26" 16:10 Asus VW266H monitor for $233 shipped AR + 15% Bing Cashback at Tiger Direct

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Edit: Sold out for now, but if you're seriously interested then try again some time later.

By the way, Tiger's and CompUsa's sister site = CircuitCity, which has 15% Bing cashback going right now, Use the method i posted below except use the keyword circuitcity to get the 15% banner to show up, refresh a few times if you don't see it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: The original deal is not quite as hot with Tiger's cashback sitting at 8.3% right now, but purchase it at Tiger's sister site CompUsa.com and get 12.5% cashback instead. The final price after rebates and cashback would be $241.26 which is still a mega hot deal imho.

Follow these instructions to get 12.5% cashback at CompUsa.com:

- Go to Bing.com and type in "Comp Usa" and click enter.

- On the next page look for the 12.5% CompUsa cashback banner ad and click it. Refresh the page a few times if you don't see it.

- Once you're at the CompUsa website, navigate over to the Asus VW266H and add it to your cart.

- You should see the 12.5% discount posted in your shopping cart.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original (expired) deal

As the title states, the price is after both mail in rebate and Bing cashback discounts.

Instructions to get 15% cashback at Tiger direct:

- Go to Bing.com and type in "tiger direct" and click enter.

- On the next page look for the 15% Tiger cashback banner ad and click it.

- Once you're on Tiger's website, navigate over to the Asus VW266H and add it to your cart.

- You should see the 15% discount posted in your shopping cart.

Last edited:
Good deal, I just got this one for around $250 after the MIR. Nice monitor, gigantic, a little backlight bleed around the top and bottom but nothing serious. Took a bit of adjustment to get the colors/contrast right, but it looks pretty good now. No dead pixels or anything, so I'm happy. :)

I prefer the Dell 2209wa panels. Sure, the Asus is big, and it gives higher resolution, but the color and grainyness with the large dot pitch is pretty bad. The vw266h seems washed out and has a blue hue that I can't get rid of.

Overall, I wish I hadn't bought the vw266h. I'd much rather have a smaller higher quality lcd. My Nec as-ips 20wmgx2 is 10x better looking than the vw266h.

Well, yeah, if you get a smaller display with a similar resolution, of course it's going to look sharper. The point of this display is that it's 26", does 1920x1200 (most do 1080 max these days), and is an excellent price for what you get (HDMI, 2ms, etc). I set my colors to what someone suggested (can't remember if it was on the [H] or not) and it looks perfectly fine to me. No blue tint that I can see, but then again, color on TN panels has never bothered me.

Well, yeah, if you get a smaller display with a similar resolution, of course it's going to look sharper. The point of this display is that it's 26", does 1920x1200 (most do 1080 max these days), and is an excellent price for what you get (HDMI, 2ms, etc). I set my colors to what someone suggested (can't remember if it was on the [H] or not) and it looks perfectly fine to me. No blue tint that I can see, but then again, color on TN panels has never bothered me.

+1

I love my Asus - great bang for the buck LCD.

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd one now that the price has dropped.

Hint for those who are getting in on this deal. I heard people were having problems getting bcb with TD, so try to take screen shots along the way.

+1

I love my Asus - great bang for the buck LCD.

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd one now that the price has dropped.

+1

I bought it when it was $350 AR. Still the best purchase I've made. This is definitely tempting.

doesnt seem to have any VESA mounting holes, you stuck with just the regular stand then?

I seem not to be able to find the %15 off link. Sorry if I am blind but I have tried a few times. Maybe I am just missing it somehow.

damn, forking over 309 right off the bat is whats keeping me from pushing the button.....

I seem not to be able to find the %15 off link. Sorry if I am blind but I have tried a few times. Maybe I am just missing it somehow.

Try using internet explorer and turning off any add blocking. 15% showed up for me using ie8 but not firefox.

Try using internet explorer and turning off any add blocking. 15% showed up for me using ie8 but not firefox.
I just tried typing in "tiger direct" and it worked in Firefox, with Firefox's adblocker turned off of course ;)

Bump

Tiger Direct's cashback is now at 8.3%, but CompUsa's cashback is at 12.5% right now, which means you can still get the monitor for around $241 shipped after discounts.

I edited the original post and provided new details and instructions.

jumped on this. i figure i can sell my current 21.5" acer for at least $100 and have a nice upgrade for about $150.

I just tried again and still showing me needing to pay shipping?
That's odd, i just took it down to the last checkout page and it's still shows free shipping for me (NJ zip code).

Must be something wrong, because $100 is steep for a shipping charge, sure you don't have other stuff in your cart, or multiples? I just tried adding two of them to my cart and they jacked shipping to $39, which means a person would have to purchase these one by one.

Not that it'll help but have you tried ordering from a different PC ? Or cleared all your cache/cookies? Do you live in the lower 48 states?

That is what it was... Was trying to add 2 and i guess shipping to AZ for 2 of them is 100... thats a lot lol

I've been looking to buy a Samsung T260HD. I don't want 1080, I want 1200 lines of resolution. The T260HD is also a 26" monitor, but about $100 more. I wonder how this monitors quality stacks up to the Samsung (that is a pretty high bar to reach)?

I should mention that I bought my son a ASUS VH236H 23" LCD for Xmas and I HATE the way text looks on certain parts of that screen. If I scroll up or down in a webpage, the area stays blurry looking, while the text will clear up as it moves away from that spot. Has anyone had any similar experiences with that problem on this Asus monitor?

-Thanks, Ken

I've been looking to buy a Samsung T260HD. I don't want 1080, I want 1200 lines of resolution. The T260HD is also a 26" monitor, but about $100 more. I wonder how this monitors quality stacks up to the Samsung (that is a pretty high bar to reach)?

I should mention that I bought my son a ASUS VH236H 23" LCD for Xmas and I HATE the way text looks on certain parts of that screen. If I scroll up or down in a webpage, the area stays blurry looking, while the text will clear up as it moves away from that spot. Has anyone had any similar experiences with that problem on this Asus monitor?

-Thanks, Ken
That's not normal, and definitely a defect. It should have been returned right away imho.

That Samsung is also a TN panel if i'm not mistaken, not sure how much better it would be than the Asus.

holy shit this monitor is BADASS. i came from a 22" acer 1080p to this 26" @ 1920x1200. the extra 4 inches makes a world of difference.

-Thanks, Ken

I can't really speak for the T260HD, but my friend has the T240HD and I have the Asus VW266H (the one being discussed in this thread) and personally I haven't noticed much of a difference in terms of visual quality. The Samsung has a TV tuner, I believe, so if that's something that is important to you, you could get that. Both are great monitors, but I think the price on the Asus is a lot better.

How does this monitor compare to the 28" I-Inc/Hanns.G displays? Every inch counts towards the wow factor IMO. But if the Asus is that much better, it may be something to consider.

How does this monitor compare to the 28" I-Inc/Hanns.G displays? Every inch counts towards the wow factor IMO. But if the Asus is that much better, it may be something to consider.

I haven't used the 28" Hanns-G, but one thing I consider is that this 26" display is a good medium between a 24" and a 28"+. With a 24" at this resolution, the dot pitch is a lot lower and it's sharper, but you don't get the same "wow" factor that the extra inches give you. With 28" (and again, I can't say for sure) I feel like the dot pitch at that resolution would be too high.

HDTVs can get away with 1080p and a huge screen because you're sitting so far away from them. With a monitor I feel like it's important to have a pretty tight dot pitch, and based on my experience with this 26", I don't think I'd want to get anything larger.

Just my 2 cents regarding size. Can't say anything for the quality of the Hanns-G, but the Asus looks great to me.

I've had this ASUS for about a year and have really enjoyed it. I'm really thinking about getting two more and trying out eyefinity with it but I just don't want to spend the money right now. The only problem I've had was one bad pixel when I first got it but it doesn't bother me because it's in an obscure place.

I can't really speak for the T260HD, but my friend has the T240HD and I have the Asus VW266H (the one being discussed in this thread) and personally I haven't noticed much of a difference in terms of visual quality. The Samsung has a TV tuner, I believe, so if that's something that is important to you, you could get that. Both are great monitors, but I think the price on the Asus is a lot better.

I own both the 26" Asus and 24" samsung T240HD. my dad owns the T260HD. I personally like the asus better. I think it has a better picture. I have the T240HD for my son because I thought it would be better to use as a tv/monitor. The speakers are better on the samsung, but still suck. depending on what you are viewing, I think the Asus definately has a better picture or at least viewing angle is a lot better which provides a better picture depending on where you sit in conjunction with the monitor.
Depending on what you can find for deals, I would recommend the Asus first and Samsung second. Really depends on actual needs/use.

Samsung being a tv comes with remote, and if I recall the Asus has better input options

Back