Mark Zuckerberg Calls President About NSA

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who knew that running a social networking site gave you direct access to the president?

"I've called President Obama to express my frustration over the damage the government is creating for all of our future," Zuckerberg said in an update to his Facebook page. "Unfortunately, it seems like it will take a very long time for true full reform."

These rubes think that man cares about anything but control and power? LMAO. He has demonstrated time and again he only cares about his own ass, like all the rest of them.

These rubes think that man cares about anything but control and power? LMAO. He has demonstrated time and again he only cares about his own ass, like all the rest of them.

Are you talking about Zuck or el Presidente?

Has Mark tried un-friending the President? Because that would have the same effect....

So, with enough money you can talk to your elected officials? How much does it cost to make an appointment? Maybe that's why us little guys are always shafted in favor of the large corporations. We just haven't bought our appointment, so they don't know what we want!

That said, it's easy to talk to my state level representatives. If they aren't available, most of the time they will email you when they have a chance. Even better, a couple of them will actually return your call to discuss your issue, which I thought was pretty bad ass.

Translation: Damnit Barack, you told me if I complied and let you snoop on all my users you could keep this shit on the downlow, we wouldn't have front page news story about how the NSA is snooping in everyone's shit. Now I have to go on the offensive saying how I don't like what you're doing!

Zuck's concerned about privacy? That'll be the day.

Translation: Damnit Barack, you told me if I complied and let you snoop on all my users you could keep this shit on the downlow, we wouldn't have front page news story about how the NSA is snooping in everyone's shit. Now I have to go on the offensive saying how I don't like what you're doing!

Ha! This is exactly what I thought when I read about it. :cool:

Zuck's concerned about privacy? That'll be the day.
Nobody force fools to put up their personal info.

I don't blame Zuck for being a bit pissed, NSA making FB look worse than it already does. FB is Zuck's bread and butter, if it goes away then so does most of his money. Then again he could retire now ,sell the site, and never have to work another day in his life, lol.

I don't blame Zuck for being a bit pissed, NSA making FB look worse than it already does. FB is Zuck's bread and butter, if it goes away then so does most of his money. Then again he could retire now ,sell the site, and never have to work another day in his life, lol.

if he cashed out today -- he actually has enough money such that he would never have to work for the next 120,000 years (or about 1400 average human lifetimes) this is assuming a very generous 250,000 dollars per years allowance.

anyone remember how OFA can actually grant high contributors the ability to sit at Obama's table? This is probably one of those cases.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well, my second thought was the Zuck doesn't want the NSA competing with him for collecting everyone's personal data.

no shit Sherlock. The point is he's doing the same thing to his own customers. Your logic says you can move out of the country if you don't like what our government does to us.

Glass house, stones and all that.

if he cashed out today -- he actually has enough money such that he would never have to work for the next 120,000 years (or about 1400 average human lifetimes) this is assuming a very generous 250,000 dollars per years allowance.

You fail to consider hyperinflation. If the "government" keeps printing money at the pace it is, then all that money that Zuck has may only be able to get him by for 3-4 years.

German marks anyone?

no shit Sherlock. The point is he's doing the same thing to his own customers. Your logic says you can move out of the country if you don't like what our government does to us.

Glass house, stones and all that.
No. What I'm saying is that its a big difference between someone doing that with their own site and the government doing it. Don't like FB doing it then don't fucking use it, don't like the government doing it then you fight it. See it yet? lol.

No. What I'm saying is that its a big difference between someone doing that with their own site and the government doing it. Don't like FB doing it then don't fucking use it, don't like the government doing it then you fight it. See it yet? lol.

Forget about the using part. Forget about the citizens and customers. I'm saying that Zuck does exactly what he complains that someone else is doing. He's a textbook hypocrite.

Thing is, aside from the far more voluntary nature of getting your data mined by FB, Zuckerberg is a whole lot less likely to use the information he gleans to put you on a watch list, tap your phone, arrest you, or make you disappear. All he's gonna do is sell it to Walmart . . .

He doesn't care about his country, why does anyone think he'll care if Zuckerberg is upset?

Back