AVP thoughts and impressions

Jhalf

Limp Gawd
I haven't downloaded the game and won't be able to until maybe this weekend, so i was wondering how it plays, how it looks, and how fun it is.

What are you're guys' thoughts?

It's freakin' awesome! O wait... it's still downloading. Steam rox - 1.3mb/s!

The game is pretty fun. I think all in all it's pretty fairly balanced. Though I do believe predator could have a bit more hp -- I haven't played enough to make a final judgement. All in all, the battles are small but they can be pretty intense.

I can upload a random one I made just for kicks. Don't judge me cause I was just running around to look at the environments :p

Can you play as the Marine in the demo? If so, does it scare you enough to make a little bit of pee come out?

They chose a very poor game mode to demo this game with. Who wants to play deathmatch? C'mon now.

This game looks like it has potential, but I'm not seeing it in this deathmatch mode.

Interface sucks. It's running at like 29 or 30 hz for me, very flickery. And 1920 is not full screen. Other than that. DM is fun, if not alittle unbalanced. And DX9 only... :rolleyes:

Doesnt' seem like you can connect to games in progress, they dont' even show up at all.

Also the demo is DX9 only, DX11 & tess will only be in full retail :(

i cant play because the game keeps minimizing itself within 10 seconds of rendering anything 3d (ie as soon as i join a map). this repeats until i time out. im about to choke a bitch :*(

wonder if they will patch it similar to the BC2 beta to fix these immediate issues

Not impressed. Feels like a 360 game ported to the PC. I'll just pick it up as a rental on 360 through Gamefly.

Not too impressed myself. Gotta give it more time, but the 50 hz thing is bs. And its not running full screen even though it's at 19x10 in the options??

in what way does it feel like a port? menu system? cursor/aiming?

sounds like it has a lot of bugs.. hopefully the final product will be fixed and not broken. Guess we'll find out on the 16th!

Menu, matchmaking, lack of configurable options, 50 hz bug, not running full screen. Just my opinion. Honestly based on this demo, I think Prey was more fun and also had a more intuitive look and alien feel. I still think in some ways Prey looks superior.

Last edited:
Great. Only reason I was interested in this was DX11... and it isn't even in the demo. Not surprised that the game feels like a console port. What did you expect?

Trying to join any game, but nothing is showing up. What the f?

The menu smells of consoles, but that's is what I expected.

game runs beautifully but it's just not that much fun.

marine = mega ez mode

Well, obviously Marine is going to be dominating at the moment since everyone knows how to play one. Point and shoot. Alien and Predator will take a few days till you see good ones.

edit: there will be dedicated servers for the retail game.

Well, obviously Marine is going to be dominating at the moment since everyone knows how to play one. Point and shoot. Alien and Predator will take a few days till you see good ones.

edit: there will be dedicated servers for the retail game.

Actually I found the Alien and Predator easier to play. The marine is at a serious disadvantage.

im glad theres a demo for this, now I can feel more confident cancelling my pre-order. Can't even connect to a decent game, if I could connect at all!

Demo feels like it was slapped together in five minutes and tossed out without any testing to make sure it works. Its a good thing they have already said the final game will have dedicated server support or else this demo would leave an even worse taste in people's mouths.

Back