Acer AS1810TZ-4174/Timeline 1410 impressions: awesome little 11.6" machines!

I hope you have good luck with yours. It had the 1810T, SU7300, 4GB RAM, 5600mAH. I got 15 hours lid closed, wifi off. 11 hours with it open and surfing the web, with an intel X25-m G1. But, when it was turned off, it lost 5% battery life/day; it was returned for refund last week. Luckily, JR was willing to accommodate the return w/o restocking fee. Kudos to them!

It was a sweet laptop, and certainly did everything I wish my netbook had done.

I've got a Gateway EC1803h (same type of model, just under the Gateway label) and I'm loving it too. :)

But, when it was turned off, it lost 5% battery life/day; it was returned for refund last week.

This also happened to my Vaio TZ, a fairly wide issue and was quite annoying. I simply removed the battery when the unit was off and no more battery drain. Shame it happened in the first place. I am considering the Acer 1410/1810 or the identical Gateway EC14/EC18 for a trip later this month or to keep my Vaio TZ which I am not very happy with.

Late reply, I know... :).

I don't think I've ever owned a laptop that didn't drop a couple percent per day regardless of use. I usually top it off every night when I've used it much during the day in any case, so the "issue" doesn't really affect me at all.

Just bought my mom the 1410-2039 because of the PC World article that named it the best notebook under $400.

On Christmas day I will be removing all the bloatware, installing MSE and setting it up to backup to my WHS machine.

Just bought the 1410-8414 for my daughter this Xmas. Will be throwing Win 7 (much bettter than Vista).

I too bought htis after searching web articles. Can't wait to actually open the box up & check it out

Yea, the 1410-2039 was $399 and it comes with Win 7 Home Premium x64. I didn't know they offered the older model with Vista anymore.

My disty didn't have any of the SU3500 models with Win7 in stock, so got what I could...

Not a biggie, its an easy install, and have MS Action Pack & Tech Net

Back