Samsung T240HD vs Other 24" Gaming Monitors (Input Lag)

Soodey

Limp Gawd
I placed the order on the T240HD on newegg since its on sale for $250. But reading around the input lag on the thing is supposed to be pretty ridiculous. I will be using this monitor primarily for gaming, so if its really that bad, then that's unacceptable. Is there anyone who has tried this monitor that plays fps competitively that could tell me how this thing felt? Is the delay noticeable? When people do the response time tests and tests for input lag, generally what's an acceptable result?

I'm considering canceling the order and going with the SAMSUNG 2433BW instead, but I feel stupid paying $50 more to get less features (none of the extra connections + TV playback) just to have reasonable response time.

I play fps pretty competitively so a response time of about 5 ms is fine (lower would be good) as long as it doesn't add all this extra input lag.

Any other 24" 1920 x 1200 monitors for gaming for about $300 that you guys would recommend? It seems that all the monitors that I'm looking at that are being recommended are discontinued.

Last edited:
I have the T260HD and no perceptible input lag at all, so the T240 should be OK in that respect.

Alright, so if I was looking for a 24" LCD with 1920x1200 resolution for about $300, what's the best choice right now? A TN panel is fine for my needs as I'd like to go cheaper with faster response anyways. Should I just wait until new models come out, because it seems like most of the current models are discontinued everywhere.

Last edited:
Alright, so if I was looking for a 24" LCD with 1920x1200 resolution for about $300, what's the best choice right now? A TN panel is fine for my needs as I'd like to go cheaper with faster response anyways. Should I just wait until new models come out, because it seems like most of the current models are discontinued everywhere.

In the same boat as you

Dito. Got two Hanns Gs from Costco. The only bad thing about it is the backlight bleed. Call me crazy but it is really bothering me.

Seems the 24 inch 1920x1200 options are becoming non existent...

I just sent back a t260hd today. It took about 10 seconds of l4d2 to notice serious input lag. the game wasn't playable.

stay away from if input lag is a big issue. the colors look like shit too, just fyi. :p

Back