CM 690 Advanced II

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.techpowerup.com/109998/Cooler_Master_Readies_CM_690_II_Advanced_Case.html

http://vr-zone.com/articles/coolermaster-prepping-cm-690-advanced-ii-for-launch/8139.html

http://www.lockergnome.com/theoracle/2009/12/07/cooler-master-announces-the-cm-690-advanced-ii/

http://www.hitechlegion.com/forum?task=viewtopic&pid=4881 (best link)

Sexy? Yes No?

I saw in an advert on Maximum PC that it'll be all black inside, have space for 2x 240mm radiators, one on the top and one on the bottom (I know if the top allowed a 360 and the bottom a 240, this would be my case over the corsair 800D instantly), filters on all intakes and what not.

Very slick and good find OP! Here are some opinions I gathered from the links.:

Pros:
- Keeps the sleek and elegant mid tower design and adds a more mature edge to it
- Chassis looks mature and modern without being gaudy and I think its the same size as all the original CM 690
- Massive air cooling support for 10 fans, and if you look closely you can see that CM used high quality mesh with large holes and stamping for more strength
- Supports one 280 radiator on top and a 240 on the bottom thats crazy watercooling support for a tiny mid tower
- It's got filters on the top, the front and the bottom!:cool:
- External SATA dock!

Cons:
- No 230mm fan support
- My big PSU over 150mm long may not fit with bottom radiator
- Have to wait till January! :mad:
- Have to buy the side window separately

My only gripe with my CM690 is the power button, it is cheap plastic that broke after about a month, if they fixed that then the case is ideal for most.

Ya the wait is killer :(

My only real issue is that CM is known to have some QC issues with it's various cases (take for example, my CM ATCS840, I had a faulty fan, reported it to CM, still no replacement (not that it mattered since I replaced it with a quieter fan but it's the princple))

My only gripe with my CM690 is the power button, it is cheap plastic that broke after about a month, if they fixed that then the case is ideal for most.

Looking at the scanned pictures it seems that the power buttons are not the little flimsy silver things but are actual buttons on the top. They also have an on/off button for the front fan LED.

Ya the wait is killer :(

My only real issue is that CM is known to have some QC issues with it's various cases (take for example, my CM ATCS840, I had a faulty fan, reported it to CM, still no replacement (not that it mattered since I replaced it with a quieter fan but it's the princple))

I think once their factories ramp up, the consistency will be pretty good. I'd give CM a call, I called them once and I was surprised to find out they have USA based tech support. Not that India or the Philippines can't send me a spare part just as well, but its bonus to me.

I like it, ill probally get one if the price is right. I wish they would release a cosmos with a all black interior. Other than the black label, which was impossible to find.

Looks like a worthy replacement to the original CM690. Can't wait for this to come out.

cm690001qn2.jpg

Still one of the best cases of all time. :D

This case is very good looking, i saw while reading Maximum PC, it almost made me want to go back to cooler master. But then i remembered my CM 690 and how some of the panels didn't line up correctly, and how my cm stacker 830 came with cracks in the plexi glass and a bent hard drive rail in the 4 in 3 bay. Thats why i now buy either lian li or silverstone.

While I like my CM 690. I think I'll be looking for a quieter and less dust prone case and yea I heard mention of dust filters, but the outside of the case is a constant hassle to clean.

I think one of the consequences of having a high airflow design is dust. With alot of front mesh the dust is more obvious. I know that my brother's P180 has terrible airflow, it doesn't show the dust. Once you open the front door its really really dusty, but that's just a different design. I prefer the front mesh with dust filters.

My problem with the original 690 is the size, it is too small. I have one and upgraded to a Sniper because of the size. And then got the Corsair 800. The Sniper and 800 are much bigger and easier to work in. I like the 690 but it is not as good a case as the other two.

It looks bigger on the inside than looking outside to the inside. It should be the same size as the original CM 690 on the outside. CM has a tendency of making all of their chassis bigger than they seem.

I saw it in person at CM a couple months back and its awesome, it addressed all my original issues with the 690.

I have to admit I am intrigued by this case and thought the original case was amazing, I had two of them. I will not be switching from my current 800D though....different classes of product and a larger investment this time.

That top SATA dock is genius.

awesome, this way you don't need SATA docking system with USB connection, I'm sure this thing is plugged directly into the mobo's internal SATA port (=faster data transfer).

perhaps the bad thing is the SATA HDD won't' be removablle, since it looks like you'd have to turn off your PC to remove it.

awesome, this way you don't need SATA docking system with USB connection, I'm sure this thing is plugged directly into the mobo's internal SATA port (=faster data transfer).

perhaps the bad thing is the SATA HDD won't' be removablle, since it looks like you'd have to turn off your PC to remove it.
I'm quite sure it'll be seen as an eSATA connection....
That top SATA dock is genius.
/Twerd.

I don't think it's worth upgrading my CM690, but if I was looking for something new, this would be on the short list.

Very nice! I was just about to pull the trigger on a Storm Sniper Black Edition ... but I may have to wait for a verdict on the new 690. I like the aesthetics of this much better than the Sniper (which is a little pug ugly), but I have a feeling the Sniper Black Ed. will be a quieter and overall better case for a few more dollars. Of course, I'm basing this on specs and pics alone, so I could be way off base.

Is it up for sale anywhere yet?

I just saw it on Newegg shipping on Monday:
Newegg

Amazon has it on preorder, but I think based on my experiences they take a long time to ship.
Amazon

I put my order in first.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just saw it on Newegg shipping on Monday:
Newegg

Amazon has it on preorder, but I think based on my experiences they take a long time to ship.
Amazon

I put my order in first.

Thanks! I just order one :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I kindof wish Cooler Master would create a smaller version of this so my HTPC would match my Main PC. CM 690 Lite or something.

Im just disappointed I bought the original cm690 2 weeks ago before I knew this one was coming out.

Great case inside and out. I just wish they leave the side panel plain without the fans cutout (On both left and right panel) or make a windowed side panel.

They should have painted all the interior cables black to match the case.

Other than that, I love the vertical side slot thing for stuff like the esata/usb expansion brackets.

I received mine last night. I haven't started moving my system to it but I have completely disassembled it and am pretty pleased with it. If you have any specific questions about it let me know. The top hard drive dock is pretty cool. The exact width of a 3.5" hard drive so drives connect without problems.

Steve

Hey Steve, This case interest me, but I'm not like the lacking of 2 120mm fans in the front. Can you verify that the opening is just for one fan?

Can you completely removed the HD bays on the bottom? Or you have to leave the 2 top ones in?

Back