The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gotta see more pictures of actual people's networks that they use every day and not the same ol' Datacenter scene. :rolleyes:

I have a whole load of new stuff coming (DELL drive array), Xeon stuff and more.... should be with me Monday, will get u pics then ;)

Why did you go with Xeons? I just check out anantech's comparison between Xeons and Opterons in server conditions and even the 1.8 Opteron killed the 2.8 Xeon. The Opteron 248 (2.2GHz) was faster by 45% i think it was.

hehe, there is more than one type of xeon young one :p

and yes, we all know the P4 xeon bites the big one...

Originally posted by FLECOM
<reserved>FLECOM's Room</reserved>

DSCN5132.jpg

more to come soon :)

Hey Flecom, I listen to the Paul and Ron show every morning....you work for Zeta or just a listener?

Originally posted by Highlife
Hey Flecom, I listen to the Paul and Ron show every morning....you work for Zeta or just a listener?

ha! i wish i had a job anywhere atm

so, no i dont work for zeta...

just listen... ya paul & ron kick ass :D

These are pictures are of the same stuff I posted before, but I moved out of mommies house so its a little different.

p2030004.jpg

p2030008.jpg

p2030010.jpg

you are running folding@home on all those machines for team 33 correct? ;)

you are running folding@home on all those machines for team 33 correct? ;)

Nope. I'm letting all my unused CPU cycles go to waste at the moment.

Originally posted by Gertrude
Nope. I'm letting all my unused CPU cycles go to waste at the moment.

:(

main-computer.jpg

main computer
amd 1.2ghz
256 megs ram
windows xp

dads1.jpg

my dad's computer
amd 1.3ghz
384 megs ram
windows 2000 pro

fileserver.jpg

amd 400 mhz
384 megs ram
windows 2000 server
fileserver, home theater to watch movies, dns,wins, dc

network1.jpg

network2.jpg

baystack 350t 16 port
patch panel
clarkconnect router
roadrunner cable service

Originally posted by enforcer17
Why did you go with Xeons? I just check out anantech's comparison between Xeons and Opterons in server conditions and even the 1.8 Opteron killed the 2.8 Xeon. The Opteron 248 (2.2GHz) was faster by 45% i think it was.

Web server...not normal server.

however, in terms of rendering times for Maya, 3DSMax, Premiere, After Effects, etc., Xeon wins hands down

Originally posted by rayman2k2
Web server...not normal server.

however, in terms of rendering times for Maya, 3DSMax, Premiere, After Effects, etc., Xeon wins hands down

in terms of my wallet, a pair of Athlon XP 2500+'s modded to MP's and OC'd to 3200 = teh winnar!!!

in terms of my wallet, a pair of Athlon XP 2500+'s modded to MP's and OC'd to 3200 = teh winnar!!!
Definitely more cost-effective too.

christ, for the cost of a fast dual XEON system, you could buy like 3 MP setups, over clock them, run them in parallel and have much better overall performance than with those damned expensive xeons. just my .02$ tho.

Originally posted by Blitzrommel
Definitely more cost-effective too.

hence "in terms of my wallet" which atm has a whopping $0 in it and two maxed out credit cards! yay! dosent college and the complete inability to find decent work kick ass??! :rolleyes:

hence "in terms of my wallet" which atm has a whopping $0 in it and two maxed out credit cards! yay! dosent college and the complete inability to find decent work kick ass??! :rolleyes:

Im tempted to start a FLECOM foundation just to put a stop to your whining! :p

I'll agree though, hard to find a decent paying job. There's all sorts of jobs around, some of which I enjoy and could be easily hired, they just don't pay enough. Instead i do something i hate for not enough. Make sense? :D

UPDATED PICS

My router, a D-Link DI-604, very good, no problems at all:
router.jpg

Some Close Ups:
router-closeup1.jpg

router-closeup2.jpg

A full shot of the "network". In here you see the Motorola Cable Modem, the Router, and my Linksys WAP11:
network.jpg

Close up of my wap (excuse the dust):
wap-closeup.jpg

And finally, my latest toy, an Airlink 5 port 10/100 switch, primarily to give us more ports on the network. My WAP took up the 4th port on the router, and then my sister got a computer so I lost my wireless. Since I use my laptop alot, I needed the wireless, so I bought this sucker for $20:
switch.jpg

A Close up of its purty lights :D :
switch-closeup.jpg

That's all :) Oh, I love the macro mode on my A60 :D

Originally posted by SKiTLz
Im tempted to start a FLECOM foundation just to put a stop to your whining! :p

I'll agree though, hard to find a decent paying job. There's all sorts of jobs around, some of which I enjoy and could be easily hired, they just don't pay enough. Instead i do something i hate for not enough. Make sense? :D
How about a Blitzrommel foundation too, I've resorted to selling my 50-port switch (As to which you're well-aware) :(

WoW... all this networking is just awesome, quite more than I've ever had the pleasure to use :)... So much hardware :)

How about a Blitzrommel foundation too, I've resorted to selling my 50-port switch (As to which you're well-aware) :(

and for $250 too, i saw the fS thrad, i was like omfg, $250? 48 + 2 gige :eek:

Yeah well, I lowered the price since then. :(

But, my personal thanks to enforcer17 who's taking it for $200. You made me a very happy person.

Which reminds me, I REALLY gotta get some pictures of my rack in its newly configured state. My brother has my digicam though!

Yeah well, I lowered the price since then. :(

But, my personal thanks to enforcer17 who's taking it for $200. You made me a very happy person.

Which reminds me, I REALLY gotta get some pictures of my rack in its newly configured state. My brother has my digicam though!

You sold it for $200 :eek:

Umm... I would have taken it in a heartbeat. I can pp right away too!

<edit>
New pics taken. just the low res ones here as they are hosted from home, if you wanna wait to see the cool high res ones, go to http://images.pyrospheric.net and click on the 'My LAN' gallery.
This is my desk with all my workstations and my gaming rig on it....
workstations.jpg

These are the important boxes for the house...from left to right, p133 mail server p100 'webcam server', ppro 200mhz domain controller, pII 233mhz firewall box. all but the webcam box run fbsd i might add.
servers.jpg

My new play toy setup...All these boxes are for my lan parties...game servers, firewall/dhcp/ftp/cache/proxy/dns/http servers all there:D..and yeah, thats an emachines box. its my cache server. it works. all of these boxes are freebsd powered too :p
pr0nlan.jpg

I see a Hellsing Wallpaper on the left moniter :)

Come to the Hobbies/Anime forum ... we need more posters ;)

Alright, I finally got updated pictures of my ghetto rack. It's sad to not see my 50-port switch in there. :(

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

Originally posted by Anarchy
I see a Hellsing Wallpaper on the left moniter :)

Come to the Hobbies/Anime forum ... we need more posters ;)
i have recently been introduced to hellsing and cowboy bebop by a friend...and i just watched an episode of hack//sign, and i love all three!
ill stop in and check it out

@blitzrommel
nice!!
/me needs a rack!
you can see my network shit back on page 3 of this thread and see my cool ghetto 'racks'

Blitzrommel - You are not intersted in rack gear like cheap APC 2U Rack Mount UPS systems are you? 700VA.

I might be, got any pictures of it? I do hav a 1000VA already, but it's not rackmounted (as you see in the pictures)

Originally posted by SupaFly99
Blitzrommel - You are not intersted in rack gear like cheap APC 2U Rack Mount UPS systems are you? 700VA.

If hes not I am. Shoot me a PM. Im actually looking for some rackmount UPS's.

Cheers

Originally posted by SKiTLz
If hes not I am. Shoot me a PM. Im actually looking for some rackmount UPS's.

Cheers

I'm looking for someone close to me, these puppies are over 100lbs together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back