wireless keyboard for gaming

DirtyApe

Gawd
hey guys. ive been looking at buying a wireless keyboard and mouse for a while but i dont know what keyboard is best suited for gaming. im going to buy the logitech MX 700 wireless mouse cuz ive heard really great reviews about it. but i have know clue on which keyboard i shoul go with. and yes i know that if i want a good keyboard for gaming then i should stick to wired keyboards. but with the way my desk is, having a wireless keyboard would be sooo much better and hassle free. i read somewhere that the logitech keyboard had a problem with most games where the buttons wouldnt work if you had more than one button depressed at the same time. but i dont know. well thnx for any info and help guys :)

I would go with the Logitech MX Duo. Has the mx700 and the wireless elite keyboard.

Great combination :)

Originally posted by viper11885
I would go with the Logitech MX Duo. Has the mx700 and the wireless elite keyboard.

Great combination :)

works great ...
frag like you never fragged before !

i have heard and read some stuff on the mw duo. people have told me that the buttons will tend "stick" when depressing more than one button at any time. i dont know if this is true but this is what i have come across. but the duo is only 75 bucks and if the keyboard gives me trouble then ill just buy a wired one. i guess ill never find out unless i try for myself. thnx for the info guys

Im gunna say NO. I have one and it sucks for gaming, keys stick and u have some lag and also some times when u press a key the games doesnt know it and thus doesnt respon and u die :p

THats all mumbo jumbo to me !

I mean when I get my enemy territory on I usually end up in the top 5 ... the mouse makes all the difference and the keyboard is reall responsive even though its wireless...

I HATE MY WIRELESS MOUSE FOR GAMING!!

its great for general apps but gaming is a no, and I guess u are right with the keyboasd, IM talking quake getting killed by being unresponsive :p I am pretty good at quake top 5 in insta CTF usually

it seems to me that i should go with the wireless MX700 mouse and a wired keyboard since i do a lot of gaming with the mouse and keyboard. thnx for all the help guys! :)

dont go MS! they sux0rs for games, everyonce in a while it will just stop, like say i am holding down w it will just stop and leave me hanging, the mouse is fine thou.

i'm gonna go for a + for the Microsoft Optical Desktop Bluetooth. It's kinda $$, but it';s awesome for gaaming for me. Hell, i can put the game on my TV, sit back on my bed and play and it still works fine. THe only downside i have for this keyboard/mouse como is the battery life is so-so; battery lasts about 1-2 months in the mouse, up till 3 in the keyboard. But I have absolutely no lag with the keyboard or mouse.

Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Im gunna say NO. I have one and it sucks for gaming, keys stick and u have some lag and also some times when u press a key the games doesnt know it and thus doesnt respon and u die :p

Not a common response I don't think. . . could you be more specific? My MX Duo has none of these issues in games, but I can't tell if this is the setup you're talking about.

I rec. the MX Duo as well, no problems whatsoever, not even battery life. No hiccups with the software after 3 months, nor any issues with the kb or mouse "not responding".

Those of you who are complaining about the MS Optical Desktop: Are you using the regular verison or the Bluetooth version? From previous experiences, I've had much better connectivity and responce times with the Bluetooth than just the regular/non-bt combo.

i use wired ms internet keyboard and mx700 mouse. works beautifully

I hesitate to buy anything from Canada.

j/k:rolleyes: but my ghetto Logitec mouse works okay with games.

I recently bought the keyboard and mouse from logitech cant remember the models but they r like second highest or better....both wired for aroun 70 bucks...alotta cash but i personally think well worth the $

I have a wireless microsoft natural multimedia, and it's batteries always die during a game or it just sometimes turns off and I have to take the batteries in and out

in other words, I recommend sticking to wired

ive had my mx duo for about 4 months and im in love. ive never had a problem with "sticky keys" or any of that other bad stuff. ive never had a problem with lag either

another vote for MX Duo - i love the MX700 and the i dont have any probs with keyboard

NANA

Originally posted by Pixeleet
Those of you who are complaining about the MS Optical Desktop: Are you using the regular verison or the Bluetooth version? From previous experiences, I've had much better connectivity and responce times with the Bluetooth than just the regular/non-bt combo.

mine is the regular (USB)

it's odd because I thought you had to have both connectors (mouse and keyboard) plugged in, but when I unplugged the keyboard to switch in a wired, the wireless started working fine :confused:

Back