Doctors Using Google Glass To Identify Patients

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is kind of a cool use for Google Glass.

Patients have been intrigued by Google Glass, but no one has expressed a concern about them. Boston is home to many techies and a few patients asked detailed questions about the technology. The bright orange pair of Glass we have been testing is as subtle as a neon hunter's vest, so it was hard to miss.

Just the other day in another thread I mentioned that uses would be found and Google Glass won't necessarily be "creepy". It is just a matter of time before people find uses for it and eventually becomes common place in which people start to accept technology like this and will eventually be no more creepy than a Bluetooth earpiece. Only thing I see here that may or may not be of concern would be the person having to wear them for an extended period of time.

Just the other day in another thread I mentioned that uses would be found and Google Glass won't necessarily be "creepy". It is just a matter of time before people find uses for it and eventually becomes common place in which people start to accept technology like this and will eventually be no more creepy than a Bluetooth earpiece. Only thing I see here that may or may not be of concern would be the person having to wear them for an extended period of time.

Sorry, no.

See... in the workplace for an intended use, they can be non-creepy. Doctors? They are already invading your privacy by poking and prodding you. My mechanic wants to wear them while working on the car? fine. The military wants combat huds? Fine. That's different than having some 3rd party record me everywhere incidentally. Just like if you like wearing your studed leather codpiece and nothing else in the bedroom, fine. AT the S&M party? Fine. When you come to the library book club meeting? Probably not so much. While you are my waiter at a restaurant? Hell no.

You don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy while in public places.

Wait until the thugs in uniforms around the world start using these things. That would be the day I'll move to the most remote location and stay there. This stuff is beyond creepy.

I prefer my doctor not wear Google Glass when he is telling me to turn my head and cough.

Back