Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
boatsweb.jpg

nitecarweb.jpg

What do you guys think (Canon A70)
Drew

Just a few pics I took last time I went hiking. These are a few of the better ones I like.

DSC00065.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

two shots from today from a bit of a california sunset, have some better shots from my old camera somewhere...

sunset_filtered.jpg

sunset2_filtered.jpg

thanks for the kind comments...i was driving the car doing more of a figure 8 than anything else. I was just messing around and it came out pretty cool looking i think. I think it was a 10 or 15 sec exposure too. Anyone here use ACDsee? Are there any tutorials online? I really just want to add borders.
Thanks
Drew

Originally posted by Sack Rot
This Reminded me of Zorprime's a little.
[/IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/johnlampo/102_0280.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty nice. :) I like it, and by chance would you have one in 1024x768 or larger?

And another pic of the same tree.

DSC00064.JPG

A squirrel at a "Nature Center" in a state park in Indiana (taken with a 90-230mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom at the long end, wide open, so even USM didn't help the extreme softness much):
squirrel-web.jpg

My grandmother (with a 55mm f/1.8 prime - illustrates bad bokeh well; I posted this in the thread covering that topic also):
grandmother-web.jpg

Originally posted by PurdueDood
I had just purchased a Vivitar Close-Up contact lens kit and took this shot almost as a joke. When I got the pictures back I was really impressed with the shot.

Body: Minolta Maxxum 7000i
Lens: 50mm 1:7
Film: Kodak Gold ISO 200

Shot Spec: f1.7|1/500th

AmyEyeBall2.jpg

-PD

i like a lot

lol i thought this was the show off your BEST PICS! thread? j/k

I like the cartman picture.

ZorPrime, IMHO, the water droplets on your flower really transform it from just-another-flower-picture to something much more amazing. I really like it. :)

56K, your... uh... portrait doesn't exactly have a lot of interest to me personally (again in my humble and inexperienced opinion). Perhaps some more dramatic use of lighting, and a little more preparation on the part of your, um, model (perhaps he also should have his eyes open). Using a longer focal length for a tighter head/shoulders crop with more blurred background also could help to improve the picture. Or maybe I just missed the point of the picture entirely (you could have intended for everything to be just as it is).

Oh yeah, this isn't photo.net, I guess we're supposed to be gentler here, huh? Well, sorry if my little discourse above offends. :eek:

Originally posted by jliechty
ZorPrime, IMHO, the water droplets on your flower really transform it from just-another-flower-picture to something much more amazing. I really like it. :)

Thanks, it one of the best ones I have IMO.

Oh yeah, this isn't photo.net, I guess we're supposed to be gentler here, huh? Well, sorry if my little discourse above offends. :eek:

Personally I like hearing it... Maybe not here, but personally I would like to take better pics and how else can one without someone being a critic.

I'm glad you guys all like my pic :D

I wasn't intending to be artistic with it. I just wanted to show off the quality of the picture.

Originally posted by 56k For Life
I'm glad you guys all like my pic :D

I wasn't intending to be artistic with it. I just wanted to show off the quality of the picture.

There IS no quality to that picture...

Honestly, and if you want to be textbook about this one 56K, I could have considered the following:

There are many difficulties associated with a straight-on shot like yours, you may want to try another angle, or possibly even a wider angle lens.

What is your ISO setting? Your color saturation seems a bit weak.
If you could manage a ISO 50 or 100 and a tripod, using a remote shutter trigger and a lengthened shutter time. Many small, short focal point lenses do better ad a medium f-stop. f11-16 with the appropriate shutter speed.
Even then I would have over-exposed that pic 2-3rds to 1 full stop over.

-PD

alright I just took this pic a second ago. how'd I do?

painting2.jpg

Good, looks like this trendy coffee place near the college where some fruitcake was hitting on me. Moar wide angle lens or further back though, composure is a little too packed perhaps.

umm k...so I wasted all my money on a 4MP camera for nothing?

Well, at least you saved US from having to say it.

hey ChaoStar, since you have an EOS Rebel 2000, and im interested in buying one, i was just wondering is the lens mount metal or plastic? i couldnt find out on the net after searching reviews for about 10-15 minutes.

thank you.

and btw i saw ur updated gallery, good stuff ;)

Originally posted by -expl0de-
hey ChaoStar, since you have an EOS Rebel 2000, and im interested in buying one, i was just wondering is the lens mount metal or plastic? i couldnt find out on the net after searching reviews for about 10-15 minutes.
Plastic. The Rebel Ti isn't much more expensive and has a metal mount (and a few other improvements).

Stereodude, did you use a wide angle lense or multiple shots for that, it is a sweet picture BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back