FS HP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OEM Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

michty

Limp Gawd
I have 8 copies of HP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit upgrades. Each comes with an Microsoft certificate of authenticity sticker with an unused serial key.

I bought 14 laptops for the company I own and these were included in the upgrade program. We plan to buy enterprise licenses for all of our computers.

These are OEM from HP but I read online that they will work on any brand of computer as long as you have a qualifying OS for the upgrade. (vista 64bit) I've tried finding the link again and couldn't find it. They include two discs, one is an HP upgrade manager and that one only works on HP... the other is the Windows 7 Upgrade disc. Anyway if you don't have HP please only buy if you know these will work for you as I cannot give refunds on software because of the key/etc. If anyone finds a link to the forum where someone said they installed it on a dell please post.
ALL SOLD

Last edited:
well if they will work on something other than HP I will take 2

thanx

Well here is the thing... I saw a post online about it saying it will work on other brands but I need to verify it myself before I would say for sure and I don't have a non-HP machine to test it on that I want to wipe. I guess I will get hold of an extra laptop hard drive and load windows vista ult on it and see if I can upgrade with one of these on a dell. I'll post again after I do but it won't be today since the extra drives is at work.

Sorry, I'll have an answer tonight. I loaded vista ultimate x64 on my dell laptop and I'm going to upgrade it with one of these discs tonight. I have a feeling it will work fine given that the cd contents seem to be the same as my non-HP upgrade disc.

I now have 11 of them... just got four more but I have to use one to test.

I have a Dell OEM Vista Home Basic 32bit on my rig i believe.

If it can upgrade that, i would be interested in a copy myself.

thanks

You can upgrade 32bit to 32bit, 64 to 64... I have no idea about other configurations upgrading as I'm just testing a 64 to 64 bit upgrade on a dell. You'd have to wipe it to use a 64bit upgrade.

does this come with x32 version as well or just x64? I'm interested for 1 copy and if you can find out if this would work to any HP laptop or to any PC.. Thanks!

This is only the x64 Ultimate version. The only thing I'm testing is that if you have Vista x64 ultimate on another brand (I am only testing Dell but if it works there it should technically work on any other brand as well) you can use this to upgrade as I don't plan on testing this on all sorts of machines or versions.

It works just fine on a Dell... I upgraded Vista Ultimate 64bit on my dell with this disk. I also researched it online and found others than have installed it on other hardware as well.

http://superuser.com/questions/81162/hp-windows-7-upgrade-can-i-use-it-on-a-non-hp-computer

I guess these are up for sale now. PM me new PMs if you still want copies... tell me how many copies. I only shipped to confirmed paypal addresses (sorry but I've been burned by those unconfirmed).

We can likely ship tomorrow.

I want to state that I obviously cannot guarantee anything regarding these disks and there are no refunds given I'm sending you a COA. That being said I was successful installing it and it looks as if it should install on any hardware. I have no idea if you can use this if you're running 32 bit Vista so I want to be upfront about all this before you buy.

Thanks all!

Payment sent for 2 copies :). This deal came just in time since my RC is gonna start shutting down every 2 hours in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

I have one left and we are going to the PO after work... so if someone wants it shipped today let me know.

the only pm I got from you was the one saying you sent me a pm and didn't hear from me....

so I guess the last one is spoken for, oh well, just a question though for future reference, can you install this over the 64bit windows 7 RC...?

No idea... as I said in my previous posts I only tested this Vista 64bit to this version...

so I guess the last one is spoken for, oh well, just a question though for future reference, can you install this over the 64bit windows 7 RC...?

You don't have to install it over top of the RC. I'm in the same situation. I know it's possible to just activate the RC with a retail/OEM key, I've seen the instructions for it online somewhere, you just need to look it up. But I'm gonna do a fresh install now anyways cuz I have a nice SSD I'll be installing this copy to.

You don't have to install it over top of the RC. I'm in the same situation. I know it's possible to just activate the RC with a retail/OEM key, I've seen the instructions for it online somewhere, you just need to look it up. But I'm gonna do a fresh install now anyways cuz I have a nice SSD I'll be installing this copy to.

are you sure...? this is the upgrade, it will try to detect an OS with a valid key before it installs, won't it...?

I read online that if you have a clean drive you can install the version on the upgrade disk and then install it again over the original and during activation it thinks it's upgraded itself... not sure if it's true. Also no idea on the RC thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back