360 controller to use, although a steering wheel sounds more fun...

Grid, worth it for 7.50. Cars look great and damage is nicely done on vehicles.

HOLY SHIT at that THQ pack at $50. What an incredible deal. I just bought Batman and I'm contemplating Dragon Age Origins.

HOLY SHIT at that THQ pack at $50. What an incredible deal. I just bought Batman and I'm contemplating Dragon Age Origins.

It's tempting, but I have to pass on the THQ pack simply because I already own half the games in the pack, and the other half are games I probably wouldn't play more than once.

Just a FYI, the multiplayer for Grid is pretty much dead. I bought it @ 39.99, no regrets.

Batman: Arkham is a fun game - especially if you like Batman. It has a good combination of both sneaky ninja kills and a smooth fighting system against mobs of guys. On some levels you really get the feel of being Batman picking off guys 1 at a time.

So... two months and I can get DA:O for $19.99 w/all downloadable content.
I want the game, but I'll wait.

Is Batman better PS3 or PC?

Is Batman better PS3 or PC?

Depends on:
1) If you like keyboard/mouse or ps3 controller.
2) If you have a decent enough rig to take advantage of the graphics.

I personally prefer PC.

The THQ pack is an awesome deal for the price, too bad I already have most of the games.

See sig for video card. Will it run 1920x1200 no aa/af? basically a GTS 250 512. Also, sometimes a game is just meant for consoles, controls make more sense, etc... and then PCs, which for me FPS are the only way to go... so.... I was thinking this would have better "playability" on PS3 control wise?

Sorry for getting off topic!

See sig for video card. Will it run 1920x1200 no aa/af? basically a GTS 250 512. Also, sometimes a game is just meant for consoles, controls make more sense, etc... and then PCs, which for me FPS are the only way to go... so.... I was thinking this would have better "playability" on PS3 control wise?

Sorry for getting off topic!

I have played it on PC, PS3 and 360 and the controls felt the best on PC by far.

I have played it on PC, PS3 and 360 and the controls felt the best on PC by far.
Not to mention you can use also use a 360 controller or a DualShock controller on the PC. Definitely the most flexible, best looking version of the game, as you would expect.

Batman on the PC handles great! The best part is, it's graphically superior to the console version, and you still get the Xbox360 Achievements from the Steam Version.

So, can anyone talk me out of the Digital Deluxe version of Dragon Age? Please talk me out of it!

Edit:
Check it out, I've got batman on Steam, but it works as a games for windows game. Totally Awesome! See image below for example...
fore1337.png

Last edited:
Just bit on GRID and Osmos. Waiting for some more Steam sales.

Weird though, that Valve is saying there's a new set of games on sale every day, but the timer would be hitting 0 sometime on Friday.

Oh well, on the bright side, my wallet won't be feeling pain for 5 days straight :p

damm you steam and your casual games.

1st plants vs zombies and now Osmos.

In for both.

I swear i buy more games this way,that little windows is hypnotizing:eek:

I just bought BM:AA and DA:O. That THQ pack is a sweet deal, but I already own half the games on disc :p

Grabbed Grid, FC2, Osmos, and PvZ...thinking about the THQ pack, but I'm not sure my personal life can handle having some many new (to me) games on hand at once. :p

picked up GRiD. Should be fun with my MOMO wheel.

one of the best craigslist deals ive made...only $12 for the wheel.

I snagged Batman and Dragon Age. They were both in my price range for a single player game. Now I just need to find the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back