Thumbs up XFX

MJZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I asked XFX (via their Support Ticket system) if they carried long 100mm crossfire bridges.

One guy said no.

I said OK, thanks for trying.

Another guy said actually, Guy #1 is wrong, XFX does carry them and we will send you one.

I said Cool, can I have 2?

He said 2x causes problems and he is mailing me one (or two - unclear, we'll see when it comes?). According to XFX, only use 1 bridge for 2 cards in Xfire, and 2 bridges for 3 cards etc.

Either way, if you have a Classified or similar board with XFX cards, you will not need to resort to buying an Asus extra long bridge. Hope those Ebay effers burn in hell (hoarding 100mm bridges and selling them for ~$20).

Thumbs to XFX :)

Last edited:
The interesting part is that more than one tech responds to your support questions, and within 24 hours. You can get different answers, as you see in this case, that is a good thing!

I asked XFX (via their Support Ticket system) if they carried long 100mm crossfire bridges.

One guy said no.

I said OK, thanks for trying.

Another guy said yes -> we will send you one.

I said Cool, can I have 2?

He said 2x causes problems and he is mailing me one (or two - unclear, we'll see when it comes?). According to XFX, only use 1 bridge for 2 cards in Xfire, and 2 bridges for 3 cards etc.

Either way, if you have a Classified or similar board with XFX cards, you will not need to resort to buying an Asus extra long bridge. Hope those Ebay effers burn in hell (hoarding 100mm bridges and selling them for ~$20).

Thumbs to XFX :)

When I swapped over to XFX 5870s from my 285s, there were no long Crossfire bridges except those you could buy from ASUS.

I emailed XFX and asked the same question and I was told they only carried the dinky ones everyone else had. In fact one guy told me the Crossfire bridge was the motherboard manufacturers problem......heh.......he must have been working with nvidia cards way too long.

Anyway, this was I guess in October when the 5870s were released. I emailed back and sent XFX a link to the long crossfire connectors from ASUS.
I told them I had the Classified board and needed those longer connectors......all I got was a "gee whiz" you're out of luck.

Looks like you struck it right. Tell them I said hello.

By the way.............I use two Crossfire Bridges for my two 5870s and they work just fine that way.

I needed a CF cable for my second 4850...XFX has me one on the way today. They were very helpful. XFX for life!....unless they do something really crappy.

Glad they got it sorted for you.

The two crossfire bridges on two cards is still funny though. I see people doing it that way but for why i don't understand.

Well to be honest, I like EVGA just as much... and would buy their cards instead if they made currently competitive cards... just to match the cards to my board.

EVGA needs to partner up with ATI. They sure dont have any new (fermi), or old (gtx 260, 275s), video cards for sale anymore. Except the low end 200s series.

Evga needs to get their head out of the sand and allow warranty transfers. As that stops most people from buying something evga second hand. Most will say, yes i will help you if it has a problem. Then when you do have a problem they either don't help or you find out they wasn't the original owner like posted.

I need to call xfx, thanks for reminding me with the thread.

Before I switched the my ATI card I had an Nvidia 280 GTX from EVGA, it arrived new but had over heating issues (it had to be one of the first batch of cards since that was a known problem a few months earlier).

EVGA's Advanced RMA was easy and all went well, now the card is faithfully serving another [H] member, but I went with XFX this time around, since it seems there as close as I will ever get to having a near or equal EVGA experience on the ATI side.

Long story short, I am not sweating it, though I didn't know that crossfire cables came from your cards manufacturer... I know my motherboard only came with SLI (though it supports both)...

For those who had XFX hook them up with a crossfire cable, did you need any proof of an existing second card? Or do you just have to ask?

I intend to get a second 5870 in the next month or two and I would rather have the cable in hand before the card. I don't need a $380 door stopper for a week or so. :p

Before I switched the my ATI card I had an Nvidia 280 GTX from EVGA, it arrived new but had over heating issues (it had to be one of the first batch of cards since that was a known problem a few months earlier).

EVGA's Advanced RMA was easy and all went well, now the card is faithfully serving another [H] member, but I went with XFX this time around, since it seems there as close as I will ever get to having a near or equal EVGA experience on the ATI side.

Long story short, I am not sweating it, though I didn't know that crossfire cables came from your cards manufacturer... I know my motherboard only came with SLI (though it supports both)...

For those who had XFX hook them up with a crossfire cable, did you need any proof of an existing second card? Or do you just have to ask?

I intend to get a second 5870 in the next month or two and I would rather have the cable in hand before the card. I don't need a $380 door stopper for a week or so. :p

If all you need is a normal "short" crossfire cable, that comes in the box with the GPU.
If you just need one of those and don't have one, let me know, I have several.

If you need a long (100mm) cable, you'll have to buy one from ASUS on their estore or ask XFX if they indeed have them.

As for proof, you register your cards on their site when you buy them to gain the lifetime warranty, so that should be all the proof they need.

I sent in a ticket, linking this thread, to XFX asking for one of the long Crossfire bridges; I haven't gotten a return message yet. When I do I'll let you know what they said....and if they indeed have said long Crossfire connector. Like I said in my first post, I asked this same question when the 5870 was released and XFX had no clue what I was talking about......maybe they picked some long bridges up from somewhere.....I'm surprised they aren't included with the GPUs as lots of people have Classified type MBs now.

If all you need is a normal "short" crossfire cable, that comes in the box with the GPU.
If you just need one of those and don't have one, let me know, I have several.

If you need a long (100mm) cable, you'll have to buy one from ASUS on their estore or ask XFX if they indeed have them.

As for proof, you register your cards on their site when you buy them to gain the lifetime warranty, so that should be all the proof they need.

I sent in a ticket, linking this thread, to XFX asking for one of the long Crossfire bridges; I haven't gotten a return message yet. When I do I'll let you know what they said....and if they indeed have said long Crossfire connector. Like I said in my first post, I asked this same question when the 5870 was released and XFX had no clue what I was talking about......maybe they picked some long bridges up from somewhere.....I'm surprised they aren't included with the GPUs as lots of people have Classified type MBs now.

Perfect answer. I'll have to check my box once I get home from work. I'm running out of things to upgrade at this point and I'm loving my 5870 so I may not be able to stop this itch to get another. :)

I got an answer back on my support ticket.

The guy said they "might" have a couple around, and would send one out if he could find it.

I'll post back in if this is so, with a picture.

Cudos to XFX for at least trying and getting back to me in short order.:D

My 100mm cable came, yay. It's all black with an XFX logo on it, not the crappy gold colored usual CF cable :).

They don't sell these as an accessory

As far as I know, XFX has never even HAD any 100mm CF bridges until just lately, let alone sold them extra.

I have not seen MSI sell a 100mm CF bridge either.

XFX indeed is the best.

Got my bridge in the mail yesterday, took only 2 days from the email.

Lookie here:

DSC_0508.jpg

As advertised.
Thanks XFX.:D

I need one, too, and no way am I paying the extortionist prices on ebay...XFX keeps acting like they don't have any. Screw them...

The long Crossfire bridges are really a godsend. I had problems with overheating when I had my 5970s smudged up against each other because the air couldn't reach the top card's fan intake.

Spacing them further apart and using the long bridge solved the problem! Thanks again to SKL1 for sending me the bridge! This is why I love the [H]. :)

Glad that XFX is supporting their customers. I did want to get an XFX 5970, but they just were not in stock when I was looking. Still I've got two of the beauts, so I'm not complaining. :cool:

The long Crossfire bridges are really a godsend. I had problems with overheating when I had my 5970s smudged up against each other because the air couldn't reach the top card's fan intake.

Spacing them further apart and using the long bridge solved the problem! Thanks again to SKL1 for sending me the bridge! This is why I love the [H]. :)

Glad that XFX is supporting their customers. I did want to get an XFX 5970, but they just were not in stock when I was looking. Still I've got two of the beauts, so I'm not complaining. :cool:

Yeah, this is a very scary yet enviable image. The top card should just be on fire at this point.
imageviews.jpg

Yeah, this is a very scary yet enviable image. The top card should just be on fire at this point.
imageviews.jpg

LOL, yeah, I was about to say, DUDE that looks like my computer!
I was actually SCARED to play with my computer with the video cards that way cos the temps were so bad.
Here's how the setup looks in my rig now with proper air spacing and an extended Crossfire bridge.

103_6349.jpg

my XFX 7800GTX has always been really bad at OCing compared to what you'd expect from eVGA or BFG. (I did kind of cheap out by getting them when the 7800 launched, since they were $30+ less than eVGA or BFG.) Maybe a bad apple, but it kind of spoiled my liking for them....

It seems they're the company to go to for ATI cards, which is what I'll be getting next, so we'll see.

I wasn't as lucky.

Message History
[ 3/8/2010 3:19:32 AM] The Xfire bridge that came with my card is too short. I`ve been told that you have 100mm crossfire bridges. If you could send me one I`d appreciate it. Thanks.
[MARK_C 3/10/2010 4:55:51 PM] Hello John, We no longer have 100mm Crossfire bridges. The standard bridges fit all boards that use the standard spacing for Crossfire. Any motherboard manufacturer`s that use nonstandard spacing should have bridges to fit their boards. Thank you. Mark
[ 3/10/2010 6:39:51 PM] I have an EVGA x58 SLI LE. It supports Crossfire but doesn`t even come with crossfire bridges. This thread at hardocp says you have them: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1496907 here is a picture: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/electricnachos/DSC_0508.jpg This was posted on 02-19-2010 you`re telling me between that time and now you have stopped making 100mm crossfire bridges? that was what...19 days ago? Can you double check please?
[RYAN 3/11/2010 10:35:58 PM] Hi John, We don’t make the bride ourselves and I am having trouble sourcing more. I hope to have more availed in the further but it looks like it will be some time before that happens. Take care, Ryan
[ 3/12/2010 11:14:04 AM] Well crap. Thanks for trying. I know its not really your fault. this is on EVGA because they make nvidia cards and would rather I buy that.
[ERIK_A 3/15/2010 6:51:33 PM] Hi John, Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. - Erik
[BRIAN 3/15/2010 6:51:39 PM] Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks, Brian.
[ 3/16/2010 9:37:48 PM] Will do. Thanks again for trying. You can close this now or whatever. =(

I wasn't as lucky.

Message History
[ 3/8/2010 3:19:32 AM] The Xfire bridge that came with my card is too short. I`ve been told that you have 100mm crossfire bridges. If you could send me one I`d appreciate it. Thanks.
[MARK_C 3/10/2010 4:55:51 PM] Hello John, We no longer have 100mm Crossfire bridges. The standard bridges fit all boards that use the standard spacing for Crossfire. Any motherboard manufacturer`s that use nonstandard spacing should have bridges to fit their boards. Thank you. Mark
[ 3/10/2010 6:39:51 PM] I have an EVGA x58 SLI LE. It supports Crossfire but doesn`t even come with crossfire bridges. This thread at hardocp says you have them: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1496907 here is a picture: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/electricnachos/DSC_0508.jpg This was posted on 02-19-2010 you`re telling me between that time and now you have stopped making 100mm crossfire bridges? that was what...19 days ago? Can you double check please?
[RYAN 3/11/2010 10:35:58 PM] Hi John, We don’t make the bride ourselves and I am having trouble sourcing more. I hope to have more availed in the further but it looks like it will be some time before that happens. Take care, Ryan
[ 3/12/2010 11:14:04 AM] Well crap. Thanks for trying. I know its not really your fault. this is on EVGA because they make nvidia cards and would rather I buy that.
[ERIK_A 3/15/2010 6:51:33 PM] Hi John, Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. - Erik
[BRIAN 3/15/2010 6:51:39 PM] Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks, Brian.
[ 3/16/2010 9:37:48 PM] Will do. Thanks again for trying. You can close this now or whatever. =(

Stock issue - wait a while and ask again, they can't do anything if the supplier isn't making enough.

EVGA needs to partner up with ATI. They sure dont have any new (fermi), or old (gtx 260, 275s), video cards for sale anymore. Except the low end 200s series.

They try I think last year or so. But AMD turn them down saying AMD needs to be loyal to their vendors who stuck by with them during the hard 3-series days and ya-da ya-da w/e.

But then shortly after they accepted XFX? But whatever. That is the short story.

I have heard good and bad things about XFX customer support, but based on this thread they sound pretty good.

So I can get $40 for both of mine that came with my X58i board? ;)

Back