1090T @ Microcenter / Newegg... $199! Free MB at microcenter!

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
I know the promo is old, but I didn't know that the 1090T was down to $199 & still came with free Board.

Is there a better $199 deal around these days?

Link

You can also pick up the Gigabyte 890FX board for $190-$40-$30 MIR for ~ $120.

not bad :). these get me a decent amount of seti points. can't complain :)

This explains why I couldnt sell my 1090t for $180 used lol. Thats a good deal in my eyes!

The i5 2500k is $179 at Microcenter, which kind of makes the 1090t irrelevant for anyone who doesn't already own an AM3 board.

Price drop is recent, last week they were still $229 and the 1100 was $269. The 1100 is now $239.

I bought one last week from Amazon with the $30 gift card for basically the same price. But I do have to redeem the gift card to get to $199. Would have gone this route if it had been available.

The i5 2500k is $179 at Microcenter, which kind of makes the 1090t irrelevant for anyone who doesn't already own an AM3 board.

I find my 1090t to be plenty adequate for gaming. I also have a 2600k and don't feel like there is a benefit to having one or the other. Theyre both good chips, just depends on what appeals to you and what you already have!

Hm, and how much does a board cost?

Choice 1:
1090T + free board $199

Choice 2:
2500k for $179 + $100'ish board with known faulty chipset, no vt-d and only 4 cores instead of 6.

Hmm.....decisions decisions...

Not anymore. SB MB's are no longer being sold as of yesterday (except in FS sections and Ebay). I am pretty sure MC pulled their SB chips also since they did not have the MB's. Newegg also did this as well as a few other retailers.

OT - Nice deal considering you get the MB free.

i saw microcenter selling sandy bridge mobos and chips this morning. as of right now i stll see the cpu's but have not checked for mobos

Hm, and how much does a board cost?

Choice 1:
1090T + free board $199

Choice 2:
2500k for $179 + $100'ish board with known faulty chipset, no vt-d and only 4 cores instead of 6.

Hmm.....decisions decisions...
I'll work the extra few hours at work to be able to afford the sandy bridge.

Hmm, any idea if this deal is going away soon? I see a few good combos there. Might could buy one to use until SB gets fixed, then use it to build my parents a PC and pick up the new shines for myself.

Man I wish I had a MC. I would get the free mobo then I would use the 1090t in my main rig and put my 955 in the free mobo and use that as my media center instead of my old 939.

I find my 1090t to be plenty adequate for gaming. I also have a 2600k and don't feel like there is a benefit to having one or the other. Theyre both good chips, just depends on what appeals to you and what you already have!

I'm not saying that the 1090t or its siblings are bad for gaming. In fact, I now wish I had gone AMD rather than Intel in 2008 so I could actually buy a worthwhile CPU upgrade. But for someone building a new computer (which we LGA 775-using saps have to do), Sandy Bridge is a much better option than anything AMD has to offer.

Not anymore. SB MB's are no longer being sold as of yesterday (except in FS sections and Ebay). I am pretty sure MC pulled their SB chips also since they did not have the MB's. Newegg also did this as well as a few other retailers.

OT - Nice deal considering you get the MB free.

I'd hop on this and skip SB and upgrade to a 990FX down the road and then upgrade to Bulldozer. I didn't, but if I were to do it again, waiting for Bulldozer doesn't seem like a bad idea now with the nightmare's (that I have yet to encounter) Intel is having right now.

Wish microcenter were a wee bit closer than almost 3 hours away depending on traffic and construction.

How are you getting that price for the mobo??

Go to microcenter.com

Put "890FX" in the search box.

Note mobo price and add to card.

Put 1090T in the search box

add to cart

Check out cart total...for me it now lists the mobo at $149.99 and it has a $20 MIR to make it $129.99

Back