Tapatalk support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has already been discussed, I did search on it before, but I never found any real answer as to why this hasn't been considered. I was hoping to find that [H]forums would be on the supported list for this app but was shocked to find that it wasn't.

After doing a bit of digging it appears to be a free plugin for server admins to install. I know there's a mobile site, but as far as making things easier to navigate, read, and just in general sort through tapatalk is by far better than any mobile forum that I've run across (not bashing on [H]mobile, I just haven't found one that's as useful yet as tapatalk).

Please consider it, this is really where things seem to be moving in the mobile forum area and it (shouldn't) be a huge commitment as far as installing and getting the server-side stuff running.

Kyle, other admins, your input is definitely appreciated... I'm sorry for re-asking this question but it was never clearly explained why this isn't (won't?) be supported in the previous threads.

Yes, I know, new member, 1st post. I created this account after years of browsing these forums (particularly the FS forum) and finally ended up making a purchase so I created one. I've used [H]forums for ever but never posted :/

Right, that was actually one of the threads I previously ran across in my search. Pretty much all I got from it was

There is nothing wrong with our mobile version. Sorry if you do not like it. We are not going install the latest fly by night bullshit plugin that everyone thinks is a must every couple of weeks.

6 months later and it's picked up tremendous steam.

I guess I had a few questions which weren't clearly conveyed in the previous post.

1. It's been turned down in the past, will it be considered in the future?
2. If not, is there any specific reason why not other than extreme pride in the mobile site?

I'm really not trying to pester you guys or incite something, I just wanted to see if this plugin could be reconsidered.

I have no authority on the matter, but the answer on previous plug in support has always been no.

your quoted text was posted by Kyle ,and I doubt his mind has changed.

Right, that was actually one of the threads I previously ran across in my search. Pretty much all I got from it was

6 months later and it's picked up tremendous steam.

I guess I had a few questions which weren't clearly conveyed in the previous post.

1. It's been turned down in the past, will it be considered in the future?
2. If not, is there any specific reason why not other than extreme pride in the mobile site?

I'm really not trying to pester you guys or incite something, I just wanted to see if this plugin could be reconsidered.

Keep in mind that security is also a concern. Everytime something like that is added, it becomes one step easier to for a hacker to break in.

I personally find tapatalk annoying, and browsing the [H] forums using the full blown, non-mobile forum style on my G2 is a breeze. I just don't think it's worth the effort, and then there are always security concerns.

I have yet to have anyone tell me anything that it is "better." No one has found enough reason yet to convince me of why it is better. Blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back