Problem with 2001fp and Radeon 9800XT

Well folks I will start out by saying that my built by ATI radeon is a week old and I just got my Dell 2001fp monitor yesterday. I hooked it up via the DVI cable and fired it up.

All is well, set it to 1600x1200x32 and load the 2001fp drivers. Excellent, everything looks great, check for dead pixels....got none awesome!

Decide to reboot and I get this

http://users.adelphia.net/~crazychuckster/2001fp.jpg

Now if I back the resolution down to 1280x1024 or use the analog cable it goes away. I am running the 4.1 Catalyst Drivers. I have also tried reinstalling them to no avail. I have checked the box on the ATI drivers to lower the frequency for DVI output or whatever and it helps a bit but does not fix it completely.

I also tested the monitor on a different system at 1600x1200 on the DVI on a GF3 TI500 and it was fine.

Any ideas?

Do you have another DVI cable?

We've had stuff like that happen a couple of times here at work, swap cables and everything is fine.

Shit, that's nasty bro. Did you try uninstalling the Catalyst drivers and using the Omega's? I was going to buy 2 of those 2001fps to go with my radeon 9800xp, I'll be holding off until you get this resolved.

Originally posted by Cr@zy Chuckster
Well folks I will start out by saying that my built by ATI radeon is a week old and I just got my Dell 2001fp monitor yesterday. I hooked it up via the DVI cable and fired it up.

All is well, set it to 1600x1200x32 and load the 2001fp drivers. Excellent, everything looks great, check for dead pixels....got none awesome!

Decide to reboot and I get this

http://users.adelphia.net/~crazychuckster/2001fp.jpg

Now if I back the resolution down to 1280x1024 or use the analog cable it goes away. I am running the 4.1 Catalyst Drivers. I have also tried reinstalling them to no avail. I have checked the box on the ATI drivers to lower the frequency for DVI output or whatever and it helps a bit but does not fix it completely.

I also tested the monitor on a different system at 1600x1200 on the DVI on a GF3 TI500 and it was fine.

Any ideas?

I get that sometimes too with my 9700 pro. here is what i do to fix it, turn off your monitor....wait a few secs then turn back on....or change the input to another input long enough for the screen to go black then switch back to dvi. this fixes it for me...the easiest way i found to avoide it is just not to turn the monitor in untill the computer has booted up

Did you try checking the Alternate dvi operation mode along with reduce dvi frequecny? You may want to try checking one or the other or both to see if it improves.

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
you need to reduce DVI frequency via ATI control panel.

Done that. And checked the other option in there. It makes it better but does not fix it 100%

I think this card has $hit the bed on me. Going to RMA the card.

It's the monitor not the card ! My last Dell replacement doesn't do that but the previous one I had would have the very same corruption your showing about every 4th to 5th boot up! I tried everything I could think of doing also but in the end had to rma my 2nd 2001FP and my 3rd one doesn't do that at all!!!!

What strikes me as odd is that I have tested 2 other video cards with this monitor and they work fine at 1600X1200 that is why the card is suspect.

Anyways I found a couple of dead pixels and a new monitor is on its way.

I will figure out what the deal is and post the results.

OK the results are in.

BAD RADEON 9800XT!

I replaced it with another one yesterday afternoon and all is well.

Back