NVIDIA Forceware 196.75 Drivers Made Available For Download

Hopefully these won't have the problems that have plagued the past several releases...

Yeah... I'll wait and make sure this release doesn't kill my 280's vram like the 191.07's did.
Nvidia can create CUDA from the ground up but can't figure out how to throttle a fan in the drivers.

Two different teams I guess ;)

I'm guessing NVIDIA is getting hammered. I can't get them to download.

Site is giving me errors if I try to search for anything. Too bad clicking on the Win7 drivers doesn't give the option for mobile drivers :(

So far Bad Company is crushing this 295. Anytime I get in a vehicle the frame rate drops in half.

On the first single player mission I can't even get the FPS above 45.

great i just installed the previous driver yesterday while doign a whole driver sweep. time to do that agin :)

Any fix for the DPC Latency on some notebooks?

Also, Wonder if the the 2xx.xx series will offer anything major?

These drives seem to work well with my 8800 GTS (G92) SLI setup in BC2. I'm running it at 1920x1080 and it seems smooth to me.

Still getting 30-40FPS with Bad Company 2 at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out including 16AA, 16AF on my 275 GTX on my i7 rig, not impressed at all. I thought EA games were optimized with NVIDIA cards? Kinda wish I didn't sell my 4870x2.

The stuttering in FO3 that was claimed to be fix in the last WHQL release is still not fixed in these.

Still getting 30-40FPS with Bad Company 2 at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out including 16AA, 16AF on my 275 GTX on my i7 rig, not impressed at all. I thought EA games were optimized with NVIDIA cards? Kinda wish I didn't sell my 4870x2.

I'm running it at 1920x1080, 2xAA and 4AF. It still looks fantastic and runs smooth. I didn't bother testing the frame rate because I'll start being obsessed over it.

Oops. I started the same thread. I didn't see this thread. My apologies. Anyone else notice there's a listing for 300 series cards?

Oops. I started the same thread. I didn't see this thread. My apologies. Anyone else notice there's a listing for 300 series cards?
there have been 300 series cards for a while. they are usually OEM and most are just re branded 200 series and earlier cards.

Is this drivers "rock solid" for folding like its previous version (195.62)?

I don't know if it's just because of the final build improvements in BC2, the new driver, or both, but performance is ridiculous in that game now! 32 player server, complete chaos on screen, and stable in the 60-100fps range with 2x GTX 280's.

I don't know if it's just because of the final build improvements in BC2, the new driver, or both, but performance is ridiculous in that game now! 32 player server, complete chaos on screen, and stable in the 60-100fps range with 2x GTX 280's.

Do you get any random FPS degradation while in tanks? My FPS is like yours with a 295, but when ever I'm in a tank gunning or driving my FPS will some times fall to 20.

Thanks,

I'm running it at 1920x1080, 2xAA and 4AF. It still looks fantastic and runs smooth. I didn't bother testing the frame rate because I'll start being obsessed over it.

I busted out Fraps and seem to be getting between 30 to 70 FPS with the settings above and everything else on high in BC2. I'm very happy with the performance of my 8800GTS G92 SLI setup. It's still hanging in there.

Do you get any random FPS degradation while in tanks? My FPS is like yours with a 295, but when ever I'm in a tank gunning or driving my FPS will some times fall to 20.

Thanks,

Haven't noticed any FPS drops in tanks myself, but I'll see what FRAPS has to say about it next time I'm driving one.

Performance wise good drivers, but some people, myself including, have the old bug back where the card isn't throttling down to 2D after a 3D app, resulting in increased idle temps and power draw.

Performance wise good drivers, but some people, myself including, have the old bug back where the card isn't throttling down to 2D after a 3D app, resulting in increased idle temps and power draw.

I dunno, they do downclock on my sli setup. ALthough the temp readout IS weird, while they do not seem to be hotter than usual, EVGA precision shows +15~20C more than usual but when I'm touching the waterblock (I'm watercooling them) it's rather cool, as usual :confused: Might be related to sleep, I put computer to sleep a couple of times

I dunno, they do downclock on my sli setup. ALthough the temp readout IS weird, while they do not seem to be hotter than usual, EVGA precision shows +15~20C more than usual but when I'm touching the waterblock (I'm watercooling them) it's rather cool, as usual :confused: Might be related to sleep, I put computer to sleep a couple of times

I noticed the same thing, EVGA Precision is reporting way hotter temperatures than usual. What used to top out at 70C is now reading up to 90C. At that point I alt-tabbed to Precision and cranked my GPU fan up to 100%, never seen numbers like that.

lol your running 16x AA/AF at 1920x1080 on a single GTX 275 and your complaining? also what AA are you running? CSAA or Q CSAA, or MSAA?

It seems the fan control is broken in these drivers causing NVidia to remove the drivers from their site.
It's best to remove the 196.75 from your system and revert back to the last release.

- Source

- NVidia forum

It seems the fan control is broken in these drivers causing NVidia to remove the drivers from their site.
It's best to remove the 196.75 from your system and revert back to the last release.

- Source

- NVidia forum

the fan controller has been broken for a long ass time and yet they still havent fixed it.. so there has to be another excuse for them to pull the drivers that they arent saying..

Eh funny that no other driver has gotten news of a broken fan controller then ?

I've been using these drivers since they came out, no problems with fans. They spool up as they need to when using a graphics-intensive program. I even did some testing in Crysis after hearing about this issue, and the fans ramped up to keep the GPUs at no higher than about 85C, well within normal range. So my guess is this doesn't affect all users.

I busted out Fraps and seem to be getting between 30 to 70 FPS with the settings above and everything else on high in BC2. I'm very happy with the performance of my 8800GTS G92 SLI setup. It's still hanging in there.

What are your other settings at? I'm running 1440x900 with everything on medium and low shadows, no aa/af on my 2x 8800gt sli setup and am playing in the low 40's to mid 30's on average during intense combat....

The weird part is: the drivers can't control fans in my setup (watercooled) and yet my videocard did get hotter in one instance (running 65C instead of regular 45C), although even under load, the delta was still good (around 5C in 15 min of furmark). However, didn't see that occurring again... but I'm watching the temps.

Bug only affects systems if they have RmThermalProviderInfo and/or RmThermalProviderNum regkeys, if you delete them things seem to work as normal. Probably why it doesn't affect everyone or why it wasn't caught earlier on.

when you exit the game it stays in the system/background, the game is still running after i installed this driver

i have to go to taskmanager and delete it by choosing end task on that game.

Last edited:
Back