HIS Radeon 6850 1GB $139.50 Ebay shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
How likely is that you are buying stolen video cards?

Doesnt it seem like its too good to be true or legit?

The guy has really good prices, so low that yeah, I think it might be stolen... and its ebay so if he gets roped (if its theft lol)/takes your cash, ebay doesn't care and you're SOL believe vme

And why make a new thread if "its back"? Just bump the old thread in case it has useful info in other old posts regarding the topic/item :D

Reading his feedback on ebay alot of the comments state that the item was directly shipped from Newegg. I wonder what kind of deal he has going on.

According to his eBay feedback, these GPUs and CPUs that he's selling are being shipped directly from Newegg. I'm guessing that he lists items up on eBay, and when someone buys it, he orders it from Newegg with a stolen CC and has it shipped to the buyer to save time. Very shady stuff.

This guy is the Robin Hood of video cards.
Well, maybe worse.

edit;
By the way he's been doing this for something like 2+ weeks, and people here at HardForum are getting the cards.

According to his eBay feedback, these GPUs and CPUs that he's selling are being shipped directly from Newegg. I'm guessing that he lists items up on eBay, and when someone buys it, he orders it from Newegg with a stolen CC and has it shipped to the buyer to save time. Very shady stuff.

that or the guy has a reseller account with newegg & is just playing middleman for a small profit.

It's got a $15 MIR on it at newegg. If you can still snag the MIR, that's a rediculous deal on a 6850.

By no means count on that....

the guy already got narced out by a member on here, the fact that he had to pull all his auctions off ebay, and settle stuff with newegg because of a jerk on a forum should indicate that he is indeed legit.

I hope no one got caught up in that nonsense and that it didn't hurt the guys business too much. I also wish I hadn't bought my second one from the guy that has them for 142.95 and bought it from this guy again, just to support his business.

the guy already got narced out by a member on here, the fact that he had to pull all his auctions off ebay, and settle stuff with newegg because of a jerk on a forum should indicate that he is indeed legit.

I hope no one got caught up in that nonsense and that it didn't hurt the guys business too much. I also wish I hadn't bought my second one from the guy that has them for 142.95 and bought it from this guy again, just to support his business.

I do not understand what you mean? he is legit but had to pull all his auctions from ebay?

his account got suspended by newegg pending Newegg trying to figure out what he was doing, since he doesn't keep stock on hand and ships direct from newegg he had to stop all his ebay auctions till he got it sorted out with them. I think He was down about 3-4 days.

I think what you can take from his prices is that the margins on 6850s are pretty awesome for vendors at 180 bux.

and what exactly is he doing? Does he just have a reseller's discount from newegg and just resells it with a very small profit?

he said he was a reseller, but if newegg doesn't have a problem with what he is doing, then neither should any one else. I don't understand why people can't just be happy for a good deal instead of trying to make him out as a criminal. another guy is selling them for a comparable price, and other brands like MSI are running rebates right now that bring the price down to the same price, so it's not far fetched at all to think this is legit.

Last edited:
i understand why stealthy, its b/c one person cries scam/thief etc and everybody gets their panties in a twist

You all need to not be so skeptical of nothing in particular. He has great feedback, and multiple forum members including myself have received the same GPU with no problem whatsoever.

As a matter of fact, I even paid $0.45 more. :(

Just kidding. :)

I'm not going to speculate on the seller. All I know is I bought my card for $140 and he shipped it same day. 2 day blazing fast shipping. Just got it today from NewEgg and the card is freakin' awesome.

Replaced a dying 8800GTS.

Would this be a nice upgrade from a 4870 512mb? I was going to go for a 6870 but at this price it's hard to pass up.

To be honest that little 4870 has been one of the best cards i've owned. It still does a great job on alot of newer games but is just now showing it's age.

I want to make sure it's replacement goes above and beyond in performance but isn't too much for the E8400 to handle.

Any word on whether you can still apply for the $15 newegg rebate if you buy from him?

To be honest that little 4870 has been one of the best cards i've owned. It still does a great job on alot of newer games but is just now showing it's age.

I want to make sure it's replacement goes above and beyond in performance but isn't too much for the E8400 to handle.

Almost 50% faster. It's sound profile is benign in idle, and when I game with open cans, my systems noise doesn't enter my conscious awareness.

Any word on whether you can still apply for the $15 newegg rebate if you buy from him?

The paper that comes with the order is a packing slip. I asked him to give me a copy of the invoice for future reference in case I need to RMA, and he told me I could just deal with HIS without it(read: not very willing to give me the invoice.)

Fair enough, I'm gonna assume that he's sending in the rebate then. So this is $15 cheaper than buying from newegg with the rebate

Took a chance...with my luck someone will bitch to someone and fuck it away for everyone somehow...freaking haters are everywhere :)

I upgraded from an overclocked like hell 4850, everything looks prettier, I don't know why but everything just looks better with the 6850. I game at 1600x1200 and can turn up the AA to 4x or more and the aniso to 16x while putting everything else on the highest possible settings. I couldn't do that before, I don't know if it's the extra ram or the GPU improvements but I am so happy I bought another one for crossfire, and I decided to buy a new monitor that does 1920x1200 for games and high def movies. I didn't really need to upgrade, but I just couldn't pass up another one after I was so pleased with the first. I run it on a phenom 2 unlocked to an x4 @3.5 I think. not sure how that compares to an e8400, but my cpu is far from fast compared to the new intel stuff.

Last edited:
Would this be a nice upgrade from a 4870 512mb? I was going to go for a 6870 but at this price it's hard to pass up.

Mine overclocked to 950/1150. I'm not sure how that compares to a 6870 but damn, it overclocked high with stock voltage.

OK, I bit ( buyer protection FTW... I hope that I don't need it!) From what folks are saying here I should probably notice a bit better performance than I get from my 8800GT

OK, I bit ( buyer protection FTW... I hope that I don't need it!) From what folks are saying here I should probably notice a bit better performance than I get from my 8800GT
8800GT to 6850 is over double the frame rates.

All I hope is that BF2:BC2 runs without the graphical anomalies - tearing, streaking, like I over OC'd it - that the present card has - I'll tell you that I got my money out of the card, but since I'm expanding beyond WoW, the card is really showing it's age.

Haven't notice any. I've been gaming on it at 5292x1050 albeit low settings. Feels smoother than my CF 5770 at the same settings. I actually have a better avg fps with this card. And vsync enable finally. No more tearing.

in for 1 for a future project

I'm thinking Silverstone SG07 mini ITX with Core i7 2500k

not $140 worth imo.. the 4890 is close to the 5830. the 5830 is close to the 5850. the 5850 is 10-20% better than the 6850.

Yeah, I'd say it isn't worth it as well. This 6850 is probably 10-20% faster than your 4890 and uses less power, but for the price difference you wouldn't see much improvement.

I'm holding off upgrading my 5770, which is a bit slower than your 4890.

edit: around 4 people beat me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back