Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev 3 for $10

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
SVC has the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Revision 3 for $9.99. Use coupon code REV3 this expires expires 6-13-04. You can only use the coupon for one cooler!!! I found this out when I tried to order 2 of them, and only got the disount for 1.

As a more expensive alternative they have the Aerocool VM-101 Video Magic Series Fanless VGA Cooler for $38.99.

I highly recommend SVC, I buy from them all the time, they have very low prices, and usually same day shipping.
Also they offer USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail Service, which is only a little more than UPS Ground, and to Texas, a lot faster.

compatible with 9.5k 9.6k 9.7k AND 9.8k from ATi, not bad at all ;D

I jumped on the Rev2 deal a while ago, and haven't strapped the damn thing to a card yet...

Yeah I got the Rev 2 about a couple of months ago when they were at the same price. Excellent deal. That Aerocool cooler just looks silly, doesn't look very credible IMO with its "superconductor" tubes (aka heatpipes). Haven't seen any reviews for it but its pricy for a passive cooler. Gonna give this link to my buddy that just got a 9800P.

b0b

ahhh crap.. I just won one on ebay for 11, unfortunately Ebay's sellers tend to rape on shipping.. 8:90 for shipping... sigh.. oh well.. This bad boy is going on my radeon 9800 pro 256Mb :-D just noticed, time to update teh sig.

Ordered, thanks for the heads up!!

Now, does anyone know where I can get a quality yet inexpensive soldering iron? :p You know what I'm planning...

I've seen this before, and I'm wondering, is it a cheap POS? I know it's only $10, but is it worth $10 or should I just toss $20 more in to get a zalman?

S1nF1xx said:
I've seen this before, and I'm wondering, is it a cheap POS? I know it's only $10, but is it worth $10 or should I just toss $20 more in to get a zalman?
Check out the link. There's plenty of reviews there. Read them and decide for yourself. Personally I've not read one negative review, or else I wouldn't have posted the link OR ordered two for myself.

just ordered 2 myself, 1 for a 9800pro and 1 for a 9500>9700pro Mod. Couldnt pass this up.

damn, wish i had some money, i want to get see just how high i can clock my 9600P

Just ordered. Thanks for the deal.

$15 total is pretty damn good.

It's a quality piece. Read the reviews on it.

are these VGA silencer's actually good? would someone like to share their thoughts in comparing to watercooling the core? :). Someone lemme know, i might pick one up :)

read some reviews....ive yet to see a review that doesnt like this thing. There is even one I found on google that compared max clock speeds and temps with stock cooling, this, and watercooling on a 9800P. Obviosuly the water was the best, but this wasa still a good step above the stock cooling. It allowed for a higher core at lower temps

Thanks, I picked one up and a round ide cable, $20.24 shipped. Nice deal. Now I just hope it fits on a 9600 non-pro and in my mATX case...

diredesire said:
compatible with 9.5k 9.6k 9.7k AND 9.8k from ATi, not bad at all ;D

I jumped on the Rev2 deal a while ago, and haven't strapped the damn thing to a card yet...

You do know that 9.5k etc are the same number of characters each as 9500, 9600, etc.... and that it is harder to type too, right?

heheheh. :D

Back