NSA Phone-Record Destruction Halt Won by Privacy Group

HardOCP News

[H] News
If this judge suddenly disappears, I think we'll all know what happened. :D

The National Security Agency was blocked by a judge from carrying out plans tomorrow to begin destroying phone records collected for surveillance after a privacy group argued they are relevant to lawsuits claiming the practice is unconstitutional.

"We are not collecting your data.".............shit they found out.

"We are not collecting any data beyond the most necessary to maintain national security." Damn, they caught us again.

"OK, we're collecting data across the globe, but we're not actually looking at it or anything. Just the bad old terrorist phone records."

Alright guys, every time we spin some bullshit we end up getting caught. Just pretend to burn the whole damn data base and see if they'll shut up and move on.

"We are not collecting any data beyond the most necessary to maintain national security." Damn, they caught us again.

"OK, we're collecting data across the globe, but we're not actually looking at it or anything. Just the bad old terrorist phone records."

Alright guys, every time we spin some bullshit we end up getting caught. Just pretend to burn the whole damn data base and see if they'll shut up and move on.

That was so well written and funny. Well done! I actually laughed quite a bit and shared it with others.

"So Sorry America... We want to delete the data, but we were told we had to hold on to it from a Judge!" Let's see if they buy this one... We all know the lawsuits will go nowhere and now we HAVE to keep the metadata... Mwwuuuahahahahaha

Ah, I see you work for the government. Sounds exactly like discussions in their offices. :)

The NSA probably sued themselves so they were "forced" to keep the data.

That was so well written and funny. Well done! I actually laughed quite a bit and shared it with others.

It is a little funny, but it isn't remotely true.

okay
Wyden: "I hope we can do this in just a yes or no answer, because I know Sen. Feinstein wants to move on. Last summer, the NSA director (Keith Alexander) was at a conference and he was asked a question about the NSA surveillance of Americans. He replied, and I quote here, ‘The story that we have millions, or hundreds of millions, of dossiers on people is completely false.’ The reason I’m asking the question is, having served on the committee now for a dozens years, I don’t really know what a dossier is in this context. So, what I wanted to see if you could give me a yes or no answer to the question: Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?"

Clapper: "No, sir."

Wyden: "It does not?"

Clapper: "Not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly."

Wyden: "All right. Thank you. I’ll have additional questions to give you in writing on that point, but I thank you for the answer."

Back