Neon blues and greens w/5870

Dethred

2[H]4U
I have been trying to fix this for days, but I have been having overly-bright green and blue colors in every circumstance with my new XFX 5870 and 9.12 WHQL drivers. Its not an issue with my display, as my 8800GTS and previous cards didn't have this problem. Attempts to correct the color unbalance have been unsuccessful, and have thrown all the colors out of place.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

No, and I don't want to enter into ATi driver hell (MOM implementation) unless someone can pin it on these drivers (9.12 WHQL) specifically.

hmmm... maybe go the color panel in ccc and click the check box for 'let ati drivers manage colors' (or something close to that). mine were too bright and kind of washed out until I did that.. now they're great. there are some sliders for gama and other settings there if you want to tweak it manually.

I think we may be on to something here. Unfortunately, "Reactivate ATI color controls" is greyed out and unavailable. Any idea how to enable it?

I think we may be on to something here. Unfortunately, "Reactivate ATI color controls" is greyed out and unavailable. Any idea how to enable it?

There's a driver hotfix for 9.12 but, I'm not sure if that will make a difference for your color situation.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx

Anyways, how are you connected to your monitor/TV? HDMI or DVI? There are some different options available with each input.

When you go into Graphics -> Desktops & Displays -> (right click on display) Configure -> Avivo Color --

If you're using a DVI port:

Check if the "Use Extended Display ID Data box is checked or uncheck. I've got mine unchecked since it makes the colors look weird when checked. You can also mess with the Hue and Saturation there.

If you're using a HDMI port:

On the Attributes tab, try checking the "Enable ITC Processing" box. In the Avivo Color tab, you'll also have the Hue and Saturation adjustments like DVI does. Also, in the Pixel Format tab, you can try changing between the YCbCr and RGB formats to see if it makes a difference.

If you install the Avivo Video Convertor, you'll also get some more options like full Dynamic (Color) Range in the Graphics -> Avivo Video -> Advanced Color tabs. I tend to leave everything on "Use Application Settings" though.

Anyways, I'm thinking that since you said the 8800GTS was ok, Hue and Saturation should be able to scale back some of that neon effect.

Back