Server Pulling 10 IPs From Router

greengolftee87

Limp Gawd
Like the title says. My server has a static IP address yet it seems to be pulling an IP per minute according to my router. Any idea whats going on here?

Server Name: Shuffleboard

dXfdy.png

might be a connection problem, the server is losing the connection or not holding the settings and keeps requesting a new IP.

Thanks for the quick reply. This server has a static ip though, so even with a lost connection it should not be requesting a dhcp address

Its home built. MSI motherboad, Quad core AMD II 3.0Ghz. onboard realtek NIC. 4 GB RAM

If i remove the leases they always return

Do you have routing and remote access configured (or whatever it's called in 2008)? It can be configured to pull a range of addresses for handing out to clients which connect to it..

Riley

Do you have routing and remote access configured (or whatever it's called in 2008)? It can be configured to pull a range of addresses for handing out to clients which connect to it..

Check this. If not, what other software do you have running on the box?

do you have the pc configured with a static address in the windows configuration or is it configured as static on the router?

Riley

YES! this is it. I VPN'd into my network and verified the address I got was one leased by the server. So to stop this from happening I either need to make the range of address the server hands out, outside of my routers DHCP range, or let the router handle the addressing.

I couldnt find anywhere to specify the range but I did add my router to the list under DHCP Relay Agent. Is this how it should be set up?

YES! this is it. I VPN'd into my network and verified the address I got was one leased by the server. So to stop this from happening I either need to make the range of address the server hands out, outside of my routers DHCP range, or let the router handle the addressing.

I couldnt find anywhere to specify the range but I did add my router to the list under DHCP Relay Agent. Is this how it should be set up?

It's not necessarily a "bad" thing, but more personal preference. It's configured to pull from DHCP because it can be relatively sure those addresses aren't going to be used by anything else.

I'm pretty sure you can either setup a traditional DHCP relay or hand out a range of statically assigned addresses.

Riley

Back