*OFFICIAL* Look what I got in the mail!!

adri1456

Gawd
After months of waiting, I received my first freebie in the mail: a "GLO Jeans" gel mouse pad.

It was shipped from New Jersey to Hawaii. I forgot when I signed up for this offer (probably a few months ago, when I was sleepy, and didn't think straight). They said that they'll send me a magazine in the next few months, but that's a girls newsletter (it has fashion tips, events, and fashion news).

How do I opt out of this? I was thinking of changing the shipping name to a cousin of mine who likes these things, but she's moving out in a couple of weeks, and I won't have any "middleman" to "cover" for me so that I can get free goodies.

adri1456 said:
After months of waiting, I received my first freebie in the mail: a "GLO Jeans" gel mouse pad.

It was shipped from New Jersey to Hawaii. I forgot when I signed up for this offer (probably a few months ago, when I was sleepy, and didn't think straight). They said that they'll send me a magazine in the next few months, but that's a girls newsletter (it has fashion tips, events, and fashion news).

How do I opt out of this? I was thinking of changing the shipping name to a cousin of mine who likes these things, but she's moving out in a couple of weeks, and I won't have any "middleman" to "cover" for me so that I can get free goodies.

send it to your boss or someone you don't really like
lol111.gif

edit: or just let it come to you, i know i'm still enjoying my free ym subscription :p

or maybe, just maybe, you could follow the rules about "look what i got in the mail" threads.

We also ask that you stop posting “Look what I just got in the mail!” type threads. If you are excited and you want to brag about your cool new item, we suggest you do one of the following
1. SEARCH and find the old thread that allowed you to get the cool item, and REPLY to that, bumping it to the top.
2. use this thread to brag about your new item.
3. Start a new thread, explaining to others (with links if necessary) about how to get the item, and then include your cool pics of the item.

laserdemon said:
or maybe, just maybe, you could follow the rules about "look what i got in the mail" threads.
Oops. Sorry.

But the problem is that usually someone else collects the mail, and if they see that I'm subscribing to "girly" things, and look at me weird.

laserdemon said:

actually that old thread is gone, how about this is the new thread? :cool:

I sign up for things and then act surprised when it comes, since most things never come.

Yesterday in the mail I got:
2 Tylenol Allergy samples
Allegra Packet w/ rebate forms (40% co pay rebate)
3 magazines - (freebies)
Yet another Victorias Secret Catolog

misfitsfiend said:
i'd leave modding up to the modders. people are way to serious around here...
Too many passive-agressive computer geeks in one place is never a friendly environment. ;)

woot, I also got that thing. i remember when I signed up I thought it was some kind of lighted mouse pad. Then I figured it out. Busted up laughing when I opened the package. I really liked the letter inside that said "Hey Girl......" Now I am on the fu fu mail list for life. :( Oh well, it did make a very good frizbeeeee.

I also did get a free mag subscription to one of those PC mags. (hard to tell them apart). That and I used air miles from united to get another 5 subscriptions to other mags, plus the one I paid for. To make a long story short I now get way too many friggin magazines. Might need to reinforce the old coffee table. :D

I also thought it was going to be a glowing mousepad...not so. My dad was like..wth is this? to which I replied..."It's free", and then he was like, "Oh, okay".

lol yeah i got that to, i needed a mouse pad for my optic cause my desk is solid color black, lol cant even use this flimsy thing. lol

I finally got that free architecture book titled: Celebrating the Art of Architecture.

It showed up today in the mail, it took about 5weeks till I got it. So far nothing else has showed up that I signed up for.

Holy shit. How many threads did you have to dig through to find this?

Heh. It should be stickied. Then maybe mods wouldn't have to close threads for not posting the message here instead. *hint hint ScubaSteve*

abby.normal said:
I sign up for things and then act surprised when it comes, since most things never come.

Yet another Victorias Secret Catolog

ewww nice... lol

I got my new, un-used fancy dental flosser (from rreach i think).

And my friend got his first surprise issue of PlayB =)

Still waiting for my Zyrtec blanket though :( .

Hmm let's see... things I've recieved recently...

Maximum PC
PC Mag
Stuff Magazine
USPS Stack & Weigh Scales
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Duo Sample
Guinness Magnet
Fluke Networks Wireless LAN Poster
BP $5 Prepaid Gas Card
Staples Gift Card
Glad ForceFlex Trashbag Sample
Art of Architecture Book
Oracle 10G Database Software & Self-Study Guide
PS2 Disc with a bunch of demos (have no idea where this came from)

I got a notice from the postmaster that my mailbox was falling apart and I needed to fix it or he'd stop giving me my mail.

top that!

too much stuff to list

and too much stuff to throw away but at least i got a free trash bag in the mail to throw it away in

Well the oracle 10g database software showed up today in the mail, I filled out the information of getting the free software some 5weeks ago.

Never used Oracle before, so it will be a first.

So I have gotten so far:

Mr. Clean duo
Architecture magazine
Oracle 10g database software

Did anyone else get Saturn Magnets, Saturn as in the car company? I'll post picks if you want, but I have no idea why I got these...

They came to my fake name "Peter Lemonjello" so I know I signed up for them over the internet. Oh and feel free to use that name, also Mr. Lemonjello is recieveing credit card offers.

a while ago i got a Powercolor 9800 SE from newegg.com in the mail, it was tite because right about then my voltmodded 9700 pro died, so i traded the 9800se for another 9700pro

Back