Two Worlds 2 now January 2011 for NA

I was really looking forward to playing this next week. :mad: Oh well, Gothic 4 comes out in two weeks.

Sorry, there's plenty of interest and I'm not worried about the overblown piracy FUD talking points, either. The same people were going to pirate this thing no matter what come hell or high water anyways.

I'm amazed considering what a nightmare part one was just how much interest and buzz there's been about this. I'm amazed at how interested I've been in it. ;)

What puzzles me is: If this is a QC related delay, then how's come the WHOLE line isn't being held back and only the Americans are apparently getting the delay shaft here? What's that about?

, SouthPeak announced today that the sequel to the 2007 original will now arrive in North America in January. SouthPeak indicated that the game's release in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand is still scheduled for this year.

So either everyone else is going to get buggy rubbish that doesn't need extra QC or something else is afoot here. ;)

"We understand that this is not great news for those of you eager for an October release, and we can understand that you might feel that our European cousins' potentially getting the game before you is frustrating to say the least," the publisher said. "However, there's a reason for everything, and although we feel that the game is truly at 'AAA' level…we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it launches in the North American market."

You folks in those other countries feel insulted by that by any chance? ;)

The whole thing make me quite puzzled at this point.

First announced as an expansion pack in 2007, Two Worlds II was initially scheduled for an early 2008 release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. However, the fantasy role-playing game then picked up full sequel status, as well as multiple delays.

That's troubling.

Reality Pump has made use of the extended development time to make substantial updates to its fantasy RPG universe. Most notably, the developer has built an entirely new game engine designed to enhance atmospheric gameplay and visual fidelity. The new engine includes support for motion-capture animation and dynamic lighting.

That's fine but what about actual gameplay?

I'll be eager to see the folks outside of America get into this thing and tear it apart good, bad, and ugly. Youtube videos, footage, and reviews galore.

I guess they get to be the guinea pigs and beta testers for the Americans. That's sure what that looks like to me anyways. ;)

Last edited:
I might agree with you on the piracy point, but honestly I think there will be a group of people who won't wait 6 months and $50 to play a game the rest of the world is playing. I'm not sure how large this group of people actually is, but it's speculation anyway.

The game is finished and printed, they've stated it clearly several times, which makes their reasoning that much more puzzling. As releases go, this one makes little sense to me, even if their reasoning is actually the launches of Fallout Vegas and Gothic 4, then they are assuming there will be few AAA holiday titles and people will be willing to shell out $$$ after the holiday spending splurge (namely Christmas and New Year's).

That quote about "AAA polish" reminds me of the Disciplies III release in Europe

Game was still buggy at the NA release... but at least it was playable.

The game is finished and printed, they've stated it clearly several times, which makes their reasoning that much more puzzling. As releases go, this one makes little sense to me, even if their reasoning is actually the launches of Fallout Vegas and Gothic 4, then they are assuming there will be few AAA holiday titles and people will be willing to shell out $$$ after the holiday spending splurge (namely Christmas and New Year's).

Yeah, but aren't all those AAA titles coming out in other parts of the world at more or less the same time, too?

The whole thing doesn't make sense at this rate.

Between gothic and new vegas, no way was I going to be playing Two Worlds anytime soon. In the dark days of January, this will be nice.

I'll be checking up on this game for sure, I was never a fan of the fallout series (over-rated), this actually looks like fun!

This game looks cool. I've been looking for something to play and haven't really gotten interested in anything till I saw this.

Well if it truly needs polish, im willing to wait. I definitely want to give it a try as it looks fascinating.

I want this to be good.

It could be a "smart/good" delay. January is a good spot.

Think I'm going to buy this. This thread has info on how to get the download EU version in english.

Game is getting good reviews and user feedback.

I've seen some incredible footage of this title at Utube - how did the developer create the animations? Something new is going on there. The animations are eerily fluid.

Just can't make myself feel confident enough in it. Will be also waiting for reviews, feedback, etc.

I've actually heard good things so far. Some people who are getting it not so legit have been saying it is twice as good as the original. Though, like many, I will be waiting for reviews to see if I want to buy it.

Especially after playing Gothic 4, and it being my game of the year, easily, I just don't give a damn what people say about certain titles. That area around Tooshoo was one of the most amazing levels I've ever played in a game. Even as I was playing it, I wanted to slow down, and take in every minute.

This sucks. I have zero interest in Fallout New Vegas or Gothic 4, which are presumably the reasons for the delay. Looks like Europe is still on for a 2010 launch, expect rampant North American piracy, what a ridiculous move.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6279853.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

Heh...well it's already out on the torrent sites. I blogged about digital release dates being inexcusible in this day and age and it just leading to piracy, although I don't know about whether this is available through digital distribution or not, it's still a crazy move to delay one area from having it by 6 months.

With games available for free due to piracy, often mere hours after official releases, you cannot afford to be screwing one country or territory over with delayed releases because if gamers want that game badly enough they'll turn to piracy just to get it early.

Damn! I like what I see! Music sounds great, too. I hope I can get a soundtrack of that.

Dennis: I take it you preferred using a controller to play this since I see Xbox 360 button icons?

I think I might be back on the bandwagon for this.

The game is so beautiful that exploration is its own reward!

video proof - be sure to watch in 720p

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ON0Yi4yU8

I'm impressed. I have to say my concerns about this title are starting to fade away fairly quickly.

I don't know if you saw my question above about controller vs KBM. It seems like you prefer controller since I see controller button icons. Am I right about that?

very nice. I am quite tempted to do the whole gamersgate proxy thing so i can play it.

I'm impressed. I have to say my concerns about this title are starting to fade away fairly quickly.

I don't know if you saw my question above about controller vs KBM. It seems like you prefer controller since I see controller button icons. Am I right about that?

Yes I much prefer playing third-person games like this, Assassins Creed 2 and GTA IV with the 360 controller. The support is native and there is rumble as well.

Assassination video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsBTt0lVy0

Any feedback out there about the performance?
I assume the PC version will be another port, which means the quality can vary...

Any feedback out there about the performance?
I assume the PC version will be another port, which means the quality can vary...

I am running the game at 2560x1600 with all settings maximum on a single ATI 4870 1GB GPU (CrossFire is broken) and getting 25-35 fps.

It baffles me how a person can enjoy the experience of playing a game they stole. That would ruin it for me.

I like what people are doing through Gamersgate though.

I am running the game at 2560x1600 with all settings maximum on a single ATI 4870 1GB GPU (CrossFire is broken) and getting 25-35 fps.
Are you from the FUTURE?
How are you playing a game that doesn't release for two months?

I kid, I kid.

Are you from the FUTURE?
How are you playing a game that doesn't release for two months?

I kid, I kid.

The game was available for me on November 9th on GamersGate where I bought it (EU release).

It can be purchased in NA from GamersGate by using a proxy.

The game was available for me on November 9th on GamersGate where I bought it (EU release).

It can be purchased in NA from GamersGate by using a proxy.

Roger that, I think I may look into snagging this game. I always wanted to play the first but man did it look rushed and it got poor reviews. To be honest I'm kind of excited about all of these ERPGs this generation. Its a fresh feel to a western style, but its not the same feel as most north American RPGs.

edit. I'm not from Europe.

This might be a cool title for the Christmas holiday.

I would've held out on this, but kotaku has reported that the developer out and out lied when it said that the game is being polished. The developer has stated that the game is done, and that this was a marketing decision, as not to put the game in competition with other titles.

Ya know...

People here are going to say that that's a dumb decision. But when Gothic 4 was released alongside New Vegas people said that this was a stupid thing to do.

Anyhow, this proxy thing looks like a neat trick, and I like tricks a lot.

Those of you who want to buy this outside of the EU

1) go here http://www.german-proxy.de/ and enter this http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/.

2) register a username and go to your email and verify your account

3) re-enter Gamersgate via the proxy and purchase Two Worlds Two via pay pal. You will be sent back to the proxy site.

4) go to your email, and a link will be waiting for you, saying that you need to complete the transaction.

That's it.

Last edited:
Oh my god, you'll never guess what just happened. I tripped over the carpet on my way back to my pc and when I reached out to brace myself against the impact I accidentally hit the keyboard and mouse and completed all of those steps above. Just... wow.

Ah well, it's a holiday here in Canada, so this might be a cool thing for the long weekend.

Jesus, I'm in RPG nirvana, between Two Worlds 2, Gothic 4, New Vegas, and the Divinity 2 upgrade. Where in the name of Socrates am I going to find the time for all this?

Oh my god, you'll never guess what just happened. I tripped over the carpet on my way back to my pc and when I reached out to brace myself against the impact I accidentally hit the keyboard and mouse and completed all of those steps above. Just... wow.

Ah well, it's a holiday here in Canada, so this might be a cool thing for the long weekend.

Jesus, I'm in RPG nirvana, between Two Worlds 2, Gothic 4, New Vegas, and the Divinity 2 upgrade. Where in the name of Socrates am I going to find the time for all this?

Heh, my wallet can wait. They all do look interesting. For now I'm happy just playing one of those. What are you going to play tonight?

Wabe you crack me up :)

Heh, my wallet can wait. They all do look interesting. For now I'm happy just playing one of those. What are you going to play tonight?

That's the problem. What to play? I'm conflicted most of the time. I sometimes feel like I'm betraying a game when I stop playing it too early.

But honestly, it baffles me how anybody can say there aren't any titles to play. I mean, Jesus.

I purchased it before I went to bed last night - download was going @ 200kb/s- That;s faster then I expected.

Hope it finished, I'm looking forward to playing when I get home :D

Game feels sloppy and clunky.
Dialog is lame, the voice actors are bad, story so far is bland (I don't really know what's going on). They introduce a character (who I thought was important) and then the game kills him about 30 seconds later. I'm not kidding, 30 seconds.

Interface is difficult to navigate, it feels very undeveloped and tacky. "Right click --> Dismantle" will give me carpeltunnel after doing it 100 times over and over.
Same for "Right Click --> Craft" 100 times over and over. Inventory icons/descriptions are vague, the inventory is huge (visually, not capacity). Could have used a more compact one, the icons are giant, I don't even know why they felt the need to make it so obtrusive.

Opening containers and especially lockpicking takes way longer than it needs to. Lockpicking is too easy, not even challenging, and the animations/openers/closers take forever. It takes 20-30 seconds just to get into a box.

The best part about this game is the visuals. Looks great and exploring is fun.
Your toon is a pussy and the slightest fall will take half your HP.

The hud notification for "Item you can open/pickup" alert has a very small hitbox, the jump/open/use button is the SAME button.
You try to open a box and your toon just hops around half the time.

Sprint/Sneak is also the same button, you have to cease movement to sneak.
Sneaking suffers from the Far Cry bug; unless directly behind a mob, they will see you. Always.

Combat is alright, if you are button mashing (you probably are) then blocking/countering is damn near impossible.
Haven't messed with arrows/spells though.

Toon talks like Batman, it's very annoying, and he talks all the time.
"Don't say I didn't warn you!" you will hear this a million times. He even talks while sneaking up behind a mob. wtf?

Mostly just things that need to be POLISHED.
The talking, interface navigation, looting, etc. It feels like the devs didn't even play the game. It's not buggy, it's just not user friendly.

It's Oblivion with better graphics. Everything else is worse.
Get a high-res HD texture pack for Oblivion and play that instead.

Last edited:
Back