Bing 10% Cashback @Newegg Cyber Monday

gangolfus

Gawd
Did you miss 10% back at Newegg last week? It's back! And it even had a ribbon bar across the top stating that my session was eligible for 10% back. No more guess work.

Yay! Now I'm trying to figure out if there is anything else I should be ordering before BCB runs out. Already got my order in for a SSD.

guess this is the real newegg CM deal... what ssd night? i havent found anything worth buying this past week and have only considered a $19 8gb SD card for my camera and a $129 BR burner

I didn't see it on the store list either, so I didn't log in bing when I ordered memory this morning, I'll have to manually submit it in 2 days.

Did you miss 10% back at Newegg last week? It's back! And it even had a ribbon bar across the top stating that my session was eligible for 10% back. No more guess work.

I see nothing, so I guess it's over. I even clicked directly off of their twitter page, and I see nothing about it being available on Newegg's site

Tried quite a few Bing searches, can't find a newegg cashback banner, hoping it's not dead already (?)

Came right up for me... make sure you have adblock disabled if you are using Firefox.

I tried it in both FF and IE...same results....in fact, I believe I purchased it in IE. I generally go to that browser for this type of thing, because I block all non-white-listed cookies and javascript in FF.

I may complain to Newegg/Bing...but it's only $2.00, so I'm not sure it's worth my time.

edit:
well now it works in bing...it didn't before....looks like it may have been cache issues...though I don't understand why that would have affected both browsers.

Last edited:
once I logged in I saw the link for 10% cash back.. it's not a banner really, but more a small link next to the search results when I searched for "newegg". when I clicked on it I got a message at newegg that this session was eligible for 10% cash back, etc...

guess this is the real newegg CM deal... what ssd night? i havent found anything worth buying this past week and have only considered a $19 8gb SD card for my camera and a $129 BR burner

It is the 120GB OCZ Agility. Normally cannot find that drive for less than $379 (with the exception of ZZF who burned me before and TheGreatGuys who charge ~$70 in shipping to misrepresent the price). I've never seen the drive go below $315 ever, and I might get it for $257 if BCB and the rebate both work (not sure on that one).

I have seen the 120GB agility go for $225 on eBay new. Well at least if I bid $225 I would have had one 2 months ago..

here is how i got bing cashback to work for newegg:

disable abp for bing only, allow bing with noscript (i use FF 3.5.5, noscript, adblock plus)
search for newegg in bing, NOT in bing shopping (www.bing.com, enter newegg, hit enter)
you'll see the newegg official site at the very top and right next to it is small link for "bing cashback"
click on the "bing cashback"
= profit

ps, i'm still hoping that retail 80gb G2 intel ssd comes back in stock...

It worked for me, with trouble. I cleared out all cache, did ipconfig /flushdns, cleared all flash cache and Java cache. Searched, it came up.

Just got the 850HX with rebate, CB for about $150. Thanks OP!

Ctrl+F5 in any modern browser will cause a full page reload eliminating page cache issues.

The Newegg 10% CB is still active. Searching from the main Bing page only took me on browser refresh to get the 10% CB ad.

Good thing they had CB today because I really wanted to upgrade my media server with several 2TB hard drives but held off when they "ran out of funds" on Friday.

Thanks just ordered a Nikon D40 and am getting $44 cashback :)

How long will it take to appear on my bing account?

Shouldn't take long... mine appeared in my account within 15 minutes.

Although, make sure the box is checked to send Bing an email regarding your purchase.... without that box it says you are not eligible for CB.

Shouldn't take long... mine appeared in my account within 15 minutes.

Although, make sure the box is checked to send Bing an email regarding your purchase.... without that box it says you are not eligible for CB.

I didnt see a box...

Crap...am I screwed?

Not sure, I know when traffic is heavy the Bing notifications can be slow.

In my instance, when I checked out I had two check boxes, the one to agree to NewEgg's Terms of Service and the second was the Bing CB check box. The Bing check box was already checked and did not require any action from me. Also, in my shopping session I started from the Bing ad, I always had the "this purchase is eligible for Bing CB" notice until I went to check out. I used IE for the transaction since my Firefox setup blocks practically everything.

If worse comes to worse, you can always either manually report the transaction to Bing or cancel it with NewEgg and redo the order if 10% CB is still active.

Has anyone else ordered recently with bing? If so how long did it take to show up.

Just ordered an Onkyo HT-RC160 receiver ($297 after cashback...thanks OP!) and the cashback showed up 43 minutes after my order confirmation from newegg.

used IE not signed in cleared cache before. BCB is alive and well. anyone used a VISA for purchase and got that prompt?

Glad cashback is back to 10%, really unhappy that the Intel X25-m 80gb is not in stock yet, that's what i get for not purchasing one of their previous deals :(. The first chance i get at $200 or below i'm pouncing :)

Any stores that had that price? eBay is not exactly a reliable source of hardware...
Never, not even close, the 64 gig Agility has been down to $150ish with mail in rebates though. He's talking about a price an auction ended at, which was a great score for whoever won that bid.

Dead for me. Rumor is they ran out of funds again, like last Thursday. -_-

Back