Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs

HardOCP News

[H] News
The minimum PC specs for Watch Dogs has been posted online. Overall it looks like folks running lower-end hardware will still be able to run the game. No word on max specs but the post does say very high settings are "REALLY stunning."

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
  • 6GB RAM
  • 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
  • Soundcard
  • DirectX9
  • 25 GB HDD space

DirectX 11
rikerwtf.jpg

Does this confirm that the game will look like console turd?

Isn't it running on a variation of the Assassin's Creed engine?

make it any more low end and we might as well use our phones to play it. (they'd probably be dumb enough to try to pull that out of their ass since your main tool to hack everything is in fact a phone)

The videos I saw way back when were stunning -- latest videos, not so much.

Its another one of those titles that used to be a day one/full price purchase, but are now just a "meh" if I feel like it, purchase.

We need a dr. evil meme with pinky finger:

"next gen" title Watch Dogs PC port will require

one MEELION megabytes of VRAM.

I need more RAM. Then again, this is an ubisoft game so probably half of that RAM will be dedicated to operating the extremely invasive Uplay in the background at all times.

I need more RAM. Then again, this is an ubisoft game so probably half of that RAM will be dedicated to operating the extremely invasive Uplay in the background at all times.

Uplay doesn't seems any more invasive than Steam or Origin to me. It's just a download client with a social overlay and integrated achievement system.

yeah fuck that. I have everything but the cpu speed. 2ghz quad amd won't cut it.

I hope it will at least do 640x480 :D

I'm not sure what's up with the DX9 minimum, either. I read somewhere else DX11 was mandatory.

On a sad note, my video card is the ONLY thing that meets minimum specs, and only because I recently upgraded it. The game looks flipping awesome, and I was looking forward to trying it out, but I won't even be able to run it without a massive system overhaul. Already priced out some parts at around $400, so I might just give it a miss for a year, and upgrade the system over that time.

Back