thread subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_m

i'm so nice
i can't seem to subscribe to a thread via the thread tools link at the top. it says
tim, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
i'll try subscribing via additional options below the post text box. -- i can subscribe via that but that would only work if i was the OP

Maybe log out, kill your cookie cache and log back in. See if that fixes anything.

I just used it to sub...

Are all the drop menus not working? What Browser?

all the drop down menus work. this happens in both IE 6 and mozilla 1.6

i also get an error if i try to unsubscribe from this thread (since i was able to subscribe upon original posting)

i didn't try unsubscribing from my user cp

logging out and deleting cookies didn't make a difference

also, presumably your account wouldn't be prone to permission errors of any kind ;)

i also tried subscribing to different threads, same result

This account is just a regular user account....and it would not let me do it....

i also get the permission error when clicking the View all Subscribed Threads link in the cp

Same Here. I was looking for a certain thread and i just cant do it. im glad your working on it.

For me, some of the drop down menus just started to work. Like when I click on a user name. A few minutes ago, there was no drop down menu, it just went straight to their profile. It might be useful, but then again, it doenst display anything that their public profile didnt already say. Oh well, it cant hurt much, can it?

ya i really dont like the drop down on the name. it just doesnt seem that it belongs.

We will be working on these issues. Gotta have subs right...

also, when subscribed threads do show up in the cp, there appears to be a missing header column, it goes
Thread / Thread Starter | Last Post | Replies | Views
but when browsing one of the main forums it goes
Thread / Thread Starter | Thread Starter | Last Post | Replies | Views

so i guess the Thread Starter header cell needs to be added to the template for showing thread subscriptions.

also, i guess Thread Starter should be removed from the first column since that's displayed in the 2nd column.

Just to add...

I'm having the same problem Tim mentioned. I'm using IE6, killed my browser cache and deleted any hardforum cookies, re-logged back in and whenever I ask it to show all subscribed threads I get the "you do not have permission" page.

I get the same error if I try and manually subscribe to a thread that I haven't posted in either.

Keep up the good work, the forum looks greatly improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back