XFX 5870 409.99 shipped, 357.51 After Bing Cashback

Blackforge

Gawd
Just do a regular search bing.com for "tiger direct" and you should see a link for 12.8% cashback (browsing to the cashback stores will only display 8%). They're offering Free Shipping right now as well.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5252754&CatId=3669

409.99 - 12.8% BC (52.48) = 357.51

Merry Christmas bitches ;)

Edit: They raised the price by $10 to $419.99, but lowered the XXX edition by $10, so that one is running for $429.99 at the moment. *shrug*

Edit2: Back down to $409.99

Last edited:
what am I doing wrong here? I am only seeing 8%

Do a regular bing search for "tiger direct" and you'll see it in the Sponsored sites section above the search results usually. Do not go to the Shopping and look up the store.

This is definitely better deal than that person saying get it at $410 or $440 with no savings.

It should be noted that it's just back down to MSRPBPG...

(manuf sugg retail price before price gouging...)

Saddly you are very correct... But just a very few people lucked up enough to grab the early pickings. I know I tried but after the gouging it was just a no go for me. Now it's tempting again.

Out of curiosity, how long does Bing usually take to credit you? They credit the same account you used to make the purchase? I haven't used Bing yet.

60 days, I think? Although some etailers do quicker (or immediate) payouts, don't count on it. Soon after you order/product gets shipped, it should show in pending for the waiting period. Once that's up, it gets flagged as available...

The credit goes into the BCB account, and after you get at least $5 in your account you can cash it out...In the form of a paper check mailed to your mailing address, direct deposit into a linked bank account, or into a Paypal account.

I recently cashed out $51.90 in form of a check, and as I recall, it came quicker than anticipated (less than a week I think?). Paypal or direct deposit should be all but immediate after the waiting period.

Last edited:
If you seach Bing for "Tiger Direct Cashback" the first result takes you directly to the 12.8% TigerDirect.com page. I've been waiting for the Fermi cards before upgrading, but a 5870 for $358 is awfully tough to resist.

A steal at that price. The card is easily worth the $410, for $358 it's a no-brainer.

no werky for me, did at regular bing page

my fault, had to disable adblock plus

Last edited:
Oh, if you guys can get it.... try doing the Mastercard Overwhelming offers.

If you don't know go to

savings.mastercard.com

With an applicable credit or debit mastercard you can get cash back off purchases through an overwhelming offer. However, they only give out about 100 per day at NOON eastern standard time. This means you got to click fast. Today for example was $100 back for any Tigerdirect purchase of $199.99 or more. The deal states a "Wii" but you don't have to buy a Wii to get the cash back, just spend the pre-requisite amount. The other catch is the vendor is different each day typically, but Tigerdirect seems to come up often.

What this means? Well you get another $100 back on that 5870 making it $258.... hrmmm even a better deal.

I will state you have to be FAST to get a reservation for the daily overwhelming offer. As I said only 100 or so per day. Also, you have to click a button which takes you to a page where you must type in a CAPTCHA ... a randomly generated word.... and then hit submit after typing in the word correctly. Many people mess up on the typing part. This prevent automation from getting the reservation everyday.

I have done it twice so far, both from Tigerdirect for $100 back on a $200 purchase and $50 back on a $100 purchase. Worked both times so far.

The site says you must have a Mastercard debit card or pre-paid Mastercard to qualify. What's a pre-paid Mastercard?

Sometimes the tiger direct sponsored site up top will not show the cashback. Refreshing on your results page will sometimes get it to pop up. Clicking on the Shopping section on the results will also sometimes get it to pop up on the right hand side of the page.

The bing cashback is integrated into Tigerdirect's cart system. If you add something, it should show a bing cashback line in the cart. If you get the link to begin with that is...

If you're not seeing it in the cart, try a different browser and/or try clearing out your cookies, etc. I have been able to see it in both IE and Opera.

same here no cashback even afetr adding to cart...

Son of a b!tch I have no will power! I bit on this deal. That puts me to around $800 I've spent this month alone on deals I've bit on as a result of reading the [H]ot|DEALS thread. Madness I tell you, MADNESS !!!! :mad::mad::mad:

The site says you must have a Mastercard debit card or pre-paid Mastercard to qualify. What's a pre-paid Mastercard?

I believe that is a giftcard! :)

If I hadn't just purchased an N900, I would be all over this. I have a text out to a friend though since I have a TD $20 off coupon I need to use by end of year, this would be an awesome deal then!

Last edited:
Very tempting, but still not sure if I should bite.

Bing Cashback also makes the X25M a good buy too.

Bit. Was waiting for the 5850 to get back to a reasonable price. But $360 for this is sweet. Pity I just spent $800 on other PC components at newegg, when i could have got 12.8% cash back on everything with no taxes here in NY. Oh well, a GPU plus some cables is still decent.

This increase in 5870 availability better translate into more 5970s being available as well.

had to get in on this.....was waiting for amazon to ship my 5850 but looks like that wont happen anytime soon

Oh, if you guys can get it.... try doing the Mastercard Overwhelming offers.

If you don't know go to

savings.mastercard.com

With an applicable credit or debit mastercard you can get cash back off purchases through an overwhelming offer. However, they only give out about 100 per day at NOON eastern standard time. This means you got to click fast. Today for example was $100 back for any Tigerdirect purchase of $199.99 or more. The deal states a "Wii" but you don't have to buy a Wii to get the cash back, just spend the pre-requisite amount. The other catch is the vendor is different each day typically, but Tigerdirect seems to come up often.

What this means? Well you get another $100 back on that 5870 making it $258.... hrmmm even a better deal.

I will state you have to be FAST to get a reservation for the daily overwhelming offer. As I said only 100 or so per day. Also, you have to click a button which takes you to a page where you must type in a CAPTCHA ... a randomly generated word.... and then hit submit after typing in the word correctly. Many people mess up on the typing part. This prevent automation from getting the reservation everyday.

I have done it twice so far, both from Tigerdirect for $100 back on a $200 purchase and $50 back on a $100 purchase. Worked both times so far.

Sounds like a good way to save, but are you sure you can do it with a Mastercard credit card? Everything I'm reading on that site says you're eligible if you have a Mastercard debit card or a prepaid card...

Sounds like a good way to save, but are you sure you can do it with a Mastercard credit card? Everything I'm reading on that site says you're eligible if you have a Mastercard debit card or a prepaid card...
I couldn't use my MC card, either. It has to be an MC debit or MC gift card.

So want to jump on this, but cant justify the expense to upgrade from a gtx260. Bump for an amazing deal though.

So want to jump on this, but cant justify the expense to upgrade from a gtx260. Bump for an amazing deal though.

Ditto. Seems like I don't have enough time for games these days and the gtx 260 is still pretty good. I would definitely jump on a 5850 for $250 for eyefinity though.

Back