Facebook Rolling Out ‘Premium Video Ads’

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently not enough people complained about those annoying ads in your news feed. The company plans to roll out the "premium" video ads over the next few months.

Premium Video Ads are designed for advertisers who want to reach a large audience with high-quality sight, sound and motion. Each 15-second video ad will start playing without sound as it appears on screen and stop if people scroll past. If people tap the video, it will expand into a full-screen view and sound will start. People can expect to begin seeing these new ads over the next few months.

How do you take a simple, clean and unobtrusive social media conduit and turn it into a diabolical sack of crap? I enjoy my <75 friends (people that I've actually met...) on Facebook but if the bullshyt piles up too high, I'll vacate the account.

Myspace? :confused:

And drive even more people to use Ad Blockers, which will catch other websites in the crossfire.

And drive even more people to use Ad Blockers, which will catch other websites in the crossfire.

Yup. Most websites need those ads because they have to generate some revenue and FB is going to ruin it for them at this rate. I stopped using FB a while ago and am happier now. I almost want to go back to Myspace due to its simplicity.

The thing with Facebook is that it really has no value aside from the users. There's going to be a pivot point where enough people stop using it that it isn't cool anymore, and poof! Worthless.

How do you take a simple, clean and unobtrusive social media conduit and turn it into a diabolical sack of crap? I enjoy my <75 friends (people that I've actually met...) on Facebook but if the bullshyt piles up too high, I'll vacate the account.

Myspace? :confused:

by taking it public

I still have a Facebook account but use it more as an online Rolodex in case I need to contact someone. I don't think I've posted anything in close to 3 years. I'm amazed so many people still use it with all the data mining and obtrusive crap.

I still have a Facebook account but use it more as an online Rolodex in case I need to contact someone.

Thats why I had it but I deleted mine because I thought if they were important to me they would either have my number or they would be in my cell phone rofl

Because this worked well back when ET 2000 advertising did the very same thing forever ago.

Back