Any Radeon 5970 users play Jedi Outcast?

• Thread starter Deleted member 68403
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 68403

I've been playing Jedi Outcast for the last week with my 5970 (wanted to experience the game with some 24x edge detect AA goodness). Anyways, the game consistently hangs/crashes for me and I get kicked back to the desktop with the funky gamma and a VPU recovery. I have found that disabling OpenGL extensions via the ingame menu will stop the crashes, but it kills performance and causes some weird visual glitches every now and again. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone else is having similar issues or if it's just me?

Hmm thats all I got lol....try running it in xp combatability mode?

Yup, tried compatibility mode, disabling themes, disabling desktop composition, etc. Nothing stops the crashes except for disabling OpenGL extensions.

Then you get the weird glitches from time to time? That sucks, is this thru steam?

Yup, Steam version. Disabling GL extensions stops the crashes but frame rate tanks (goes as low as 15 sometimes) and it introduces some weird visual distortion/corruption during certain parts of the game.

Mine works perfectly on Eyefinity without any changes other than resolution. Win 7 64

How is it with 2000 FPS?

I mean, even I will say that's overkill.

Actually at 1920 x 1080 with 8X SSAA on the Yavin levels towards the end of the game I was getting frame dips as low as 65. . .in between the constant crashing :(

Man, I really hope they fix the problems with the drivers soon. I bought the LucasArts pack and I can't even play Jedi Outcast without it crashing, and ATI cards still have problems with bump-mapping in Republic Commando. Those are the two main games I wanted to play off of the pack!

Man, I really hope they fix the problems with the drivers soon. I bought the LucasArts pack and I can't even play Jedi Outcast without it crashing, and ATI cards still have problems with bump-mapping in Republic Commando. Those are the two main games I wanted to play off of the pack!

My Jedi Outcast and Jedi crashes are gone on my 5970 after updating to the Dirt 2 hotfix drivers. . .WOO-HOO!!!!!!! Played about 3 hours or so tonight with NO crashes, so happy!!!!!

Are you talking about the Dirt2 hotfix that was released around the same time as the demo? If so, I had crashes with that still...but I'll try again.

Are you talking about the Dirt2 hotfix that was released around the same time as the demo? If so, I had crashes with that still...but I'll try again.

Yup, wasn't going to try them as a lot of people said AF is broken for a lot of games, but these drivers are working great for me.

Yup, tried compatibility mode, disabling themes, disabling desktop composition, etc. Nothing stops the crashes except for disabling OpenGL extensions.

I think he means literally running it in the VM version of XP. Sounds like you just change the compatibility mode to match XP according to this statement. Give it a shot and let us know.

Back