Global Agenda

Suck_My_Deck

[H]F Junkie
http://www.globalagendagame.com

Some friends and I picked up this game in the 4-pack steam is offering. Been playing the pre-release all weekend. So far it is pretty fun. Game ships with 4 classes (Recon, Engineer-type, Assault and Medic). Promises lots of PvP action in a persistent world where your "agency" (guild) vies for control of resources and bases against other agencies. Lots of RPG elements with the persistent world and character leveling. Looks to be a ton of fun. All the PvP/Territory Control elements of a game like EVE Online with First/Third Person shooter action.

If anyone's interested in playing we have an alliance going called Hard|Core with "Core" being the Agency name. We're all RPG/FPS junkies and know our way around. My in-game name is Stainless.

Played this through the beta and loved it. It is a very simple game to pick up and put down at your leisure. Just don't expect gigantic worlds full of exploration. That's not what this game is.

I'm somewhat interested in this, it just seems a big shallow...

I've noticed you can pay a monthly fee, or you can play for free. What exactly is the difference?

I'm somewhat interested in this, it just seems a big shallow...

I've noticed you can pay a monthly fee, or you can play for free. What exactly is the difference?

This is part of what you get with the sub: http://www.massively.com/2010/01/14/faq-that-all-about-global-agendas-conquest-mode/

In addition to that this shows the additional features you get as part of the sub as well as what you get if you don't sub: http://www.globalagendagame.com/TheGame_Conquest.html

So really, you need to buy the sub or you are only getting Team Fortress 2. ;)

That's not what this game is.

That's what MMOs need to be IMO. We have way too many games coming out limiting world exploration. Gamers need more Asheron's Call's or Everquests (Warcraft?) for these games to have any epic feel. Other than that, it doesn't really deserve the monthly fees. Come to think of it, is that not what the monthly fees were originally? To pay for servers to handle the loads of such large worlds? Sigh.

So really, you need to buy the sub or you are only getting Team Fortress 2. ;)

Actually you get way more than TF2. Last I checked TF2 doesn't have PvE, doesn't have auction houses, talent trees, levels, loot, vendors, currency, guilds(agencies), character customization. And TF2 doesn't host all the servers for a more consistent experience and bring everyone together on a single shard. All with no monthly fee.

And even if all you got was a straight up shooter like TF2 i'd still prefer GA for it's futuristic setting. Which is a mix of Tribes and TF2. Tribes being one of the greatest online shooters ever created.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, is that not what the monthly fees were originally? To pay for servers to handle the loads of such large worlds? Sigh.

Global Agenda hosts all the servers. And you are part of a single shard. So everyone can play together. So yeah, you are paying for the servers.

What I like about GA are the instances, I'm so over these zerg-fest battles where it becomes a slide show no matter your PC or the servers crash... The Conquest mode, at least in a video I saw on Massively, looks completely awesome...

I just wonder if there are vehicles? Do they plan on adding vehicles? I'd like to see a Planetside type game, with instances and this type of Conquest mode. However, my favorites times in PS were flying Reavers....

What I like about GA are the instances, I'm so over these zerg-fest battles where it becomes a slide show no matter your PC or the servers crash... The Conquest mode, at least in a video I saw on Massively, looks completely awesome...

I just wonder if there are vehicles? Do they plan on adding vehicles? I'd like to see a Planetside type game, with instances and this type of Conquest mode. However, my favorites times in PS were flying Reavers....

There are mechs in conquest mode. I don't really know beyond that. I'm sure they will be adding more in future updates.
They have a section on their forums called "Wouldn't it be cool...." where players post ideas and the devs respond.

I got all excited when I heard "mmofps" then when I heard "instanced 10v10" I started cursing out loud. Fuck that. We need 600 players fighting over a single base like in planetside at its prime.

I got all excited when I heard "mmofps" then when I heard "instanced 10v10" I started cursing out loud. Fuck that. We need 600 players fighting over a single base like in planetside at its prime.

That would be awesome. I heard Planetside 2 is in the making, hopefully it turns out good...

Indeed... Instanced games is not an MMOFPS...

It's an MMORPG but instead of spells and magic you use guns... lame...

Need Planetside 2.0 done by some company that won't let it go to shit 3 months after release.

I'm going to give Conquest a try tonight. Can't wait to see how it works.

I'll be keeping an eye on this game. I may try it out once I get back to the US.

That would be awesome. I heard Planetside 2 is in the making, hopefully it turns out good...

Yep, not an attempt to derail but I dont like the small scale fights either, if I wanted that i'd play TF2. I prefer the large scale battles like Planetside had, I hope planetside 2 comes quickly and sports even more players, 333 each for a total of 1k players would fucking epic :)

People forget that Planetside is still out. May only be one server but there are still battles going on. I just singed up for the trial and quickly found a battle.

And while in conquest the battles are 10v10 there are 6 simultaneous battles going on for the same base. Each and every one contribues to the map. It's all strategic and there is cross communication between the different teams. So while you aren't playing with 60v60 people at once there are 60v60 people working together. One team works to bring down a shield generator, when that's down another team is free to go in, another team takes down gun towers, etc. You get the idea. It's still pretty fun.

They are also slowly rolling out the game. There was briefly a boxed version at amazon and that was it. Everyone else has to get it from steam. I have a feeling they are stress testing their servers and at some point they will be able to add more people to the map and then you'll see boxed versions in the stores. They do have lots of plans for the future. But in the meantime i'm having a blast as is.

That's what MMOs need to be IMO. We have way too many games coming out limiting world exploration. Gamers need more Asheron's Call's or Everquests (Warcraft?) for these games to have any epic feel. Other than that, it doesn't really deserve the monthly fees. Come to think of it, is that not what the monthly fees were originally? To pay for servers to handle the loads of such large worlds? Sigh.
if there isn't any world exploration can someone explain how the game is like? is it like guild wars?? or is it like borderlands??
I was planning on getting it but if theres limited exploration and you just end up grinding levels or something at the same areas i dont think imma get this game

if there isn't any world exploration can someone explain how the game is like? is it like guild wars?? or is it like borderlands??
I was planning on getting it but if theres limited exploration and you just end up grinding levels or something at the same areas i dont think imma get this game

It's a shooter. You fight in maps. There is no open world, nothing to explore. You join a pvp or pve map. You can gain loot, craft, customize, gain levels, etc.
It's not grinding at all. I just play the game and the levels come. It's not like other MMO's at all. Though if I had to compare it is somewhat similar to guild wars. Never played borderlands so I can't comment on that. Some have said it's a mix of TF2 and Tribes. That's fairly accurate.
It has different modes of play. A no sub option which is similar to your typical online shooters but with alot more options. Then you have the sub version which gives you alliances(guilds), building bases and more large scale conquest options. It's also more persistant.

I've posted info and in posts above.

Here is a link to a developer diary on conquest http://www.massively.com/2010/01/29/global-agenda-video-developer-diary/

Last edited:
thanks for the link to the video, one question though. So what happens if my agency leaves an alliance?? how is the territory divided up?

People forget that Planetside is still out..

No, they don't. It sucks ass now. Half the players are chinese/russian and the pop is so low that it's hardly even an mmo.

The game died when the biffers came out and caused half of the population to leave overnight. It has been on minimal artificial life support ever since.

Also biffers are still in game, and they have made practically zero improvements on the game. It runs slower every single patch and the only new content has been shit.

Compare planetside to EVE... Both the same age, but EVE has (mostly) only gotten better, more popular, and more advanced. Planetside has been stagnant.

I'll also go ahead and point out that at its prime each server had such a distinct playstyle that they were practically different games. Now the only playstyle that remains is the chinese biffer outdoor standoff one.

I seriously doubt that planetside 2 will be any good, it will probably be much scaled back and more like betafield than planetside. I hope I am wrong, though. If they made it almost exactly like pre-biffer planetside but with a modern engine it would be amazing.

No, they don't. It sucks ass now. Half the players are chinese/russian and the pop is so low that it's hardly even an mmo.

The game died when the biffers came out and caused half of the population to leave overnight. It has been on minimal artificial life support ever since.

Also biffers are still in game, and they have made practically zero improvements on the game. It runs slower every single patch and the only new content has been shit.

Compare planetside to EVE... Both the same age, but EVE has (mostly) only gotten better, more popular, and more advanced. Planetside has been stagnant.

I'll also go ahead and point out that at its prime each server had such a distinct playstyle that they were practically different games. Now the only playstyle that remains is the chinese biffer outdoor standoff one.

I seriously doubt that planetside 2 will be any good, it will probably be much scaled back and more like betafield than planetside. I hope I am wrong, though. If they made it almost exactly like pre-biffer planetside but with a modern engine it would be amazing.

The players make the game. If everyone who remincised about the good ole days went back then the community would be there once again. Perhaps a free 2 play model. But they know what worked well and what didn't so hopefully they won't repeat their mistakes with planetside 2.

I have no idea what a "biffer" is so I can't comment on that. I didn't notice it running slower. Performance seemed very good to me. And I got right into some battles so it seemed good to me.

Last edited:
biffer = the big gay robots. Half of the game's population instantly left when they came out.

There is no reason for people to return. The game is almost completely without any GM support, there are tons of hackers that usually get bored long before they get banned. Or they get banned and just make a new trial account. And there is no hope of SOE improving the game by improving technical issues, improving the graphics, deploying new content etc.

is there a trial/demo for global agenda? I'm having connection problems right now so I can't see much of the site.

I was expecting this to be a big open world with quests and such but with third person combat. Its not that at all. While it has bits of team fortress and bits of MMOs, it really is whole different kinda game. It does feel shallow at first since epic equipment doesn't make as big of a difference as in other MMOs, and since you can't do things like single shot headshot kills. But all those compromises are there for a reason, and once you get used to the way Global Agenda does things, you'll find it really works out great! This game gets more and more fun the more I adapt to it's flavor. Can't recommend it enough. I'm MrDowntempo on there too. Say Hello if ya see me ;-)

PvE is fun. Its basically instant PUGS running through an instance. So far its all been teams of 4, I think they go upto 6 in the later levels. Its just your team running through a very linear map to get to a boss battle. There are enough maps and setpiece obstacles to keep it interesting though. Its really fun when the rest of the squad has VOIP too. PvE is the only way to get loot, so it is essential, not just a throw away add on. I do like the PvP better though, but thats just me.

EXTREMELY! I have played three matches since launch (I was a beta tester also) and I am still very competitive and have a great time. :p

That's cool.

I was thinking of getting this until I checked the system requirements and noticed the min RAM is 3 gigs for Win 7. :(

Back