GTR Evolution or Race On, or both?

CLock3

Gawd
Just a quick question regarding these games. Is Race On just the newer version of GTR Evo, or would it be worth it to have both? I'm talking in terms of the bundle. I don't have Race '07. I noticed that the Race On bundle includes Race 07, STCC, and Race On, and GTR Evo includes Race 07 and GTR Evo. Sorry if it's a dumb question, haha. The naming convention is just kind of confusing to me.

Thanks.

I think they're different expansions for Race 07.

Race On:
Race On includes all cars from Race 07 and STCC - The Game, plus five new ones. Those are four US Muscle cars in race and street version plus the European International Formula Master

Car&Track list: http://www.polepositiondriver.com/articles/race-on-car-list/

GTR Evolution:
GTR Evolution adds GT Cars and their production variants to RACE 07. It is available as a stand-alone game including RACE 07 and as an add-on pack to those who already have RACE 07.

Car&Track list: http://www.virtualr.net/gtr-evolution-car-track-list/

So no GT cars in Race On.

Forget about both of them.

The game you want is Shift - it's an incredible driving experience. You have to see it to believe it - the cockpit view is insane. The cars feel incredible when you turn off most of the driving assists. The company that worked on this game worked on GT Legends - but here they were given the thumbs up to produce a modern, graphically impressive game engine.

I've been playing for two weeks now, and it's only now that I'm seeing how great this game really is.

Yeah, I have Shift already, and I agree, it's a great game. I was just looking into some other Racing Sims as I'm going to be getting a G27 wheel. I already have Shift, Dirt 2, and Grid, all of which I like a lot. I've just heard a lot about real deal racing sims like GTR, and rFactor and such, so I'm looking into that type as well.

shift is not a sim, it is a great game but its no where near a sim. but both gtr games are great as long as the two that you asked about, they just add different cars and tracks. i would tell you to go with rfactor. i race that all the time with my uncle and the mod community for that game is crazy good. any kind of car series that you want to race has been done. if you get it, let me know and i can point you to some sites with great reviews of mods and tracks for rfactor

Forget about both of them.

The game you want is Shift - it's an incredible driving experience. You have to see it to believe it - the cockpit view is insane. The cars feel incredible when you turn off most of the driving assists. The company that worked on this game worked on GT Legends - but here they were given the thumbs up to produce a modern, graphically impressive game engine.

I've been playing for two weeks now, and it's only now that I'm seeing how great this game really is.

The company that worked on GT Legends is the developer of GTR Evo and Race on(SimBin..who has been releasing a new game every year now)....Shift is a fun arcade/"sim" experience, a good enough mixture between the two for those who don't want to go hardcore. Dirt and Grid are very fun arcade style games.

Ya...OP should check out rFactor, LFS, iRacing and the like.

Yeah, I wanted to try out a more hardcore sim racing game. I've been reading a little bit about rFactor, LFS, and iRacing. They all seem pretty awesome. Probably won't do iRacing. At least not now, because of the cost. I'll have to look more into rFactor and LFS.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Actually most of the developers of GTR/GTR 2/GTlegends is the developers behind Shift :p... But Simbin remained the focus on simulations so you could say they kept the spirit if those sims.

I wasn´´t to crazy about race on since I already have the previous versions but get those and Evo... You really want the GT cars and nordschleife :)

Race On is a fantastic sim. The formula cars and even mini coopers are a blast. You really need a wheel, don't buy it if you don't have a wheel.

I agree, although Shift is very fun it is too much arcade like even with all assists off.

Back