Best arm for triple 28" LCD's?

NewYork

Limp Gawd
Hi,

It finally hit me that I want my three Hanns-G 28" LCD's hovering over my desk. So... what is the best bang for the buck triple lcd arm that will allow me to do this?

Seems nice but I feel it's somewhat lacking. It also states "Max 33Lbs, 10~23inch" which technically rules my LCD's out. I'm sure it could work, just makes me reconsider just jumping on it.

Edit: I would also really like to have one that is made for three large LCD's. The one above is for four smaller LCD's which would make the pipes stick up real high for no reason in my particular situation.

Edit_2: Something like this but for larger LCD's.

Last edited:
craigslist or ebay.. but honestly without a budget it would be hard to recommend anything..

chief-KTP320-triple-table-stand-200.jpg

Last edited:
craigslist or ebay.. but honestly without a budget it would be hard to recommend anything..

chief-KTP320-triple-table-stand-200.jpg

I understand, I assumed I wouldn't need a budget because I would think and Triple LCD desktop mount bracket/arm wouldn't cost and arm and a leg, guess I could be wrong. So $250 or less. But if I find what I want that's more, I will more then likely buy that.

Edit: Looks like there is no way that will work for my sized lcd's.

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=15274

If same display used for each, max screen display width of 18". Yeah that kills that. Is there any mount that will do 3x23 or 3x24 and allow you to also swivel your screens from portrait to landscape and back again?

Haven't ever seen a consumer edition triple monitor arm that can hold jumbo sized 28" monitors. I'm sure they exist for slightly more industrial applications but then it's almost guaranteed to cost an arm and a leg.

Any chance on settling upon 3 separate arms? Believe it or not you might have less visible metal to stare at going that route, a true triple arm for 28" LCD's could have pipes sticking out everywhere, or have problems with flexing or tilt.

Unfortunately i don't know which websites sell the more industrial stuff, might take some creative google search terms, or another forum member to point one out.

Haven't ever seen a consumer edition triple monitor arm that can hold jumbo sized 28" monitors. I'm sure they exist for slightly more industrial applications but then it's almost guaranteed to cost an arm and a leg.

Any chance on settling upon 3 separate arms? Believe it or not you might have less visible metal to stare at going that route, a true triple arm for 28" LCD's could have pipes sticking out everywhere, or have problems with flexing or tilt.

Unfortunately i don't know which websites sell the more industrial stuff, might take some creative google search terms, or another forum member to point one out.

What would be the best single arm times three to go with(new to this area) that claim to hold 28"-30" LCD's?

Seems nice but I feel it's somewhat lacking. It also states "Max 33Lbs, 10~23inch" which technically rules my LCD's out. I'm sure it could work, just makes me reconsider just jumping on it.

Edit: I would also really like to have one that is made for three large LCD's. The one above is for four smaller LCD's which would make the pipes stick up real high for no reason in my particular situation.

Edit_2: Something like this but for larger LCD's.

[/URL]

I think it could still work. They are saying the max size and such for the config they show, but as that one reviewer showed you can do a lot of different layouts. Your monitors also do not weigh that much.

I know it might not be ideal, but there is not a lot out there for large monitors in the consumer sector.

I'm looking for the same thing, except for 24" lcd's. I'd like to be able to fit bigger ones in the future though. But it is impossible to find anything reasonable locally so I'm thinking a more sturdier and permanent DIY setup for 24" screens. These TN panels are so cheap that if and when I get better screens I'll just build a triple monitor racing simulator out of them rather than selling them.

I'd say 3 ergotron single display arms is your best bet. A mount for 2 displays that big is probably going to be a bit unstable.

I'd say 3 ergotron single display arms is your best bet. A mount for 2 displays that big is probably going to be a bit unstable.

Not trying to look lazy but can you point that one out so I know what one you're referring to?

And thanks everyone for the help so far.

Thanks

Can you post a picture of your setup?

I just want to see three 28" LCDs jammed next to each other. :D

--------------------------

I am still trying to find this monitor for $250 like it was a couple of weeks ago. So far no luck.

Not trying to look lazy but can you point that one out so I know what one you're referring to?

And thanks everyone for the help so far.

Thanks
He'd probably link you models with the wrong Vesa bracket size. It's a pain but you'll have to figure out what Vesa standard your monitor uses then head over to the ergotron website to see what they have to offer. When you find the right arm you then plug that model number into google shopping to see who sells them for less. Remember Vesa bracket size is only one aspect to look out for, you also have to make sure the mount will hold your monitor's weight.

For some reason Newegg doesn't list the Vesa size, i have a feeling it's one of the more common sizes but i'd be hesitant to assume (i've messed up once already).

Thankfully newegg lists the Hanns-G contact information, maybe email a hanns-g rep and ask them what Vesa mount size your monitor uses:

* Support Phone Number: 888-842-6674
* Support Email: [email protected]
* Support Website: http://usservice.hannsg.net/
* View other products from Hanns-G

For some reason Newegg doesn't list the Vesa size, i have a feeling it's one of the more common sizes but i'd be hesitant to assume (i've messed up once already).

Thankfully newegg lists the Hanns-G contact information, maybe email a hanns-g rep and ask them what Vesa mount size your monitor uses:

* Support Phone Number: 888-842-6674
* Support Email: [email protected]
* Support Website: http://usservice.hannsg.net/
* View other products from Hanns-G

I've had a good amount of experience working with these monitors on different stands. Here are a couple things you need to know:

• VESA size is 200x100mm. You'll need an adapter backplate to fit them on most stands.
  • There is currently no non-custom stand out there that will support three of these in landscape mode (at least none that won't tip over due to the weight). You're best bet is getting three Ergotron MX arms and attache the monitors seperately. Just be sure your desk can support them.
  • I was using an Ergotron DS100 in portrait mode to hold two of these Hanns-Gs around a 30" screen. The set up worked well, but any more weight or more forward center of grav, it would have tipped over.

i'm a current Hanns-G 28" owner myself who is heavily considering an Eyefinity setup...

could you PLEASE post pics of your triple Hanns-G setup - with or without arms?

Thanks.

i'm a current Hanns-G 28" owner myself who is heavily considering an Eyefinity setup...

could you PLEASE post pics of your triple Hanns-G setup - with or without arms?

Thanks.

Below is in portrait with the DS100. Note that I only had two and the middle monitor is an LP3065c which makes the Hanns-Gs look pathetic in comparison.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1483082&highlight=lp3065c

I would, however, HIGHLY recommend getting better quality (PVA or IPS if possible) smaller monitors if you're looking to go Eyefinity. The Hanns-G/I-INC has very bad viewing angles and thus awful in Eyefinity (the reason I sold them). The monitor is decent for a primary gaming screen when your right in front of it, but any thing more that 20 degrees and it's a white out. The larger screen size/discount price of the Hanns-G in no way makes up for this imo.

Back