My new desk.

Disarray

[H]ard|Gawd
After about 60 hours of cutting and welding I have finished a very unique desk.

First, here is my pc:
DCP_6551.jpg

Here is another shot of it:
DCP_6552.jpg

Here is my new, homemade desk:
DCP_6553.jpg

And look what it does!:
DCP_6555.jpg

And one more shot:
DCP_6559.jpg

And a side view:
DCP_6556.jpg

Your desk is so [H] that it knocked the wind out of me. Truly badass

Sorry about that, I put up the warning. I need to learn how to resize the pics before my next go around.

OMG looks like you ready to blast off .......T-Minus 10 and counting....

AWESOME work man, truly awesome.

Ya resize them and they wont look as blurry.

I saw the first couple of pics.. I though, he probably got a chair from a car or something and did some work to it... its nice but nothing super special.... and then you show the pic of it leaning back!!!! That is so awesome!!!

How does it stay in position? just a sliding lock? Is it hard to use the keyboard/mouse when leaning back like that?

WOW! That is a very nice desk.

Do you have to always lean like that in order to use the desk or can it still be used while sitting upright?

The desl is adjustable from 0 to 45 degrees. It is powered by an electric winch that is adjusted while siiting at the desk. The mouse and keyboardwork fine in any position the desk is placed.

Just pray that the middle monitor doesn't break loose while you are reclined or it might land right on the jewels!

;) <-- for the people who have trouble understand jokes.

ALL HAIL THE KING OF GEEK

(this is meant as a genuince compliment)

Wow great job. One question though. Is it hard to reach the keyboard? It looks like you are kinda far away. All in all it is an awesome mod. How about a tutorial? lol

Damn man that is ROCKING! Thats very original, you should try entering it in some sort of contest. :D

you're just a DIY kind of guy *i can rhyme*
speaking of which, what is up on the downside home slice g yo?

truely unique, i wish i werent 14 or i might try it, but alas my parents might disown me.

I honestly hope that those monitors are fastened down properly or you could be in some serious pain!!!:eek: :D

you're just a DIY kind of guy *i can rhyme*
speaking of which, what is up on the downside home slice g yo?

truely unique, i wish i werent 14 or i might try it, but alas my parents might disown me.
Rofl me too :eek:

Thanks for the compliments. You know, before I had found hardforum, I was happilly plugging along on my stock 2400 pc and having a great time. Then I saw all the rocking stuff guys do on this site and said to myself "Self, what could you do?" This has been some project and its not done yet. The only way for the monitors to fall is if the 1 1/2" steel on the front breaks. And I have an emergecy egress plan for such an event.

Originally posted by BIGJEFF
Wow great job. One question though. Is it hard to reach the keyboard? It looks like you are kinda far away. All in all it is an awesome mod. How about a tutorial? lol

For a little typing the keyboard is fine. When I want to type a lot it is mounted with the arm rest and moves easily into my lap.

As far as a tutorial, you don't want to know.....it was a tough job.

Originally posted by ST|FFY
how much did that cost you alltogether?

Not counting the PC stuff, it was about $100 bucks. I used old steel I had here and I even took the winch off my jeep to raise and lower the desk.

Originally posted by KoZLop
Can you make me one? :D

Yes, can you afford it? I would hate to see what shipping would cost for this thing. Its got to weigh 600 lbs.

Originally posted by beachbum
That is truely ghettofabulious! (hope a monitor doesnt fall on anyone)

I cant decide which I like better. Ghettofabulious or the KING OF THE GEEKS! You should submit that word to websters, I think you have coined a new word for the lexicon.

Now I need suggestions on what to add.

Dude you just raised the bar so high... I can't even see the damn bar anymore :cool:

The only thing I dislike about the desk is, you can't let go of the mouse when inverted, right?

I'd like to see more pics of the actual case... looks as interesting as the desk :)

Once my usb extensions come, I will be able to release the mouse. Did find one glaring omission. No cup holder!

Originally posted by legacy

how do you like the nostromo pad? [/B]

I love it. It is much better than a keyboard and I would strongly reccomend it to anyone who games a lot. It will take a few days to build up your muscle memory but keep at it because it will be worth it.

in the immortal words of ut2k4...
"holy shit, holy shit, ho-ho-holy shi-holy shit!":D

im sure that took alot of hardwork and imagination, big props goes to you on this project!

very nice project and if you look at the gamedeck though it does have a nicer finish it is about $4,295 more than what your cost was so I think that is a fair trade off!

Back