At last, so long Vista and Seagate, hello Win 7 and WD!

Freezebyte

2[H]4U
Allright, after putting up with Vista's little "traits" for the past year since building my new system, tonight im nuking it for good and installing Win 7 Home Premium 64bit on my machine with a spanking new WD 640gig AALS drive that i've been hearing alot of good things about, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319
Last week I had finally had it with the slow ass HDD thrashing continually making my computer lock up and act slow everytime I started to mulitask or load a large program or file. I'm sick of Vista's continual usage of my HDD even though im not doing anything on the system other then browsing the web and listening to music only to open up a new window and have the whole system freak out. I"m tired of having to constantly reboot 50% of the time because Vista refuses to POST properly no matter what i've tried. I've also nearly pulled my hair out from fustration in regards to Vista craptastic network and file transfer speeds. I did everything I could find and I could never get my nice gigabit network to my other XP machines to go past 20mbps and USB file transfers have been a joke since day one.

Not only that, but last July this stupid 500gig Seagate took a shit for no reason after I simply took it out of the case to move into a new one and I lost alot of personal data and information as a result and i've been dealing with noisy and slow refurbished unit form Seasuck. Even after suspending the drive it still clicks and grinds horribly. Hell, from day one i've been dissapointed in this 500gig model only to find out later that its one of Seagates "trouble" drives. Go figure....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288

With that said, anyone recommend some tips or suggestions to do for Win 7 to make it better/faster/smoother? I"m also not very familiar with all the new additons they added to Win 7, could someone direct me to a website so I could learn about all the neat stuff Win 7 does that Vista didn't?

Last edited:
Back