WD Simplifes TV Recording and Playback with 1 TB of Fast, Mobile Storage

HardOCP News

[H] News
WD®, a Western Digital company, and world leader in storage solutions for the connected life, today introduced My Passport® AV-TV, a high-performance, compact media drive designed to simplify storage and playback of hundreds of hours of TV entertainment by connecting the My Passport AV-TV to TV’s with a USB recording feature1.

The My Passport AV-TV offers plug-and-play simplicity for easy integration and is available in 500 GB and 1 TB2 capacities. My Passport AV-TV is engineered for AV applications with high-speed error recovery and continuous streaming command support, providing accurate recording and smooth video playback of recorded content. Additionally, My Passport AV-TV uses less power and stays cool - even in a hot entertainment center full of electronic devices.

WTF? A TV with a usb "recording" feature would be a blatant violation of the HDMI standard, they'd be de-certified in a heartbeat.

When are the hardware manufacturers going to start fighting back for our rights to Fair Use? Their products depend on it for existence, as it is most of the selling points are all copyright violations and DMCA violations.

Back