Tigerdirect Bing Cashback is 15% - Decent hard drive deals

FYI

Search "tigerdirect cashback" through Bing to see the link.

One good deal is the 1.5TB WD15EADS for $109 - 15% = $92.65 shipped

That's cheaper than Newegg's $109 - $5 coupon today

Unfortunately TD doesn't have any WD20EADS drives or else that would be hotter than the newegg code for those as well (which amounts to 10% off).

Newegg does, however, have some recertified WD20EADS drives for $159: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136506

Think I'll go buy one of those WD15EADS. Hard to find a seller that doesn't charge CA tax. Thanks. :)

So, are the WD15EADS drives reliable or not? The Newegg reviews scare me. Seems like the only reliable brand nowadays is Samsung, and it is difficult to find their 1.5TB drives in stock at a reasonable price.

Newegg reviews aren't the most accurate source of information.

I have three of the WD15EADS drives and several of the WD20EADS and none have failed on me yet.

The day after I order $170 worth of stuff from them. Figures. Oh well.

On orders of $100 or more, you can pay with ebillme and get a $25 mail in rebate from them.

The Panasonic 32" 1080P S1 series LCD for $425 shipped after 15% cashback.

Try to find a lower total price than that, especially one with an IPS-alpha panel ;)

I got a decent deal on a HP X510 home server (similar to the EX495), but 1TB vs 1.5TB. For $535. Not bad. I missed out on getting the EX490 from ebay for like $420, but this way I get a E5200 vs a celeron.

o man. Bing + eBillMe brings this to $68.49.......NO WAY am i gonna be able to resist this deal. wifey gonna kill me

When I click thru the banner suggested in the OP, I do not see the intermediary bing cashback window where it shows the percentage and my email address before passing me to the site. Isn't that where it establishes the cookie or whatever that triggers the cashback? If I don't see that window, does it still work?

If I go to the list of cashback stores on Bing, they list tigerdirect, and when I click it I DO see the intermediary window, but it's only 8% there.

Try using internet explorer. You should see a banner on the site. They even calculate the Bing cashback for you in your cart during checkout. MAKE SURE you click the link to claim your cash back, it's on the order confirm screen right after you place your order. Otherwise it might not show up and you'll have to email Bing or TD.

After searching bing, you should see this link:

2qdu3xw.png

After you add stuff to your cart, it should show the cashback amount.

2uf554i.png

So, are the WD15EADS drives reliable or not? The Newegg reviews scare me. Seems like the only reliable brand nowadays is Samsung, and it is difficult to find their 1.5TB drives in stock at a reasonable price.

My Samsung harddrive is the only I have ever had fail.

15% is pretty sweet. I'm going to pick up another 1TB Black and a 5850 or 5870...can't decide!

Sweet, been needing a deal to round off my raid:

Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Hard Drive ST31500341AS - 119.99
- 18.99 bcb
- 25 ebillme
= $76

My Samsung harddrive is the only I have ever had fail.

I used to LOVE Samsung drives. Quiet, inexpensive, and they stuck with 3-yr warranties when all the other big boys dropped down to a 1-year warranty.

At that time, I worked for a small OEM PC builder in the midwest. Between optical drives and hard drives, we probably did $100k/yr in Samsung products.

Their RMA process was easy. BUT, almost every drive that came back as a warranty replacement dropped like a rock 2-6 months later. I personally sold off all my Samsung drives. I just don't trust 'em.

Awol

so you dont have to go through the ebillme.com website to get the 25 dollar rebate? just use bing to get to tigerdirect for the 15% and then when you check out, use the ebillme feature to pay?

any idea how long this will last? i want to order but i might want to hold out until after new years to see some 2010 deals...

any idea how long this will last? i want to order but i might want to hold out until after new years to see some 2010 deals...
The higher percentages never seem to last long, and if anything retailers are known to jack their prices as Bing cashback goes up.

so you dont have to go through the ebillme.com website to get the 25 dollar rebate? just use bing to get to tigerdirect for the 15% and then when you check out, use the ebillme feature to pay?

Right. Just have to use your bank's website and send in the rebate form.

I picked up the Classified using this, $309 shipped after the 15% BCB and EVGA rebate. I saw the XFX HD5870 on there too and almost got it, $409 minus BCB puts it about $347 shipped, not bad. Thanks OP.

Bah...in the middle of my order, the CB changed to 8%....we'll if either party will give me the other 7%

Back