Users with the dirt 2 coupon from ati read this.

BravO)))

Supreme [H]ardness
We know that the dirt2 icon is disappearing from the games tab on steam. If you reactivate it and fallow the install steps you will be able to download it into your steam folder. To find this go to steam/steamapps/common/dirt2 If it is there, you should see the folder get bigger with time. After it has completed, go into the dirt2 folder and click on dirt2_game and it should be playable. This only has been confirmed for the people with the dirt 2 coupons.

If you are having dll errors do the following
Download gfwl here http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-gb/live/Pages/livejoin.aspx
download direct3d sdk here http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/A/5/3A53CE87-F5C9-4CE5-92E1-5E2AF4841741/DXSDK_Mar09.exe

These should fix your problems.

To activate gfwl on the game
Originally Posted by wespott View Post
If you already have downloaded the game with the ATI voucher (your dirt 2 directory should be 10.5GB) and need your cdkey for Games for Windows Live, see below.

Step 1: First, create a shortcut to the dirt2.exe.

Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dirt 2\dirt2.exe
Windows Vista\7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dirt 2\dirt2.exe

Step 2: Open your registry and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Users\XXXXXX\cdkeys. You want the cdkey for "12840." Copy this to your clipboard.

Step 3: Start the game and login to Games for Windows Live. When it asks you to enter your cdkey, paste the one from the registry. It should then proceed to download your profile. Autosaving, multiplayer and achievements should all be working now.

so if i chucked my coupon with the code after entering it since steam usually stores everything, i'm screwed now?

[L]imey;1035014261 said:
so if i chucked my coupon with the code after entering it since steam usually stores everything, i'm screwed now?

Until Tuesday, maybe.

Originally Posted by GriMReapeRAK View Post
I found how to do it on the Steam forums. Enter steam://install/*IDHERE* into your browser tab with the game ID number for Dirt 2. I don't remember the game ID at the moment, but you can just go to the steam store Dirt 2 entry in the web browser and it should have the ID number in the web address. It should ask to open up Steam and it will download in the background like for the users who had the coupon. I think the folder was something like 10.1GB.

I threw mine away too, but I'm trying this and it appears to be downloading... the ID is 12840

Downloaded it.
Put key into download it I think.
Then when it was done tried to register it with windows live account.
Said "Invalid Key"
WTF? So now can only play single player.

Whoops just read post up above..Shame faced

Back